Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i foresee a game of pickle at the next pilgrimage.

I’m afraid to ask what that is, it’s getting stranger and stranger around here.

Going home in the AM, can’t wait, in Orlando right now it will be 9.5 hours from here. It’s been raining all day here, went to the pool bar and had some drinks and ate something kind of in the rain then the pool, to get wetter.

Dried off and it got a little brighter right before the sun set and I took this from the balcony, still raining.

A20FEF99-F901-467F-A298-657C13378E70.jpeg

BA9B0A71-1706-410E-8111-F3B59CBE1521.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, billybob said:

I don't want a pickle, just want ......

Nice @dtel ...had mullet today... enjoy ya'll's trip...

I just want to go home, and I have never had mullet, just used it for bait.

It was a good trip and we got done everything we wanted to do so it is good, now the last drive. The bad part is we will be home for about 3 days and have to leave for Hope, not looking forward to leaving again. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel

Dang is that near the Grand Floridian hotel?

Looks like one of the half a dozen close Downtown Disney then towards I-Drive that I recoated a few of.

I have no idea, Orlando is crazy, we used navigation on the phone, traffic was so bad if you don't know the area your in trouble. People in Florida drive like they are crazy, I have never seen so many people cross 3-4 lanes on the interstate to get of an exit all in one quick move, you can pas a policeman at 80 mph and they don't even look at you.

The first one was 2 days at Marriott's Royal Palms.

Then in Palm Beach for 5 days at the Marriott Ocean Point.

And one night (last night) at Marriott Grande Vista.

We went to spray paint 4 speakers and hang 2 and help him drain his pool, for this he got us rooms at some nice places, we did not pay for these rooms. We would normally go cheaper than that. :lol: But he has something to do with Marriott so we went, really nice places. Yesterday evening it was raining, so we put on bathing suits and went to the bar by the pool and had some drinks, ate and got in the hot tub then pool. We were the only ones there because of weather and the bartender was happy we didn't care about the weather and drug out happy hour longer. The draft Yuengling could not have been colder. 

Really glad to be home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's off of International Drive, towards town from DD nice digs! Killer perks!

It took me a year or so to find out that it wasn't the Floridians that drove like that @dtel it was the people from overseas visiting, renting the Cadillacs and such. Going towards Disney there once I saw one mini-van veer four over in front of a tour bus with Brazilians (when the world cup was there) to get off at IDrive. I was stuck for a while cause the stupids in front of me had to rubberneck and would not move around the debris. They drive the same here in my sanctuary town, seems they have a particularly hard time staying on the right side of the road. It's freakin scary out there. Can't turn off the anti-collide stuff on the `16 Honda it wobbles the wheel every time one of em barrels towards me on my side.

Like those 362s you pictured, they look formidable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

traffic was so bad if you don't know the area your in trouble. People in Florida drive like they are crazy,

you would love Atlanta.80mph in the rain.  Never again.

After much consideration

I think I have decided what I want to do for a sub. Passive tapped horn. I am assuming some things. Matching efficiency/sensitivity is the big deal to coupling it/them to the LS, yes? I expect it will be out of my price range. And may not fit in this room.  It's only 300 sq/ft and long/narrow. 12 X 25ft. I have the speakers on the long wall about 12 feet apart. 

better keep saving. And spend for it before the wife retires. My SSI goes into the "Oh crap!!!" account. When things happen, that account gets tapped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With those nice LaScalas yep you'd better get that kind of a sub built, good choice.

I can get away with my mass produced good one only because I missed out on the folded horn Klipsch a while back... my back appreciates that though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can't disagree. My buddy used to drive from Baltimore to DC every day. I know why he worked from 4AM to ...

I'm quite happy dealing with a cow or two in the road for traffic. I have experienced "gridlock" Arivaca style.... The cows had the main road blocked thru town as they were moving from one area to another. No cowboys prompting/urging them. Open range. If you don't want them on your property, you are allowed to build a fence ... w/o permitting

• Haha 1

Hate, hate, hate the DC I-95 bypass. Was driving my sister-in-law from FL to MA when a crazy blew by us while we were at 75mph. Have you ever seen a Suburban sized large suv do a 360 in front of you? I do not mean wheels on the ground 360, I mean it twisted sideways it's roof was parallel with the roof of a vehicle in the adjacent lane before it finished flipping sideways and crash-landed into the cars two lanes over from where it started.

& we were in her teeny tiny kia syphilis (this was 1998)!

• Sad 2

And the 18 wheelers on the way to Hope weren't much fun either.

Hot/humid here.  Took the Bubble out early...top down of course.  Went and picked up egg plant parmigiana for tonight as LF is still away.  Just chillin rest of the day.  Skipped cock tails last night so got to get back on track.

• Like 7

I'm not on the road much at all any more.  I might drive the Olds around town [Arivaca] once a week. Just to charge the battery. Go to the dump and cruise by the coffee shop/roaster

That cross country run, last year, was a rush. Going from driving a car once in a while to biting off 2000 mile each way. And trying to NOT do it in 30 hrs.Spose I could have slowed myself down by employing a bell hop's assistance with my "luggage" and setting the stereo up in the room.   HaHaHa

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

you would love Atlanta.80mph in the rain.  Never again.

After much consideration

I think I have decided what I want to do for a sub. Passive tapped horn. I am assuming some things. Matching efficiency/sensitivity is the big deal to coupling it/them to the LS, yes? I expect it will be out of my price range. And may not fit in this room.  It's only 300 sq/ft and long/narrow. 12 X 25ft. I have the speakers on the long wall about 12 feet apart. 

Sensitivity isn't really that important.   What is important is having a sub that will keep up in output and that will go cleanly up to the point that it's crossed over to the Lascala.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1