Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We stayed at some friends in Kentucky, who had a large mixed breed dog... it woul eat about anything. The lady of the house heard a hissing sound and followed the noise to the master bedroom. The dog was sitting in the middle of the bed with an aerosol can of shaving cream in his mouth. He had punctured the can and had shaving cream coming out of his mouth and a puzzled look on his face.

He ate a pocket calculater one time, too.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

We stayed at some friends in Kentucky, who had a large mixed breed dog... it woul eat about anything. The lady of the house heard a hissing sound and followed the noise to the master bedroom. The dog was sitting in the middle of the bed with an aerosol can of shaving cream in his mouth. He had punctured the can and had shaving cream coming out of his mouth and a puzzled look on his face.

He ate a pocket calculater one time, too.

We had a mutt once that ate half a bag of charcoal.  He didn't throw up but crapped jet black all over our garage floor.  Another time our Newfoundland puppy chewed into the dog food bag and ate till he couldn't eat any more.  We found him in the kitchen laying on his side with food all around him.  You could have bounced a quarter off of his stomach, it was so tight.  He didn't move from that spot for hours.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

We're waiting for the fireworks to start... sitting on the Walnut St. Bridge in downtown Chattanooga.

20190703_211458.jpg

IMG_20190703_11895.jpg

Bruce that's a great picture of you two!  And what a place to watch the fire works!

• Like 1

my dad liked that rendition.

too hot for coffee? mine is room temp often.   OK... before you guys start. Yes. I do live in AZ. And room temp may be a touch warmer... our windows aren't fogging.

It is 65` atm. Sun is just poking it face up.

derailed myself

coffee

Sancho,

some coffee does not take to getting "cold".  Others retain their flavor.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, Tarheel said:

Jake turned ten yesterday.  Presents included squeak toys and a pigs ear.

Jake, like you, hides his age well.

My girl, Sam, turned 10 a couple months ago. She still looks good but is slowing down. Our morning walk this morning was about a half mile and took 45 minutes!

I am going to get a knee replacement (or two) in the near future, so we both have the same top speed. I make better time without her cuz I don't stop and sniff every darn thing in sight. Plus I stop a pee considerable less than her.

sam.thumb.JPG.f45b1e24cd88ba8243199df3965ccbad.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Jake, like you, hides his age well.

My girl, Sam, turned 10 a couple months ago. She still looks good but is slowing down. Our morning walk this morning was about a half mile and took 45 minutes!

I am going to get a knee replacement (or two) in the near future, so we both have the same top speed. I make better time without her cuz I don't stop and sniff every darn thing in sight. Plus I stop a pee considerable less than her.

sam.thumb.JPG.f45b1e24cd88ba8243199df3965ccbad.JPG

Good looking Lab Mookie.  Sam.....you keep dad up and moving after the knee surgery!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Good looking Lab Mookie.  Sam.....you keep dad up and moving after the knee surgery!

Oh, she's a beauty. Pure bred, used as a breeder then kicked to the curb (that's where we came in).

Could not be any nicer, doesn't bark, a little needy when it comes to petting, sheds like 3 dogs.

I'll keep moving, never been one to sit around.

• Like 1