Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Another hectic morning, it's 1pm and I've got a shot at getting myself a shower if I leave the pc alone.

Good coffee made this jerk🚩 a happy camper through all of it.

Ten days of coffee you don't like isn't advisable!

=== which begs the question - what is worse -

- ten days of bad coffee ? 🤮

- ten days without coffee ? 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bad @richieb bad!

The pot I made at 6:15 is long gone now and I'd hate to think about that:wacko:

There's always tea in the fridge but the caffeine is different and I make it 1/3 decaf for a long time now because I don't want to give up the coffee!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Bad @richieb bad!

The pot I made at 6:15 is long gone now and I'd hate to think about that:wacko:

There's always tea in the fridge but the caffeine is different and I make it 1/3 decaf for a long time now because I don't want to give up the coffee!

John do I need to send some coffee...?

I will do it gladly brother !

No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature"

Lonely feeling deep inside
Find a corner where I can hide
Silent footsteps crowding me
Sudden darkness but I can see

No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me

Dat'n-doo-dow dow-dat'n-doo-dow
Dat'n-doo-dow dow-dow-dow
Dat'n-doo-dow dow

In the silence of her mind
Quiet movements where I can find
Grabbing for me with her eyes
Now I'm falling from her skies

No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me

Dat'n-doo-dow dow

Jocko says "Yes" and I believe him
When we talk about the things I say
She hasn't got the faith or the guts to leave him
When they're standing in each other's way
You're tripping back now to places you've been to
You wonder what you're gonna find
You know you've been wrong but it won't be long
Before you leave 'em all far behind

'Cause it's the new mother nature taking over
It's the new splendid lady come to call
It's the new mother nature taking over
She's gettin' us all
She's gettin' us all

Jocko said "No" when I came back last time
It's looking like I lost a friend
No use callin' 'cause the sky is fallin'
And I'm getting pretty near the end
A smoke-filled room in a corner basement
The situation must be right
A bag of goodies and a bottle of wine
We're gonna get it on right tonight

She's gettin' us all
She's gettin' us all

(Lonely feeling) Jocko says "Yes" and I believe him
(Deep inside) When we talk about the things I say
(Find a corner) She hasn't got the faith or the guts to leave him
(Where I can hide) When they're standing in each other's way
(Silent footsteps) You're tripping back now to places you've been to
(Crowding me) You wonder what you're gonna find
(Sudden darkness) You know you've been wrong and it won't be long
(But I can see) Before you leave 'em all far behind

She's gettin' us all
She's gettin' us all

Dat'n-doo-dow dow

Dat'n-doo-dow dow

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== which begs the question - what is worse -

- ten days of bad coffee ? 🤮

- ten days without coffee ? 😱

Ever try ten days of ice cold marmite coffee with congealed grease on top of it while trying to shave with frozen canteen water?  Quitcherbirchin….comes to mind!😮

• Sad 1

It's all good bro, you don't need to.

The stuff I have now will hold me over for probably a month then I'll survey my choices again. Since it's only me drinking it now 20 oz (the minimum for my pot) does it for me... most days.

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Ever try ten days of ice cold marmite coffee with congealed grease on top of it while trying to shave with frozen canteen water?  Quitcherbirchin….comes to mind!😮

Sounds like life during wartime to me. I just looked up marmite, it was foreign to me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It's all good bro, you don't need to.

The stuff I have now will hold me over for probably a month then I'll survey my choices again. Since it's only me drinking it now 20 oz (the minimum for my pot) does it for me... most days.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Sounds like life during wartime to me. I just looked up marmite, it was foreign to me.

