Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Sorry, Pete

:redx:

I've done that... sans the splash at the end

Went to the mall yesterday. Did something I haven't done for a while. Brought stuff home.   By the by -- the "mall" is the dump

there was a little casio keyboard sitting outside one of the dumpsters, signifying it was usable [that's how we do it]. Took a quick look/see. Batteries been left in, and corroded.  So, I brought it home. Cleaned the battery box and.... the kid has a keyboard. At 5, she's old enough to have a musical instrument. We even have a power pack that fits.That surprised me... big.

was telling the wife, she may regret the power pack... batteries die...

now I have to remember patience and how awful I sound, banging away

@dtel

good to hear you made it home. Seems you are having some weather... excessive heat type stuff? And now a storm coming?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

we always had instruments. Dad was a musician.

as long as she is enjoying it, doesn't matter whether it sounds good to me.

She can blow a horn. Showed her how using a cardboard tube.

If she shows interest in that... I have a horn. A fancy, engraved Conn commemorative trumpet. I have woodwinds and reeds, too.

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 7/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, WillyBob said:

we still do. a great party is a lot more sedate now.

They can still be wild and crazy, not sure the best word is sedate but I know what your saying. Maby a touch more responsible, considering inconveniences, like police showing up, fights, and at times how your going to feel the next day.    

But I get it and your right, but i know some of the parties at Rodney's planning for pilgrimage all of that was thrown out the window.

Once about 4am Rodney said to Kevin and I, watch this, he then dialed 911 and told them he had some coonasses at his place and they won't turn down the music.Kevin looked at me and said what the hell, I said i thought that was the last thing we wanted. We decided well we will just keep going until the police came, what else could we do? About 25 min later they called back and he had it on speaker phone so we could hear, the person, knowing Rodney says "Rodney do I really need to get up out of bed and get dressed to come out there ?", Rodney told them no he will get it taken care of and they hung up, the party went on and Kevin and I just laughed, being relieved. Rodney thought it was hilarious, this is the benefit of being in the country and knowing the sheriff. 

My wife has all of this on video in her phone, we had to walk around the side of the building to hear the phone we had it cranked up. It was not really funny at first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

l

good to hear you made it home. Seems you are having some weather... excessive heat type stuff? And now a storm coming?

Thank you, and yes a little hotter than normal here at 98, I can't remember the last time it hit 100, but our humidity is usually high, right not at 46% is low for us. 

The thing in the Gulf is so close to land were not worried about it turning into anything to worry about, hopefully just alot of rain and clouds which we could use. Last week in Hope we got a few pretty good thunderstorms with heavy rain but overall it was fine.

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome home Elden....it's always good to be back home.

Thank you

Yes it is, back to work (at home) radio playing and everything's good.

I like to travel but love to come home, bad part is in less than 2 weeks we have to go to South Fla for a week, come back home for a couple days then go back to Hope for almost a week.

I will be homesick by then. Probably why I am enjoying being home so much right now.

• Like 4

I'm pretty content hanging out down here.  Don't see me traveling for a while... when's the next Pilgrimage?

been listening to the good stereo... this music box I am running in the doghouse has to go.

wife and I have been talking some expansion/s.  I think I might have a 16 X 20 room for the den.    waf is still in play

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We're leaving for Florida in a week.

Not sure the date, but it's less that 2 weeks from now. 

Palm Beach again but a stop in Orlando, going there to break up the drive.

Going down there to paint 4 surround speakers (362's I think) and hang them and get it all going. I know it's crazy but it's what he wants and he puts us in a very nice place on Singer Island and right on the beach and about 30 minutes from his house.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I lived in Daytona and New Smyrna Beach for 6 years and loved it there.   I always enjoy going back.  Lots of great memories created there over the years.

Your lucky to not have a bad memory, New Smyrna beach is easily the shark bite capitol of the world.