Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

What we are down here for, going to start painting some speakers in the am. And some brackets to hang them, surround speakers, the model under the 396 which is the same size, 362 I think it is.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

What we are down here for, going to start painting some speakers in the am. And some brackets to hang them, surround speakers, the model under the 396 which is the same size, 362 I think it is.

Dang, I could have saved you the boring trip ...😎

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

Like the Pinko Floyd song, Wish you were here.

Palm Beach, Singer Island

18 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

You've got this!  

I've heard of Pinko-commies......  but never Pinko Floyd.

'fraid he doesn't have this quite yet.

:wacko2:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Kinda like a one-armed paper hanger?  Remember use chain, lotsa chain and impress the masses w/your work!  You've got this!  😂

I will do what I can, it will be good enough, he bought some expensive brackets to hang them, now to just find something solid to bolt it to is my only concern, it will be fine one way or another. :lol:

Going down to to the pool to swim an inspect bikinis.

Been sitting in the room having some adult beverages, Michael Griffin and his girlfriend is here with us, he came to help, this way we can look like we know what we’re doing. :biggrin:They were halfway here already at a VFW convention he is the Arkansas State Commander. The convention ended just in time for them to meet us a couple days ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, I could have saved you the boring trip ...😎

It is a boring trip as far as the driving went, but my wife likes to drive so I slept for half of the trip. :blush2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Just a heads up.  If ya don't know already you can find out just follow the link.  

$315 million divided by 145 million filers . . . . woo hoo!

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement?fbclid=IwAR11AUt-wQzTZgmoqx3D6dV8khJK82b2-XHdDgPURs9zdz4pp73zdEqyeL8

giphy.gif

some penalty.... $3/offense.  They can write that off as the cost of running business.

along that same line

I keep getting junk call offering reduced interest on my credit cards.

I tell them I already have zero interest from the bank.

They have zero interest in giving me a credit card. Poor bugger that steals my ID. It will be like "The Ransom of Red Chief".... Pay me to take it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, WillyBob said:

on approved credit

I was so happy to see my bank's TV add the other night that said "You've got more money than you thought".

Very tiny-1 second "OAC" below.

• Haha 2

BABY SHARK' IS BEING TURNED INTO A CEREAL, DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO 

Article Image

Kellogg's announced it is launching a cereal inspired by the viral "Baby Shark" kids tune in select stores.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 12:24 PM
Posted By: CNN

'Baby Shark' gets turned into a cereal
CNN | 09:42 AM, Mon Jul 29 2019

PauseMute
Duration Time0:54
 Loaded: 0%

0:40
Progress: 0%

Fullscreen

Parents who thought they'd heard the last of toddler anthem "Baby Shark" are out of luck.

"Baby Shark" will soon be swimming in bowls of milk as kids sing along to the popular song's "doo doo doo doo doo doo."

Kellogg's announced Friday that it is releasing a cereal in partnership with Pinkfong, the Korean entertainment brand that created the song behind the catchy kids tune.

The limited edition cereal will include berry-flavored loops and marshmallows, Kellogg's said in a news release.

It will be available in Sam's Club on August 17 while supplies last. Walmart will also carry the cereal in late September, Kellogg said in a statement to CNN.

The song is also being transformed into an animated series for Nickelodeon, a rep for the network told CNN.

The tune quickly soared in popularity after it launched on YouTube in November 2015 and has since garnered more than 3 billion YouTube views.

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to correct the number of times "Baby Shark" has been viewed on YouTube.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, Tarheel said:

Any tips on how to eliminate them or at least slow them down?

Years ago, I bought a house that came with roaches.  I tried one or two insecticides that didn't work, then I got some Chinese insecticide chalk.  It comes in a pack of two sticks that look like normal blackboard chalk, but it's very poisonous.  You just make a line (it doesn't have to be thick or wide), and any creepy-crawly that walks across that line is soon dead.  The only exception was millipedes, which were unaffected by it.  I can only assume that all those feet mean that they step too lightly to absorb the insecticide.  

You can draw a line on the floor across a doorway, around a fridge or cupboard, or whatever that seems to be attracting them.  From personal experience, it works well on roaches and ants.  Ants were going for the cat food in the dish on the ground floor, so I drew a line across their suspected path (I may have drawn one around the dish as well), and when I came back in a couple of hours, there were maybe fifty dead or twitching soon-to-be-dead ants near the bowl.  They never came back.  Luckily, the cat didn't eat any of the ants.

The downside is that all the writing on the box was in Chinese, so if there were any warnings, I couldn't read them.  I did make sure to wash my hands immediately after handling it.  I found the insecticide chalk at the local Chinese-staffed variety/convenience store.  It's not likely that you'd find it at Home Depot or Canadian Tire.  The roaches never came back.

EDIT:  I'm away for a few days and whole new topics are happening!  Anyway, that chalk works.

• Thanks 1