Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

All these pesky regulations, you can't buy it from the feed stores anymore. If you could it would sure put a dent in local fireworks sales for the 4th and new years eve, it's a conspiracy by the fireworks people I tell ya. :lol:

There forcing the locals to go all DIY.

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

Sure, it aids to the Darwin theory, it starts with a few fingers and sooner or later you can't even light them anymore with no fingers. And with real explosives it just speeds up the whole process.

Just like driving 100 mph or drugs and many other things you accept the risk or be smart enough to not do it, but that line in between is tricky and don't forget the hold my beer and watch this group. 

Have to say at different times I  have fallen into a few of those groups. :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

You may laugh but yes dy-no-mite was used when I built my house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Yeah, it would be the true expression of the 2nd amendment.  In other words, I can imagine a lot...

15 hours ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

don't tempt me. It has been threatened... as a cost saving measure.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Storm is headed NW at 5 mph, Carl, better  keep an eye open. If it were to go a little more West it would slide right across Louisiana into Texas. It's nothing now but with a few more days in the Gulf it might become something.

Probably won't happen but who knows

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dtel said:

forcing the locals to go all DIY.

as kids

we did it for fun.  Black powder ain't no trick

We had to make our own fun. All of "town" was about 2 square blocks.

when we rode the bus, from Tucson, you had to tell them to drop you at KinsleyRanch.... Amado would land you 2 miles down the road in ...in AMADO. go figure.   It can be confusing. The Amado PostOffice is in ArivacaJct/Kinsley... in another county.  My car was registered out of county - at the govt's insistence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

folks would be smart/er       in time

The weeding out" process may be rough.

I found a tin in one of the sheds   Blasting caps.  Wasn't empty, but not what it was labeled. We bought this place with contents... No telling what will will find

• Like 1

boy howdy... it is warm

105`. Still waiting for rain. The humidity is "up".   20%r/h...  at least, if we get precip, it will be in liquid form. Dew point is up to 45`.

A/C is set to 90` [in the doghouse] and it hasn't shut down. Sitting in front of it... getting cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

boy howdy... it is warm

105`. Still waiting for rain. The humidity is "up".   20%r/h...  at least, if we get precip, it will be in liquid form. Dew point is up to 45`.

A/C is set to 90` [in the doghouse] and it hasn't shut down. Sitting in front of it... getting cold.

Dew point in St. Louis on Wednesday was 82°. Temperature was ninety-something.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

boy howdy... it is warm

i'd be sitting there leaking holding a roll of paper towels to wipe my face with @ 90 degrees even w/no humidity!

• Sad 1

90 at this r/h isn't bad... relative to being in the sun

took a couple showers, just to get wet/cool. Sun's down.. hasn't cooled off. Some cloud cover.

trying to figure out what to feed the wife. She had 2 root canals done in one sitting. One/two does it matter...? she's eating soft food for a week. Gotta say, the dentists in Mexico work cheap. I think she said $1500 for both... not each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hot and humid here in SE NC,  good time for LF's AC to freeze up.  A big block of ice.  They will probably try to sell her a new one since it's 11 years old.

Sounds like it's just low on freon.  Have them find and fix the leak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Sounds like it's just low on freon.  Have them find and fix the leak.

We are discussing options now.  She is leaning towards a new unit with higher SEER probably $6000.  I said if we can get it repaired for no more than $1500.....do that.  It was 40 feet from the tree that was struck by lightning and that claim is still open but tech says no connection.  It would be nice to have him write it up as lightning strike then insurance would pay.

• Like 3