Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

the crazy old man in the sarong may be packin'.

I hope you have an old style holster like the cowboys, if not......is that your gun or are you just happy to see me?  :lol:

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

seems as though the news is trying to make a big deal of it.

happy to hear they are just over covering the story

Just covering the news but like normal when thing are a little slow they add a little extra drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I live in AZ...

Baring arms is not a right... it is your duty.

So does everyone in AZ wear short sleeves?

We don't care if you bare your arms but if you start flashing what's behind the sarong we don't want to see it.

• Haha 5

my BIL told me, "Having spiders in your house is a sign of a healthy house"

this place must be on steroids.

had a hatch of daddy long legs. tiny things running all over the place.... and mini cobwebs. We have a resident tarantula, too. A one inch diameter hole in the yard with webs.  A sign of occupancy.

Oh, after the rain, the toads came up. Sounded like a swamp.  talk about hurry up and wait.   Their tadpoles go off in a week... and hope the mud puddle lasts that long.  Then they have to eat enough in the next 2-3 months to last them until next year.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

yeah... we get them, too as far as critters go, they aren't too bad. If ya know their habits. They can show at inopportune times... like your situation. We ran into a bunch under a highway bridge we intended to sleep under

... ah, hitchhiking daze....

scorpions and centipedes are different. Way more mobile hunters. no love for them. Snakes get more courtesies. Leave a rattler alone, it will go on its way. I have to admit to killing a shoestring rattler in the yard. They're nervous and bite anything with a full load of venom. That was a few years back. Best way to avoid snakes is keeping the rodent population down. Cats fill that title.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

while in the shower the water washed a black widow out of my hair. I screamed and my roommate came running thinking i was hurt or something ... then he said i was acting like a girl.

We have plenty of those here, but they are small, I still avoid them.

Scream like a girl, never did that yet but I'm right there with you, well kind of I will be ahead of you running if it is big and hairy spider.

Nothing bothers me but spiders and it's the big ones I have a problem with. When cutting grass I get the tiny ones but with long legs on me from trees, I get them off quickly but they don't bother me much. Had a strange on on me a while back, much smaller than a fly and florescent green, I could feel it on my arm and it felt like an ant walking it was so small.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

my first job was setting up and tearing down mobile homes.  i lived in the high desert at the time.  black widows galore. nothing like crawling under a mobile home that has been sitting in the desert for years.  sat around drinking beer after work one time, drove half-hour to get home, while in the shower the water washed a black widow out of my hair. I screamed and my roommate came running thinking i was hurt or something ... then he said i was acting like a girl.

My dad while young sat upon a privy and got bit by the Widow...

Doc said if made it by morning... alright

• Like 4

Good Hot Thursday Morning!   Looks like most of us in the USA will have the similar heat and humidity over the next few days, so I'm going to start coffee and cocktails a little earlier than I normally would.  Setting a mod tomorrow, and I believe we're going to get the crane set up today so we can start about 5:00 AM Friday and try to wrap it up early.  Stay cool!

• Like 5

cut the humidity in half..that's our monsoon

this is going to sound silly, but our heat index is generally lower than most of the country at this time of year.

Was telling boy that this is siesta season.  It doesn't interrupt the wrk day. Folks start at 5AM... 1 or 2PM, you're done for the day

Mexican beans today.

Been waffling on pulling the trigger on a sub/s. Not having a sub out on my amp threw a wrench in the works. I guess I'm looking for 2 subs, one per channel? And a dongle/adapter to step down the output from #2 speakers out?

my junk sub has provision for running it "in line" with the speakers. SVS doesn't.... But you can adjust it with an i-phone... which I don't have, not even a mobile flip-phone

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Woke up to an ocean view as we're on vacation.  Just got from an hour long beach walk.  Had martinis on the patio last night.  Cheers all.

I believe you’re in Florida? What coast? I always went to the gulf side (my Dad had a house there) but the last two times has been to the “Space Coast”... I believe I like it better.

• Like 4