Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

My sister and I had this convo before. Was telling her that the windows are getting [been] unreliable and a lot of things that don't work any more... but it still runs great.

She had a rather practical suggestion. "Make a 'Woody".  I can see cargo net "doors"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

My sister and I had this convo before. Was telling her that the windows are getting [been] unreliable and a lot of things that don't work any more... but it still runs great.

She had a rather practical suggestion. "Make a 'Woody".  I can see cargo net "doors"

I just can't say what I want to say so I'll just go back to the suggestion about the sawzall, just get a good torch it will take less time, but please, don't try to make a woody with the torch or the sawzall.  LMAO

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I just can't say what I want to say so I'll just go back to the suggestion about the sawzall, just get a good torch it will take less time, but please, don't try to make a woody with the torch or the sawzall.  LMAO

AND take the gas tank off!  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

that's why I get up at 3:45. 

how y'all are today?

been looking for a misplaced cup of coffee. 4 or 5 days.  Found it yesterday. I gave up on looking for it a couple days ago. I knew it was in the yard... somewhere.   Of all the places, it was sitting on the metal lawn table. Why would I have set it on a TABLE? That almost sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

... and why did I leave my coffee in the house? Be right back

mo bettah

ordered a belt for my turntable. Not a fancy table. Technics SL20. Might be worth the $5 for the belt. It's been sitting for 20 years.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that's why I get up at 3:45. 

how y'all are today?

been looking for a misplaced cup of coffee. 4 or 5 days.  Found it yesterday. I gave up on looking for it a couple days ago. I knew it was in the yard... somewhere.   Of all the places, it was sitting on the metal lawn table. Why would I have set it on a TABLE? That almost sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

... and why did I leave my coffee in the house? Be right back

mo bettah

ordered a belt for my turntable. Not a fancy table. Technics SL20. Might be worth the $5 for the belt. It's been sitting for 20 years.

Do you a large collection of albums? I've been thinking about adding a turntable, for the few albums I have from the 70s and 80s.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you a large collection of albums? I've been thinking about adding a turntable, for the few albums I have from the 70s and 80s.

Were the albums handled carefully?  High cartridge weight?  Stored in temp controlled space?  Chocolate on your fingers?  Things to consider before leaping into vinyl again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tarheel said:

Were the albums handled carefully?  High cartridge weight?  Stored in temp controlled space?  Chocolate on your fingers?  Things to consider before leaping into vinyl again.

They have been in a huge box buried in my closet for years, not sure but I think they should be ok. I did take care of them when I played them, back in the early 80s! I had an average Technics TT back then, no idea on cartridge info.

• Like 3

I have a few.    Mostly '70's. Was playing some the other day. ELP, Steppenwolf.  Same vintage as my gear.

My vinyl is pretty rough. It been in this dust bowl it's whole life. This is abrasive type dust. Grit

I have to admit to liking this spotify.  Feel like the computer has a use.  beyond a communication device.

I am going dig some vinyl out. Some of the music spot pulls, isn't what I remember. 

• Like 2