Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

wife and I have been talking some expansion/s.  I think I might have a 16 X 20 room for the den.    waf is still in play

That would be very nice.

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I lived in Daytona and New Smyrna Beach for 6 years and loved it there.   I always enjoy going back.  Lots of great memories created there over the years.

26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea that motto wouldn’t look good on a sign entering the town.

From `92 until `03 I was there in Central FL. There were "Sharkbite Capital of the World" signs on the main road going in north of the strand. The road they built the Gilleys on. Kind of like the Coppertone ads with the kid on the beach, except gal in the water with a fin above the waterline nearby! Signs posted on the beach, but people got bit every now and then, not nasty tiger sharks but mostly small ones. Bad thing was once a doctor on the beach had a hole blasted in him by lightning when clouds were far away. Terrible, his family was with him and he lived for a few minutes because it was cauterized.

• Sad 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Signs posted on the beach, but people got bit every now and then, not nasty tiger sharks but mostly small ones. Bad thing was once a doctor on the beach had a hole blasted in him by lightning when clouds were far away.

Hard to beleave but I would rather a shark bite if I had to pick, better chance of living.  

• Like 3

mornin' folks

feels like summer is here

didn't cool off much last night. Mid 60's and a little overcast. Rain, spotty little T-storms, on the  forecast.... for the next week. About time.

looking forward to hearing the toads. After 50 years of living here, it still amazes me that amphibians can survive this climate. They're dormant for 9 months of the year. Dug into the ground. "Digging in" is a good trick in itself. Whip out a shovel and see how far/fast you get....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

"Digging in" is a good trick in itself. Whip out a shovel and see how far/fast you get....

Out here in the west anyone thinking of digging needs a jackhammer at a minmum, a backhoe attachment on a tractor or a backhoe itself would be better.

Oh and some coffee a'course.:emotion-44:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, babadono said:

Out here in the west anyone thinking of digging needs a jackhammer at a minmum, a backhoe attachment on a tractor or a backhoe itself would be better.

Oh and some coffee a'course.:emotion-44:

=== Coffee, Cables, Cocktails & Caterpillars’ —

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

=== oh, I’m sorry. 

Coffee, Cables, Cocktails, Caterpillars’, C4 —

• Haha 3

• Moderators

All these pesky regulations, you can't buy it from the feed stores anymore. If you could it would sure put a dent in local fireworks sales for the 4th and new years eve, it's a conspiracy by the fireworks people I tell ya. :lol:

There forcing the locals to go all DIY.

• Haha 3