Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Jerry O’Connell is cast as me.  He starred in Sliders and well, i’ve been to parallel dimensions.  Plus there is a bit of a resemblance from my younger days. 

Unknown-1.jpeg

I see the resemblance. He was in a very good old movie Stand by Me. He was recently in a Showtime series called Billions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

geez Chuck ... i don’t eat like that on Thanksgiving. I finished my Modelo Especial; but, i do still have three Guiness Blondes and a 12-pack of Molson Canadian, plus a bottle of Weller’s Antique and a bottle of Jose Cuervo left over from when i had a house full when i moved here. 

went to this mexican joint and got an Al Pastor burrito and a big bag of chips and a jug of their salsa. 

I remember the days when i had a family and we’d sit down and eat fancy meals ... miss those days. Now, i eat fast food on Thanksgiving and Christmas -- i don’t enjoy cooking, am not very good at it anyway, and i make a big mess -- i’ve decided that i’m just not worth the work.

But reading a book?  What a show off.

what about the ketchup...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You must be kidding me.  That is the one I was going to ask if you were reading...lol

Great minds........

Probably 6 or 7 I have read now and hopefully he will write faster than I'm reading so I don't run out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Coffee wasn't my  main source of caffeine ...when I went onto BP meds...Mountain Dew was!!

Amen

once in a great while, we would run out at the store.  Those folks would climb the walls until delivery.

Monsoon is on. We had our first guest of the season. 8 legs and one brain. Not a blonde joke.... A tarantula. Good looking fellow.  Wife didn't notice it come in. Cats did. Knocking stuff over trying to catch it. I woke to a crash. Came out... wife was cleaning things up.

Sez, "Bozo was chasing a bug"

Then PeeWee fixates on a spot on the rock mantle....

I investigate...  a medium large. Grab an empty can, about 4in dia.... Put the can in front of him and tapped him on the butt. Walked right in. Covered the bottom of the can, with its legs folded. Prolly 6in dia walking...Tarantulas [these anyway] are quite mellow. Put him, the males go walkabout looking for a mate, out and went back to bed.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, richieb said:

=== he’s always that way. You should have seen him struttin’ around at the Only Pilgrimage he’s ever attended. You woulda’ thought he was the King of the Renaissance Festival or something. Yeah, he wore a Crown —🤴👑. Even The Chief noticed - “Who’s That”?

Wait until my robe, sarong and staff....  Spose if in "regular clothes", no one would know me...

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Have you ever wondered who would play yourself in a movie? If there was a movie about Chuck, Cary Grant would play him 😀

Christopher Lloyd.  Jim from Taxi is me, all over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Great minds........

Probably 6 or 7 I have read now and hopefully he will write faster than I'm reading so I don't run out.

I read it quite a while ago.  When you mentioned it I looked at my stack of books already read and it was the first Reacher book I saw.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Wait until my robe, sarong and staff....  Spose if in "regular clothes", no one would know me...

Christopher Lloyd.  Jim from Taxi is me, all over.

=== I prefer not knowing you. “Regular” clothes please —. I’ll try to figure out who you are —

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

that's no fun.

but then

even the Buddhist monks wear civies when out in public...

downtown Arivaca doesn't constitute "out in public".  locals only response, "Hi Bill"..  We have some characters... me not included... I'm too conservative     lol

• Like 2

IMG-20190722-152830.jpg

IMG-20190722-154332.jpg

Some old four way or five way speakers owned by a professor at St. Andrews College in Laurenburg, NC.

It was formerly Flora McDonald where my mother rode out Hurricane Hazel while she was attending.

They were valued at $500.00 on the shipping label and shipped from NYC to NC in 1969. Our `72 Great White Buffalo (Chevy Impala) retailed at $3000 when brand new.

Been boxed up since `81 & they're about two feet tall, 60+ lbs each, got a Pioneer Laser Disc Player with them too!

Wooo Hoo! Anybody want that?

Grilles are glued on I'll see about plugging them into the Marantz if I can ever get into the den today!

http://www.vintage-speaker-review.com/2014/01/fisher-xp-7-speaker-review-and-price.html

Yea the tiger lillies are done for the year, have to cut `em down now 

67.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

IMG-20190722-152830.jpg

IMG-20190722-154332.jpg

Some old four way or five way speakers owned by a professor at St. Andrews College in Laurenburg, NC.

It was formerly Flora McDonald where my mother rode out Hurricane Hazel while she was attending.

They were valued at $500.00 on the shipping label and shipped from NYC to NC in 1969. Our `72 Great White Buffalo (Chevy Impala) retailed at $3000 when brand new.

Been boxed up since `81 & they're about two feet tall, 60+ lbs each, got a Pioneer Laser Disc Player with them too!

Wooo Hoo! Anybody want that?

Grilles are glued on I'll see about plugging them into the Marantz if I can ever get into the den today!

http://www.vintage-speaker-review.com/2014/01/fisher-xp-7-speaker-review-and-price.html

Yea the tiger lillies are done for the year, have to cut `em down now 

67.jpg

http://www.vintage-speaker-review.com/2014/01/fisher-xp-7-speaker-review-and-price.html?m=1

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

A working laser disc player?  Actually, yes I am interested, my special needs brother in law might need it now, or at the least a back up.  

Not sure, I don't have any, never did. I'll see about getting it to you if you're interested:

IMG-20190722-184956.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK.

I tried those speakers out. They cleaned up alright with some Murphys Oil Soap.

Halfway through "Long Distance Runaround" four things were certain. 

I'm biased.

The bass is decent, they do dig a little deeper than my Super Heresy.

These lack the clarity and spacial quality of sound that any of the Heritage series do effortlessly.

They are inefficient.

Plugged the Supers back in. Experiment over. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

These lack the clarity and spacial quality of sound that any of the Heritage series do effortlessly.

They are inefficient.

Plugged the Supers back in. Experiment over.  

anyone surprised?

still thinking about an upgrade for the doghouse stereo.

I see there is a pair of RF7, local - $1000  and a pair of Heresy for $550.  Still waffling on a sub for the LS. I'd like some... How much I need is another thing.  A lot of renderings don't have much below 50hz. I won't argue that there is some, I know better. 

I'm working with a small room. 300sq/ft. 25 X 12.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1