Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I have some of those. Old ones. 78 rpm old. Belonged to my grandfolk. 

Mornin' Mike

Gia at camp?

the kid's b'day... 5. Hard to believe.   We made pancakes last week. I had her flipping them and everything. I'm teaching her. Wife is a lost cause. Set in her ways. Insists on [trying to] use one of those stupid plastic spatulas.

I left my coffee in the house again. I might be slow, but I'm not too bright.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did something out of character yesterday. I got involved...

2 Sheriff were sitting in front of the neighbor's. Wife asked them what was going on.

Welfare check.  We [wife and I] kinda keep an eye on him, too. Health probs.   They couldn't enter the property. Gate locked.  I offered to hop the fence and knock on the door.  so, I went over a 5 foot fence in my sarong...

Now that I think.... at 65, prolly shouldn't be doing silly things like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

2 Sheriff were sitting in front of the neighbor's. Wife asked them what was going on.

Welfare check.  We [wife and I] kinda keep an eye on him, too. Health probs.   They couldn't enter the property. Gate locked.  I offered to hop the fence and knock on the door.  so, I went over a 5 foot fence in my sarong...

I bet that was a sight to see :) Did the wife take video?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Now that you have ruined my morning with that visual, is your neighbor ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I may have mentioned this before, but a recent memorable Grand Haven moment was my brother-in-law, Dave’s, memorial service at the American Legion Hall (got to be one of the best Legion Halls) right on the river. After finally hearing from his fellow Marines about his heroism in Vietnam — Dave never talked about his two tours — during the outdoor service two young (~12) boys riding by on bikes, got off their bikes and stood at attention.  Only in GH.

At my Uncle Bill's funeral a couple years ago in Bloomington Indiana, four pre-teen kids that were playing in their front yard stopped playing, stood still with their hands over their hearts while the procession drove by. It was a very nice gesture that many of the people at the funeral were talking about.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@DizRotus  The legion was right next to my old office. They put on a nice BBQ for us each summer. Back in my Coast Guard days, it was my turn to participate in a public event.  There was a memorial day event and we had to send a color guard unit. I was  only an E5 back then and was in the pool to do stuff like this.  I was holding the American Flag and the guy next to me had a rifle. The presentation was LONG and it was HOT.  He whispered that he was going to pass out. I told him to bend his knees a bit and hang in there. Finally, he just walks off and goes and sits down.  This real old man comes out of the audience, grabs his rifle and comes and stands beside me for the remainder of the event.  it was a pretty cool thing to experience. Like you said, only in GH.  

Love your stories Steve.  The forum is more fun with you here!

• Like 6

Morning folks, it's been awhile so I thought I would stop in. Plus I am trying a new coffee today. Death Wish, its bold but not to bitter. Supposed to have a high dose of caffeine, but nothing to give you the shakes.

The wife and I have recently been doing alot of work around the house. Main level remodel, finishing the basement, installing a pool and major overhaul on the deck with a roof. So we've been kind of busy. Hopefully we will be done in the next couple of weeks depending how long the deck takes. As of right now we are waiting on carpet to go in before we finish all the trim and bar. On a side note, this is my first time in 20 years of home ownership I have had to shop for and have carpet installed (mostly had hardwood floors and still do in most of the house). But dam carpet is expensive.

We decided to get all this done now as we would like to enjoy this for at least 10 years. Who knows what's instore after that. But we'll worry about that when the time comes.

BigStew, glad to see you around. I see Tarheel is working on downsizing his system. I have a feeling he's going to miss those Lascalas. I recently made a big audio media purchase. I normally don't make large media purchases like this, but really wanted this. It's a Type O Negative box set with new cuts of their collection on vinyl. Its $200.00 for the collection of 12 disc. Unfortunately it won't ship until September, but hy then outside activities are winding down and I will have a nice man cave to sit and enjoy them.

Here is a link to the box set if anyone is interested.  From what I can tell about run out Grove, they re press a lot of odd balls on vinyl.  Supposed to be great cuts.

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/shop/none-more-negative-box-1.html

Until my next visit, cheers and be well.84114a1e1072e254a12fd660971bf8dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Done with the coffee, another glorious day in Ohio, 3 in a row, must be the end of the world or something.  Been rolling since 7, done mowing, weeding, checking the pool, now it's time to break out the pressure washer and get rolling on the concrete/deck and maybe even the truck.  Hope you all have a fabulous day!  Cheers.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Pete H said:

another glorious day in Ohio, 3 in a row

We've had very few nice days. Though some may consider 80s and low humidity nice, we often have had rain which slows outdoor projects down along with making it not so desirable to go swimming.  I don't know about you, but I actually enjoy taking care of a pool, vacuuming, treating, etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Done with the coffee, another glorious day in Ohio, 3 in a row, must be the end of the world or something.  Been rolling since 7, done mowing, weeding, checking the pool, now it's time to break out the pressure washer and get rolling on the concrete/deck and maybe even the truck.  Hope you all have a fabulous day!  Cheers.

Get it finished now, because I big nasty storm is brewing around St Louis, and that usually means we get it later, then you after us.

• Like 1

Bet that made a big difference Mike, besides the bean the H20 makes the biggest difference.

Gotta check in here more often than I have lately, a hundred "E"s, half from here.. and you guys crack me up!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

.....Yes

the neighbor was fine. Taking a siesta. Sheesh. 

I'm sure I gave the cops something to talk about. Still pretty agile. Surprised myself

Just lucky nothing hung up on the fence.

53 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

yup, your agility is what they are talking about!!😉

I'm sure.

It had nothing to do with the only sarong in 500 miles or 1000

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Been rolling since 7, done mowing, weeding, checking the pool, now it's time to break out the pressure washer and get rolling on the concrete/deck and maybe even the truck. 

You left out your harassing texting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

On a side note, this is my first time in 20 years of home ownership I have had to shop for and have carpet installed (mostly had hardwood floors and still do in most of the house). But dam carpet is expensive.

Get the thinnest, hardest pad they offer.  Your carpet will last a lot longer and need less stretching.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

chlorine and fluoride.... and a aging public water system..

We have been on well water for over 30 years so I forgot about what they add to city water, but do see in the news of areas under boil water restrictions at times.

Could be worse, the water for New Orleans and surrounding areas are taken from the Mississippi River. Upstream from New Orleans a  couple hours is Baton Rouge, it is full of oil refineries and chemical plants all along the river, then add in the other 2300 miles upstream.

• Sad 2