Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 8/6/2019 at 4:22 AM, Ceptorman said:

Is it the camera angle or a tropical dillusion, but it looks like the shelves are out of level, low on the left?

Thanks Bill.  Now we know why Carl listens to music with his head tilted to the left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Yes I hate it that some of you working folks use company time to surf the net.  Carl wouldn't do that!

Glad it was down.  I'm short handed staff by 40% this week and busier than a one armed paper hanger.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Glad it was down.  I'm short handed staff by 40% this week and busier than a one armed paper hanger.

That vaca make ya soft?  I HATED walking back into work after a vaca.  Almost like a vaca going back in.  Ugh!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I figured it was on the money.

Yes sir.  I had an OCD dilemma when I hung the shelves that cover the entire back wall.  There is about a one inch rise in the ceiling over 23 ft.  I couldn't decide whether to run the shelf level or even with the ceiling.  After agonizing too long. I split the difference, LOL.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

That vaca make ya soft?  I HATED walking back into work after a vaca.  Almost like a vaca going back in.  Ugh!

most the time, it's

"I have to go back to work to rest up from the weekend/holiday"

I will take the blame for breaking the site. Sorry, folks

one time, I came back from holiday to the boss telling me how much smoother thing ran w/o me.  Guess he dinna like the mechanic telling him about up and coming disasters.  

He called me to come fix machines about 6 months later. 

The worse part of maintenance mechanic. If you are good, it looks like you aren't doing anything.

back to Kona coffee.Still think a medium/light roast would be better than this medium/dark.  Dark roast coffee reminds me of burnt .  It does "keep", as in, cold - it tastes the same as hot. FWIW

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes sir.  I had an OCD dilemma when I hung the shelves that cover the entire back wall.  There is about a one inch rise in the ceiling over 23 ft.  I couldn't decide whether to run the shelf level or even with the ceiling.  After agonizing too long. I split the difference, LOL.

I do that at work. If something that someone else did is out of level or plumb, I tell the builder I'll do my work level, so when the out of level part rots off, the next guy will have the benefit of working next to my level work!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I do that at work. If something that someone else did is out of level or plumb, I tell the builder I'll do my work level, so when the out of level part rots off, the next guy will have the benefit of working next to my level work!

That's a great idea.  I could have done it either way and no one would have ever noticed or known...………………………………………………...except me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

My opinion..and I know no one asked for it.....shelves should be level. Screw the ceiling. Just cuz some other doofus don't care don't mean nothin'.:)

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, babadono said:

My opinion..and I know no one asked for it.....shelves should be level. Screw the ceiling. Just cuz some other doofus don't care don't mean nothin'.:)

I agree but a half inch over 23 ft isn't going to cause things to roll around.  Anyways, I can live with it.

• Like 3