Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:
2 hours ago, dtel said:

Hurricane Barry as they called it is a dud. 

But that's OK.

👍  👍

I know were not right in the path being small but total we have had 1" of rain so far, hoping the backside of it has more?

A friend, Kevin who lives in Lafayette is dead center and it is over them now. My wife messaged to see what was going on and his wife said is this it, we were expecting a hurricane this is a sorry excuse for a hurricane. 

But it's better for everybody this way, but forecasters want to make a big deal of it when things are slow it can almost never be what they build it up to be.  Well most of the time anyway, have seen some that might make you change your underwear prematurely to put it nicely, we don't need that. 

• Thanks 2

Seems they overreact and insinuate that we're all stupid sometimes @dtel. It's just good that not a lot bad happened yet!

We get areal ? flash flood warnings all the time here over the phones or the boob-tube. and we are 650 something above sea level, everywhere is downhill from our few blocks and the ONLY way we will EVER flood is if that Isle of LePalma or something in the Canary Islands has that volcano split and fall into the sea and make that mile high tsunami I saw on a public tv station special once. Everything east of the Appalachian would be flooded then:rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

Brisket in the smoker.  This is the larger one I bought on sale.  The smaller one turned out great, so much so that I might keep looking for smaller ones in the future.  Todays is a 10 1/4 pounder.  Both passed the flexibility test or they would not have been purchased.

• Like 2