Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

saw him open for the Stones back in ’82 ... other opening acts were Prince and J. Geils Band.

That's one heck of a list of bands. I saw George a few times, both times as an opening act. Once with Ted Nugent. He sure gives it his all. He even admitted his whole career was based on four chords. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, babadono said:

2300 pages of peace, love and music. Oops wrong venue.

And not here either

WKTV Logo

STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

VERNON PLANNING BOARD DENIES WOODSTOCK 50 APPEAL 

The Town of Vernon has once again denied a permit to the promoters of Woodstock 50 to hold the concert at Vernon Downs next month.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 9:33 PM
Updated: Jul 17, 2019 2:36 AM
Posted By: WKTV

VERNON - The Town of Vernon has once again denied a permit to the promoters of Woodstock 50 to hold the concert at Vernon Downs next month.

At a meeting Tuesday night, planning board members voted to reject Woodstock 50's appeal of a previous decision. Promoters have been trying for weeks to fill out the necessary paperwork to hold an anniversary concert at the racetrack August 16-18.

vernon-downs.jpg

Woodstock 50 released the following statement in response to the decision.

"Woodstock 50 is disappointed that the Town of Vernon has passed up the opportunity to hold the historic 50th Anniversary Festival by denying our robust and thoughtful proposal. We regret that those in Vernon who supported Woodstock have been deprived of the once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of the rebirth of a cultural peace movement that changed the world in 1969 and is what the world needs now. We want to thank the artists who stood by us. We are grateful for the support of Vernon Downs and its generous owner Jeffrey Gural."

When asked if he would try again to gain a permit, Woodstock founder Michael Lang replied, "I won't try again here".

Several elected officials, including the Oneida County Executive and Sheriff, have voiced their opposition to the concert on the grounds that it would be too difficult to properly plan for in a short amount of time.

County Executive Anthony Picente issued a statement Tuesday night, reacting to the town's decision: 

“I’m pleased with the decision of the Town of Vernon Planning Board to uphold the town codes officer’s decision denying Woodstock 50 a permit. As I’ve said earlier, inadequate planning and a dangerously truncated timeframe made having this event in less than 30 days from today impossible and irresponsible

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That's one heck of a list of bands. I saw George a few times, both times as an opening act. Once with Ted Nugent. He sure gives it his all. He even admitted his whole career was based on four chords. 

I've seen them many times.  A great friend of mine use to room with Billy Blough (bass player for the band) and there are many spotty memories partying with him and the rest of the band after the shows.  They were some wild times, but back then, George was a real *** and rarely hung out with any of the other band members.  They did put on a great show, high energy, good sound and you never went away disappointed.  

• Like 3

he/they do put on a good show

"Artists" can be a little difficult/quirky 

Mornin' all

another day in the hood. Nothin' special happening.

Life resumes normality next week. Wife goes back to work. She is [considering] retiring the end of this school year. Told her she better get to burning those sick and personal days. She has 2 or 3 months of paid leave banked. ...also, cataract surgery in the foreseeable future. Not critical yet, but while she has insurance and paid leave...

dusted the floors and cleaned the coffee machine.

told the wife I want an area rug for the living room. Not telling her it is for room treatment. The 2 recliners made a difference [from sitting on the floor]. The wood on the walls isn't as "reflective" as sheetrock, but we have a bare floor.

• Like 4

• Moderators

OK, I am just going to have to go back to the Ron White thing "You can't fix stupid " idea, again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/van-140m-meth-smashes-police-car-050212352.html

Van with $140m of meth smashes into police car

Australian authorities have uncovered a US$140 million stash of amphetamines after an alleged criminal's run-in with the law saw his drug-filled van crash into an officer's car outside a police station.

Security camera footage released on Tuesday showed a white van ploughing into the front of a vehicle parked outside a suburban Sydney police station before speeding off down the street.

Police said the alleged 26-year-old driver was pulled over about an hour later, less than a 10-minute drive away from the accident scene.

The van was said to be packed with moving boxes containing 237 kilograms (523 pounds) of methylamphetamine, an illegal drug commonly known as "ice', with a total estimated street value of AUS$200 million.

Australia has a growing problem with meth, with a government report released last year showing the country has proportionally more users than most nations.

The van driver has been charged with large commercial drug supply, negligent driving, and not giving particulars to police.

He was due to appear in a Sydney court later on Tuesday. No one was injured in the incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2