Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I told him what to do and he said really, I said yes so he did it, I knew his tattoos would make it work and it did, he did it about 20 times and he and the girls couldn't carry all the beads. 

Wow the bead people have gotten easy!

A friend told me long ago he had to display it ready to go to get the beads:cool:

@dirtmudd

Lordy, I've not seen Christmas Tree Sensie since the 80s, made me forget my mug was empty just now.

Don't forget to lick the cheese paper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't know about you, but I actually enjoy taking care of a pool, vacuuming, treating, etc..

I do as well after getting 2 things in the last few years.  1.  Mesh safety cover for the winter, easy on, easy off no more water bags.  2.  My Dolphin auto vac ( I should have gotten one of these 10 years ago).  i actually don't spend much time at all regarding maintenance with the exception of a few hours when I open and close and monitoring my levels which stay pretty constant after dialing them in the first 24 hours after opening, but I'm really particular about water balance and laugh when I stop by my local pool supply and hear all the people complaining about their pool water and spending hundreds of dollars to try and fix what they screwed up.  I normally end up educating a few people waiting in line to have their water tested about proper balance and how much time and money they can save if they just dial that in in the first place.  I know the owner pretty well and he laughs when I have them check my water to make sure that all my reagents are good in my test kit.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Wow the bead people have gotten easy!

A friend told me long ago he had to display it ready to go to get the beads:cool:

@dirtmudd

Lordy, I've not seen Christmas Tree Sensie since the 80s, made me forget my mug was empty just now.

Don't forget to lick the cheese paper!

being good "hill folk", we make our own

and I left my coffee in the frig house... again Maybe I should outsmart myself and bring a coffee machine out to the doghouse. Have a half of a plan to bring water here. Sink/shower are easy... gray water.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

this Sumatran coffee gets a little sour when it ages/gets cold. I've had some that had to be drank immediately after brew or it would sour.

55` this AM. Going for 100`. Still no humidity. Late start on our monsoon - if it happens at all.

If we don't get some wet soon, the mesquites will "drop" their leaves,  they don't so much drop as turn gray and wait for new growth to push them off.

@Tarheel

Are you SURE you want to part with your LaScalas?  I know your gf likes those tall speakers.... sound to me like you don't want to get rid of yours... you need to buy another pair and stack them. Then they will be tall like the gf likes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

My Dolphin auto vac

I have a auto vac too, but not sure on the brand, I thought I read that it was a triton, but not the dolphin.  I will have to check.   I love waking up early Saturday morning and seeing the sun glisten on the water and vacuuming the pool, its really peaceful.  My mom had a pool that I took care of one summer and never had any water issues.  This is my first pool and hope to not have any as well.  Its amazing how so many people invest so much time and money in pools and still don't know what's going on.   

• Like 4

Keeping a pool isn't rocket science. Not to say there isn't a lot to keeping them proper. I kept a small sewage  'plant" and a swimming pool. The sewage plant is easier ... until it gets full of sand.   Then "someone" get to go down into the tank and fill buckets while they get hauled up on a rope... and out. We would get a little dirty. We made sure.

I have dealt with a couple swimming pools that got out of hand - black algae.  Ya gotta love sandblasting in the summer.

.... I would go out on a limb and say that albums are supposed to make some noise.  Marcel Marceau's Greatest Hits excluded

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, polizzio said:

I walked down Neyres St all the time from the St Claude bus stop to school.

I remember walking down to St Claude with my dad, there was a hot tamale stand on the corner we would go get some to bring home. All along the way people would be sitting on the porches and everyone would talk to you as you walked by, it was really nice back then, a real neighborhood.

Our paths may have crossed at some time

Very possable.

Or ride our bicycles pretty much anywhere

Before I could drive we would rid or bikes on the levee to get to the quarter and ride all over the quarter.

Been to Rock n Bowl a couple times, very popular and fun place.

We like to go there, we have even taken the grandkids to hear live music there. It's part bowling alley so kids can get in, they loved it. Our cousin was singing in a band, the Wise Guys and was a good band with a large horn section. She also sang those funny song with the band Benny Grunch , who sang songs like the 10 yats of Christmas.

9 hours ago, polizzio said:

I remember when the  Warehouse first opened, if you brought a remnant of carpet, you got in for free for a show. I saw a couple concerts there before I was 20. Saw Boston there....what a show!

I remember that thought it was cool but it turned out to be a big mess in the end, it got pretty funky. I  was at that Boston concert, Peter Frampton, J Giles, well to many to type really, it was my favorite place to see a concert. Santana at the Municipal Auditorium, ZZ Top and Aerosmith at city park stadium, it was a great time back then and it was cheap to see a show back then.

9 hours ago, polizzio said:

Music was/is such an integral part of life in NO. Lot of good memories in the city over the years. The lakefront and the parks.

Your right UNO Assembly Center was nice also and the fields around it, seen Chicago outside there and Eric Clapton in the arena, also the Eagles.

I miss those days.

Like that saying, 

I might be old but we got to see all the cool bands.

• Like 4

Does anyone know the recipe for a good apple cider cocktail?  This is really useful information for beginner cocktailmakers. Education is needed even for this. You can read an essay about civil disobedience to understand that education is the basis of the existence of modern man. You can read it on the online service https://samples.edusson.com/civil-disobedience-essay/. I also wanted to ask a question. I want to take my son on the hunt, but I do not know whether it will harm him. He study at school and he is 12 years old. The wife is against it, but it seems to me that he will like it.

Edited by Daniel Balfour
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Daniel Balfour said:

Does anyone know the recipe for a good apple cider cocktail?

Hot buttered rum but it's a little warm for that!  Welcome to the forum.  This thread allows discussion of whatever crosses your mind as well as a little audio conversation.  I came here in 2005 and am still here😑

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I came here in June 2006; but, then I’ve probably “disappeared” for a total of two years if you add up all the time i’ve been away. Yeah, i know, the best two years this forum has ever seen ...

=== ahh - those were the daze —

• Haha 3