Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I do it a little different, I don't care to move stuff around or unplug things.

So I just go to the garden bar to hear Heresy's, the bedroom for Cornwall's the yard for mwm/split LaScala tops and the living room for the main 2 ch and ht speakers. I move my butt instead of anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

I do it a little different, I don't care to move stuff around or unplug things.

So I just go to the garden bar to hear Heresy's, the bedroom for Cornwall's the yard for mwm/split LaScala tops and the living room for the main 2 ch and ht speakers. I move my butt instead of anything else.

all those speakers ... did you take over the Colter house of klipsch?   wonder how he’s doing these days -- miss the guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

all those speakers ... did you take over the Colter house of klipsch?   wonder how he’s doing these days -- miss the guy.

Would never attempt to collect as many as him, although he has somewhat let a few go over the years. He is doing good, working doing music around Indy and a week or two in Key West once a year for the singers and song writer festival. He is the same old Michael, pretty much the same, we talk to him or his girlfriend pretty regularly.

With the exception of the big yard speakers they are all ready to go, walk up and turn it on, well except for a pair of RB 75's stored, were not a reference fan for the most part. Don't really say that around here much since many like them, just to be nice you know, and they are better than many brands. Speaking of sucking ,the in ceilings speakers in the wife's sewing room pretty much suck, but they are in the ceiling and take up no room so they can suck there. :emotion-14:

• Haha 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

You better hope Mama doesn't see that @dtel!!

About the in ceilings, she knows, she could care less about what it takes to run it all or why, but if she does not like the sound she has an opinion. She picked out our best speakers which are the biggest,  she heard them and said that's what we want, I thought she was kidding.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have no idea, but I would bet it was like giving away kids, he was attached to them. I did get a rough pair of Heresy's from him many years ago for the shop, there in the tiki bar now painted black and behind a net, and they sound good out there.

Was that where you got a pair of industrial LaScalas? If so I know where they might have come from if it were the same pair. I picked up a pair for him from Pontchuila la, they were from a retired collage music teacher. We held them here for a few months listening to them until he could get them.

• Like 1

anyone get out to see the meteor shower ? Me either.

If/when I do, it is for as long as it takes to have a smoke. I'd rather look at the inside of my eyelids.

last of the Kona... Yay! I know some of you are thinking I'm nuts.... join the club. Looking forward to cracking the bag of Mexican.  It don't need to be fancy to be good.

still scanning cl for upgrade stuff for the doghouse.  I see a pair of CW for $1000.  Would be nice, though the footprint is a wee big. I don't have much space to work with .... before I need to eject some stuff.  Been some nice gear for sale. I don't know that much of it is a deal or not. Kinda looking for a [this is a little incongruous] decent sounding pair of bookshelf speakers.

Dumb Q

How long of a horn does one need for a sub?  Thinking a straight [as opposed to folded] horn. I know... A lot of variables. What frequency range. Size of driver. Efficiency.... Any general "rules of thumb"?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

How long of a horn does one need for a sub? 

No set length.  The longer the horn the lower it will go.  No rules of thumb.  You can learn to use Hornresp and play around with drivers and lengths.  It's like winisd for horn enclosures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

anyone get out to see the meteor shower ? Me either.

Did not go for long, a slight haze with the bright moon made it not very good, maby a couple faint streaks but just to much light.

• Like 1