Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Checking things online since getting home a while back. Y'all remember jim&tammy? They left their puppet studio off of Pecan and Central Aves. here for the low taxes of SC where they built their gigantic pink elephants, purple hippos and other crazy-a#$ stuff in the town where this news came from today. Lots of things blowing up around here lately.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article232283712.html

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WalterHart said:

I start my day with cup of coffee every morning!

only one?

welcome @WalterHart !

We do tend to drink mighty mud all day in this house. Hot, cold and in between.

wife is at "the ranch", still

I'm being gentle on the neighbors. They get a break during the summer. Wife would not care to have me running the stereo at 6:45AM. I've been up since 3:30. Had a half pot of coffee and am "chompin' at the bit".  This when I get my yardwork done.

• Like 4

So only one of y'all got a kick out of all the fireworks exploding the day before Independence Day? Newspaper wouldn't let me copy/paste the video sorry. I was sleeping so hard I didn't hear it, Could hear the Carowinds fireworks from here ten miles north every time long ago.

• Like 3

... and enjoy it

in the aftermath of Hurricane Iniki

no water. no Electricity/ice

Bud and Coors are really REALLY nasty warm.

watch the weather. Rain is headed this way. [Sun is getting under the clouds. A/nother AZ sunset. They are spectacular.... we get Ho Hum about them.] Wind is blowing and it smells wet. Rain? Maybe. Teasers aren't uncommon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Just remember true alcoholics drink

Warm beer !

This one didn't except a couple times as a teen.

Pickled my filter (liver) before 40, now a teetotaler that a shot a few times a month is all I'll allow myself bud! (Sorry Bill W!) & I've been out since May this time.

On another note, I'm back to nursing & cat naps at odd hours.

Got my mother out of the hospital this evening, she was in all but 3 1/2 days since 6/14.

Sucks for her... an operation, then a week later another of the same kind to repair what the first dumb-dumbs did to her.

Will seek counsel on this sh^t, it seems inexcusable to me but not sure of it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

and saw hundreds of choppers and figured that in my condition i should probably go to one of the other kegs, knowing that if i stumbled into one those hogs

those would be the folks I came with. Fun bunch  

wife and everyone made it back from the ranch [where boy works]. They had a good time, I guess. Swam, ate, danced and fireworks. Boy did a dimass move. Stayed overnight at the ranch. Got sick drunk. Told him that was not too smart. There were guests.   At least he dinna barf until after he went to bed.

in his defense

he has been putting a lot of hours in w/o time off.

I face a similar situation when I first got to Kauai. 6wks of "You might get tomorrow off". Took matters into my own hands. Went to the liquor store and was 3 sheets to the wind by 9AM. Don't remember exactly how the phone call went... but, they decided I was off.

we got spots of mud on our windshield.  It was a puny storm. No snap crackle pop. Good thing these only get to popcorn.... If they got any size, they could do some damage.

and I have a cricket in here [the doghouse] that is trying to compete with the stereo.Watched a couple wrestling for a female. They went after each other pretty good. It was a decision win. I won... by  a foot.   I'm OK with them... not indoors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

glad things aren't as bad as they could be in CA with the earthshakes

they say there is a 3% chance of another over 4[?]

If you do the math [based on the #'s given], that is NOT a remote possibility

aftershocks are ~1/min    60/hr    1440/day  

cool AM and hot coffee. we're off to a good start.

got a thunder popper yesterday afternoon. It did cool things. We went from 95` to 75`. Never did make it back to 85`.  Nice!

was looking at the SVS site... They have a speaker/sub matching program....

of course they recommend the biggest/most expensive sub to go with LaScalas...

Do I need 2500W peak for music? Want, yes... need?

would 2 smaller units be better than one big?  Don't have HT capability, so , that isn't a consideration.

• Like 3

Cables - I put away some cables yesterday.  💪

Coffee - My last coffee was a Nespresso, this morning actually.  

Cocktails - My last cocktail was called a 'Captains Bounty' on a cruise I was on at the time.  🍹

• Like 4