Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I hear you Texas boys are real proud of the size of your roaches and with a proper saddle can use them as transportation?  True?

Pretty much.   They fly too.  The first time I saw a roach fly I freaked out.  WHAT? ?  They can fly??!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, billybob said:

7Yes watch out for the tail Gators...

If going south Joe's Crab Shack... enjoy...

Your right, tail gators are much more dangerous than alligators.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Been out this morning with a swing blade and a gallon of weed killer.  Also been doing some reading on roaches as they seem to be plentiful this year. 

Playin' golf my way?

Diatomacious earth works on roaches. Does not feature instant knock down... don't expect to see them on their backs, kickin'. It is non-toxic/animal safe.  Not so good to breath and is no fun in your eyes.  It works in a "death by a thousand cuts" as is perforates the exoskeleton of the critter.... Think micro glass shards.

Texan might be proud of their roaches.... Florida, no.  Same critter but they are called "Palmetto Bugs"... We call 'em sewer roaches here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any tips on how to eliminate them or at least slow them down?

Bayer makes a good insecticide. When I pulled the sheet rock down in my garage I sprayed the walls.  An hour later when it dried I'd go back and sweep up all the dead roaches.  They'd make it a couple feet out on the floor and go belly up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Texan might be proud of their roaches.... Florida, no.  Same critter but they are called "Palmetto Bugs"... We call 'em sewer roaches here.

Those Palmetto Bugs are something else.  Years ago, the gf and I rode from Toronto to Tampa and back on my bike.  At the motel, I was walking toward the office to book a second night, when I saw a Palmetto bug on the sidewalk.  It spotted me from 20 feet away, and rushed toward the linen room door.  This critter was so tall that it struck its head on the bottom of the door and stopped.  Then, it ducked down carefully and scuttled out of sight.  I really hoped it didn’t have a nest among the sheets or pillowcases.

Didn't see any six-legged critters in our room during our stay, so I guess we got lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mike stehr said:

tumblr_ncfqpjw11T1s01qkyo1_500.gif

I bought Reefer Madness on DVD a few years ago.  Included was the original B&W version, plus a colourized version.  That was even funnier.  The men’s sport coats were pastel coloured, which gave them a bit of a pimp look, but funnier still was the smoke.  The exhaled pot smoke was pastel pink, lavender, or green.  I wish the original makers could have seen that version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Pretty much.   They fly too.  The first time I saw a roach fly I freaked out.  WHAT? ?  They can fly??!!!

I heard this but cannot confirm it but there is a story out there that Carl enlisted two Texas sized roaches to help him move the RF-7s into the man cave?  Carl?

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I heard this but cannot confirm it but there is a story out there that Carl enlisted two Texas sized roaches to help him move the RF-7s into the man cave?  Carl?

Thats absolutely not true.  They moved the 396s.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Mornin' All

Fed the babies and am working on this Mexican coffee. It may not be fancy... sure is good.

Normality of wife doing the workaday thing next week, I think. I know she has to go in and get stuff ready for the kids to show. After 20yrs+, the job is wearing on her.  It's not the kids....

we got a spot of rain yesterday. That was all. Funny thing about "the monsoon", it is like a fairly nice day in the rest of the country.

• Like 2

That reminds me of a story . . . but what doesn’t?

When I was a single young law school graduate preparing to take the bar exam, my brother-in-law gave me a 73 Bonneville sedan that had kissed a tree.  It still ran, but the passenger front door wouldn’t open.  As you can imagine, it was quite the chick magnet.

I saw an ad in The Detroit Free Press for a Ford Fiesta (poor man’s VW Rabbit) that seemed too good to be true.  I was in Grand Haven @BigStewMan on the west side of the state and the Fiesta was on the east side of the state.  I called my father—a mechanical engineer—to ask him to check out the car.  He called back all excited, saying it looks and drives great.  So, I bought the car sight unseen.  The dealership gave me $50 for the Pontiac—also sight unseen.

As soon as I saw the Fiesta I had concerns.  Stevie Wonder would have noticed a repainted front end.  A shiny new Panhard rod with the paper tag still on it signaled a problem.  The Chevy store had done nothing to the car since taking it in trade, hence the low selling price.

As I took my parents out to dinner in my new to me used Fiesta—it was anything but a party—I asked my father if, during the test drive, he’d noticed the Pink Floyd button in the headliner, the burn holes in the seats, or the roaches in the astray.  My mother cringed at the mention of roaches, whereupon I explained to her these were not those kind of roaches.

The car actually gave me several years of reliable transportation.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

The car actually gave me several years of reliable transportation.

How was the reaction when you pulled into the Courthouse parking lot not to mention your law office?  I'm just having a lil snicker visual here.  lolol

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I noticed no mention of whey he did with the roaches from the ashtray!

Carl is using them for slave labor.....no reason why you gents can't do the same.  5 of those Texas roaches should be able to move Cornwalls for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3