I misspelled it...mermite cans....in Bavaria in the winter it got pretty damned cold!  Even the water buffalos(water trailers) froze solid every night!  Had to put a mo-gas heater under them  to thaw out the water!  We all carried ESBIT folding solid fuel stoves...so, we would just skim the grease off of the top of the coffee served into oiur canteen cups and fire up the esbit to make it hot again..it still had a few grease globules floating in it tho!

esbit-pocket-stove.jpg.b7e52e17985d2302d1b9f9090c959242.jpg1114572379_me4rmitecan.jpg.b0cf0a13a54f6e779d44ce9e03cd814f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I misspelled it...mermite cans....in Bavaria in the winter it got pretty damned cold!  Even the water buffalos(water trailers) froze solid every night!  Had to put a mo-gas heater under them  to thaw out the water!  We all carried ESBIT folding solid fuel stoves...so, we would just skim the grease off of the top of the coffee served into oiur canteen cups and fire up the esbit to make it hot again..it still had a few grease globules floating in it tho!

esbit-pocket-stove.jpg.b7e52e17985d2302d1b9f9090c959242.jpg1114572379_me4rmitecan.jpg.b0cf0a13a54f6e779d44ce9e03cd814f.jpg

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's a big difference with the e in there instead of the a.

Marmite sounds similar to a gross margarine. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

That's a big difference with the e in there instead of the a.

Marmite sounds similar to a gross margarine. 

I haven't brewed a pot of coffee in about 6 years....just run down to the Kum&Go convenience store and get a 20 ounce cup of their house blend each morning...that's all the caffeine I get nowadays, except for an occassional glass of iced tea at a restaurant with a meal.  When I got put on Blood pressure meds in the mid-1990's, I cut out almost all caffeine...actually went thru withdrawal!!  Just one large cup of coffee each day and that's normally it!. 

• Like 1

Just now, HDBRbuilder said:

When I got put on Blood pressure meds in the mid-1990's, I cut out almost all caffeine...actually went thru withdrawal!!

Hate it for you man.

My immunosuppressant that I can not live without gave me hypertension after a decade on it. On Coreg CR (time released) now and it's better than the others I've sampled.. but 5 hrs in it about knocks me off my feet and that's 2pm. Gotta "Keep Pushin' On"! 

Traded my 12 step vices for coffee and I've got to have one consumable vice so that's it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hate it for you man.

My immunosuppressant that I can not live without gave me hypertension after a decade on it. On Coreg CR (time released) now and it's better than the others I've sampled.. but 5 hrs in it about knocks me off my feet and that's 2pm. Gotta "Keep Pushin' On"! 

Traded my 12 step vices for coffee and I've got to have one consumable vice so that's it.

Coffee wasn't my  main source of caffeine ...when I went onto BP meds...Mountain Dew was!!  That's why I actually went thru caffeine withdrawal...at the advice from my doctor!  Nowadays it is coffee once each day...then WATER the rest of the day  (occasionally supplemented with a few beers or sips of whiskey!!).

• Like 5

So many of you have been pacing up and down wondering about my dinner menu for tonight so.  Two martinis while watching the Open and watching lard *** Lowery win.  Then "Peaches and Cream" corn on the cob, cooked with 1.5 pounds of local shrimp, thyme, Old Bay, and lemon chased down with a Modelo Special.  Dessert will be grill peach halves with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans.

Then to bed, Lee Child's Worth Dying For to lull my tired butt to sleep.  Life in the slow lane........

So as Paul Harvey would have said......."now you know the rest of the story".

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

So many of you have been pacing up and down wondering about my dinner menu for tonight so.  Two martinis while watching the Open and watching lard *** Lowery win.  Then "Peaches and Cream" corn on the cob, cooked with 1.5 pounds of local shrimp, thyme, Old Bay, and lemon chased down with a Modelo Special.  Dessert will be grill peach halves with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans.

Then to bed, Lee Child's Worth Dying For to lull my tired butt to sleep.  Life in the slow lane........

So as Paul Harvey would have said......."now you know the rest of the story".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

geez Chuck ... 

What a show off.

=== he’s always that way. You should have seen him struttin’ around at the Only Pilgrimage he’s ever attended. You woulda’ thought he was the King of the Renaissance Festival or something. Yeah, he wore a Crown —🤴👑. Even The Chief noticed - “Who’s That”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== he’s always that way. You should have seen him struttin’ around at the Only Pilgrimage he’s ever attended. You woulda’ thought he was the King of the Renaissance Festival or something. Yeah, he wore a Crown —🤴👑. Even The Chief noticed - “Who’s That”?

Have you ever wondered who would play yourself in a movie? If there was a movie about Chuck, Cary Grant would play him 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2