Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My laptop is wet; but, still working.

I bet the keys get sticky when it dries.

when I was flying/crashing R/C helicopter, we had a procedure for drying out wet electronics. Beer, IDK.  I had a cordless phone [not iphone/cell] that survived the dunk test.

...... because I didn't read the book.

What does it say about having dampening material behind a rear ported speaker? ... a foot away, in the corner.  I seem to be hearing more bottom.

wasn't by design. Circumstance.

• Like 4

that sounds like my wife's approach to Italian...   lol

she's good for curries. Her aunt raised her. I don't think AuntRuby was a very good cook.

one day I was making sauce

took a taste and near tossed my cookies

tasted like tomato "soup"... I hate that stuff.   worse that catsup/ketchup   I will use catsup once in a while... Eat tomato soup... not unless under severe duress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

A long time ago my wife was sick so her sister volunteered to cook spaghetti, she used ketchup as the sauce, the first taste was rather shocking, nobody could eat it.

Bet i could’ve.  i’ve been known to eat ketchup straight up.  The wonder of ketchup is that food is optional. there should be a separate thread about ketchup.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that sounds like my wife's approach to Italian...   lol

she's good for curries. Her aunt raised her. I don't think AuntRuby was a very good cook.

one day I was making sauce

took a taste and near tossed my cookies

tasted like tomato "soup"... I hate that stuff.   worse that catsup/ketchup   I will use catsup once in a while... Eat tomato soup... not unless under severe duress.

Man are we miles apart.  I love tomato soup and ketchup on everything ... well, not quite everything.  All meat, potatoes, pasta, macaroni salad,  Funny story, my cousins were visiting while my brother was in the hospital. We went out to eat and the server brings the ketchup to the table and places it in front of me.  My cousin looks at her and says, “You’re going to need more than that."

I may be on the wall of fame at Johnny Rocket’s in Long Beach ... i once used an entire bottle on my fries. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Bet i could’ve.  i’ve been known to eat ketchup straight up.  The wonder of ketchup is that food is optional. there should be a separate thread about ketchup.

=== so this begs the question - which do you hold dearest to your heart - ketchup or Del 🌮?

13 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== so this begs the question - which do you hold dearest to your heart - ketchup or Del 🌮?

well, ketchup goes with all the del tacos offerings ... but if given an either/or ... i’ll take del taco; but, i won’t enjoy it as much.

Hot here and not much accomplished.  Did add to my arsenal with the purchase of a Ruger Wrangler .22 pistol for plinking.  Aluminum frame/steel cylinder, frame cerakoted.  Trouble is there is no where outdoors to shoot without driving awhile.  It was a 3 martini internet induced purchase😑

Cookout tonight across the street on the Intracoastal Water Way.  Large crowd expected......just burgers and dogs and side dishes. Drinks of course!  A cookout to thank the folks that volunteer to keep Masonboro Island (a barrier island) clean. 

Life in the slow lane........

• Like 2