Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

like the part about it happening in front of a police station.  

somehow we have been blessed with two bottle baby kittens. They will keep the wife busy. Guess their momma got hit by a car or ...  Folks think we know something... and they find their way here.  We do have a home for them, should we not get too attached. Their eyes are open. Maybe 3 weeks old. Not near ready to wean. These require some extra attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't think speed back in the day is the same as what they call meth today.

There were different stimulants called speed back then.Benzadrine, Dexadrine, with this short names. ..  Crystal Methadrine, called Black Beauties was much more clinical,read pure in its lab production setting, as well as the other. Generally preferred over the other, but that is not sacred. Typically used as a treatment by clinicians/doctors for their patients, these stimulants were readily abused by others for various reasons...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

There were different stimulants called speed back then.Benzadrine, Dexadrine, with this short names. ..  Crystal Methadrine, called Black Beauties was much more clinical,read pure in its lab production setting, as well as the other. Generally preferred over the other, but that is not sacred. Typically used as a treatment by clinicians/doctors for their patients, these stimulants were readily abused by others for various reasons...

Black Beauties ah h*ll

RH-18845 in the very early 80s. I had zero fat at all then but I'd bet my percentage went down. Rings under my eyes went up but my teeth did not rot like the breaking bad dumb dumbs!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Black Beauties ah h*ll

RH-18845 in the very early 80s. I had zero fat at all then but I'd bet my percentage went down. Rings under my eyes went up but my teeth did not rot like the breaking bad dumb dumbs!

Dang...I am Not advocating use by the way.. caffeine from coffee is plenty. Or the various flavors of Monster energy drinks...in discreet moderation...

• Like 3

I get those looks and have never had an affinity for the stuff.

coffee is as strong as I go. Not saying you can't get the shakes from it...

those energy drinks are nasty... unless they have gotten better since I tried one. Left an aftertaste... wishin' I had some whiskey to wash my mouth with. The taste kept me awake... it was bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang...I am Not advocating use by the way.. caffeine from coffee is plenty. Or the various flavors of Monster energy drinks...in discreet moderation...

I wont advocate using it either, although I did in that other life forty years ago.

The c@*p made such a bad impression on me.... unlike reefer... that I remembered those numbers and never forgot.

Coffee is my addiction now and i don't need a cure either!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

guarana and some other stuff. Natural stimulants.... and a cupful of sugar to make it half palatable

I could go for a Jolt cola... Twice the caffeine and real sugar...

I like the Mexican soda/s.  No HFCS.

natural does not imply "good for you"... Natural will kill you just as fast.... botox is natural....doses are nanograms. and you might experience side affects... Creeping paralysis, difficulty breathing, death...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I wont advocate using it either, although I did in that other life forty years ago.

The c@*p made such a bad impression on me.... unlike reefer... that I remembered those numbers and never forgot.

Coffee is my addiction now and i don't need a cure either!!

Don't get me wrong either. No position to criticize from my point of view...

Was drinking 5 cups a day... certainly was not depressed or too shy. Bit of a chattbox at times...LOL... coffee works, if so desired. Have a cup daily, may help or make you not sleepy. Generally yes, lol... thanks

• Like 2

My buddies son needed a ride to work every morning for 3 days one week while he was out of town so I volunteered.  EVERY morning @ zero dark thirty we HAD to stop so he could get his Red Bull.  I got coffee and he got a can of that slop.  Yup, one small sip was ALL it took.  He laffed at me and he still drinks it every day.  Then ya got those ppl who have to hit it w/some Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps.  Seriously?  Bad enough going down I can't imagine how wonderful it would be coming back up!  Umm,  NO! 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes BSM, totally agree with you... there is no reason to use drugs which may not be beneficial or legal.

Legality? With the history of the FDA and the way it is now 100% corrupted by MONEY I don't give a rat's *** about legality! We were LIED TO in the 1930's about a beneficial plant for both industrial and medicinal applications, cannabis/hemp or whatever you wish to call it! A plant which has been being widely used by humans for thousands of years with NO INCIDENTS of harm! And NOW it's supposed to be dangerous? ROFL!! No one who ever used cannabis thinks it's harmful! Whatever except foolishness made U.S. Illegalize cannabis in the first place just because an alcoholic sexist racist Harry J. Anslinger and his evil compadres William T. Hearst who has just purchased stands of TREES in California for his magazine/newspaper empire and didn't want the competition from hemp for paper, plus Du Pont Chemical just came out with their wonder fiber Nylon and didn't want the competition from hemp rope!

When you KNOW the history... 😞

John Kuthe...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of my friends drinks about 2-3 Red Bulls every day. I tried one years ago and it sucked, nasty flavor. It reminded me of a super charged Mt Dew. I only drank half of the can, it didn't do anything for me. I consume no caffeine, only what might be in the food I eat. I don't drink coffee or sodas. I tried to drink coffee a few times just don't care for the bitter taste, I'm sure some of the better stuff would make a difference. Back to my water.

• Like 2

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

One of my friends drinks about 2-3 Red Bulls every day.

That can't be good for you, I have had one energy drink in my life. I had to drive, so I sipped on it for hours, it did work and kept me awake, it was my last. Coffee, no comment. :blush:

I take one blood pressure pill a day and that's it. A couple aspirin for a headache a couple few times a year and drink very little anymore. Almost forgot the occasional Glaucoma prevention medicine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

That can't be good for you, I have had one energy drink in my life. I had to drive, so I sipped on it for hours, it did work and kept me awake, it was my last. Coffee, no comment. :blush:

I take one blood pressure pill a day and that's it. A couple aspirin for a headache a couple few times a year and drink very little anymore. Almost forgot the occasional Glaucoma prevention medicine.

Yep! Glaucoma is no funny business! And CANNABIS is an excellent glaucoma Prevention Medicine! And a good treatment for many other human ailments! Did you know that THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol induces HUMAN CANCER CELLS to undergo a normal cellular process known as apoptosis or cell suicide? It's TRUE!!

And THIS is why Big Pharma does NOT want cannabis legalized! Because Big Pharma is an EVIL CABAL OF EVIL MAMMON WORSHIP!!!!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, CS, EE and I know a LOT about cannabis!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1