Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, babadono said:

But the new head is an Echo just like yours.

Love it.

The only thing that I don't like about it is that the head on the Echo spins opposite of every other string trimmer that I've ever used.  Looking down from the top most spin clock wise, mine goes counter clock wise.  Took some getting used to but it's fast to start and has been flawless since I've had it.

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No, worst post in the history of the internet.

Yes, I'm joking.

Thank you, in this age of complete and utter nonsense in most of the social and political world, I aspire to be the worst possible poster on the internet that I can possibly be.

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

Thank you, in this age of complete and utter nonsense in most of the social and political world, I aspire to be the worst possible poster on the internet that I can possibly be.

You're doing a great job at it, but I would contend that there are at least 2 maybe 3 worse than you (on this forum alone)! Keep trying!

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

No, worst post in the history of the internet.

Yes, I'm joking.

Hey Eric I don't know why Carl still picks on you.  I have tried everything to get him to stop.  I've sent him money, whisky, and an old pair of my flip flops.......

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I have tried everything to get him to stop.  I've sent him money, whisky, and an old pair of my flip flops.......

You know I'm holding out for the toaster.

I've been beating Otto every day with the flip flops.  He now has your scent and can't wait to meet you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I don't mind being called Shirley as long as we take turns (you go first)!

Yea I don't get it, can you draw a picture

52 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Eric I don't know why Carl still picks on you

cuz it's easy?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The only thing that I don't like about it is that the head on the Echo spins opposite of every other string trimmer that I've ever used.  Looking down from the top most spin clock wise, mine goes counter clock wise.  Took some getting used to but it's fast to start and has been flawless since I've had it.

Most commercial string trimmers spin counter clockwise...keeps the mess off the sidewalk and out of shrub/flower beds.

Nothing I hate worse than one of those cheesy curved shaft string trimmers that spins clockwise.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Just cut off 10 or 12 ft of string and pull one end half way through the head.

Those are good heads, but the only thing I don't like about them is if the line is brittle or the weather is cold, one side (or both sides) of the line will break off right at the exit holes on the head. Then it takes a screw driver to pry the head apart to fix the line. The spool types are better in this regard, because if the line breaks off you can just pop the spool off and rewind it.

You can't wind the spool types too tight...then line melts together and makes a real chore trying to feed line out. Too loose, and the line will come out and tangle and wad up in the head.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Most commercial string trimmers spin counter clockwise...keeps the mess off the sidewalk

And on you.  I don't think I've used a string trimmer that didn't make a mess everywhere.

16 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Then it takes a screw driver to pry the head apart to fix the line

Mine just has 2 tabs that when pressed allow the end to come off.  Never had a need for any tools.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mine just has 2 tabs that when pressed allow the end to come off.  Never had a need for any tools.

Yea that's mine too but I reckon it depends how beat up and crusty it gets. When you're trying to keep acreage cleaned up &*it happens.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

And on you.  I don't think I've used a string trimmer that didn't make a mess everywhere.

Darn Carl....thought sure you would have some tools.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:

Good luck with that, I doubt you could even catch up with me.

3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

You're doing a great job at it, but I would contend that there are at least 2 maybe 3 worse than you (on this forum alone)! Keep trying!

Thank You, see babadono, I told you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yea that's mine too but I reckon it depends how beat up and crusty it gets. When you're trying to keep acreage cleaned up &*it happens.

Worn, crusty, full of dirt and mud will make them hard to get apart...unless a guy has good strong thumbs/fingers.

• Like 2