Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

morning [?] all

about ready to fledge these kittens. I'm exhausted. Be glad and sad to see them go. My legs are shredded from them learning to not climb them. Drawing blood, they are....And the early AM feedings.... I am normally up, but having to be up makes it all different. Getting tired and cranky.

we figure they will be ready to go this time next week. The gal that brought them to us was inquiring about their progress. I presume she wants them. She is on/in the volunteer fire dept, so I hope she has time for them.

good ol' Mexican in the pot today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have just one kitten here...came out of the blue... thankfully appeared mostly weaned. Yes, been fun remembering what a kitten can get into. There is usually at least one in a litter that is a sweetie...can feel the scratches from here @WillyBob... good job herding cats... LoL...🙀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@dirtmudd

My uncle did a bar top like that once, it didn't have records in it but ticket stubs, fishing lures, silver dollars and other stuff. Think that was the first iteration of polyurethane I ever saw, a layer then the stuff then another layer and the things floated over the bartop framed like a table on a ship.

• Like 5

• Moderators
6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

good ol' Mexican in the pot today.

I know your close to the border but that's extreme, just sent them up the road. :huh:

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Getting tired and cranky.

So almost back to normal, good news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

on another forum, I was asked if I was Mexican after I commented, on the topic of "siesta", that only a white man would try to work through the heat of the day

I could only answer, "Just honorary"

actually, siesta is a farce.  Work starts at 4 or 5AM. You have put in a day by the time we think of siesta.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, billybob said:

came out of the blue... thankfully appeared mostly weaned

we weren't looking , either.  I made the mistake of answering the phone. They had to go to the vet a couple time before we got them going. Good thing our vet works cheap. I think we are $50 into them. 

hey

are you afloat? Was talking to a friend in Orlando. Said it's been raining "a little".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

we weren't looking , either.  I made the mistake of answering the phone. They had🙀to go to the vet a couple time before we got them going. Good thing our vet works cheap. I think we are $50 into them. 

hey

are you afloat? Was talking to a friend in Orlando. Said it's been raining "a little".

Thinking 5 more inches since this morning... brother has a boat. Thinking about going out for supplies... maybe not...🙀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

we get 20in in a good year. Y'all get our annual in a couple days.  Up on the north shore of Kauai, there is a place .. Wainiha.... 11inches over night. Fairly regular.  Always amazed me that stuff stayed put on the mountain, for the most part.

• Like 3

Went out and roads blocked here and there...yet open to where going...Heard the cashier rapping with a customer for 5 minutes while I listened...flood stories and gossip about 25 inches more in 2 more days... going to take that with a grain of salt...now 11 inches.  Thinking so

By myself now but we had three females...2 others passed...2 fixed and one in/out half bobbed Siamese...miss them alot at times... this kitten may work out..., on my lap right now...may adopt...

A little more time and will be harder to say no...

• Like 3

isn't that a JimmyBuffet tune?

guess that all I got up early for, was to make fresh coffee.  Kittens ate big last night and aren't hungry at the moment.  So, I get to watch them play.  When we seek kitten/s... we usually get a pair. That way, they entertain each other... sort of. I crack up every time I see them bouncing sideways. 

We/I named them. Chuckie and Scooter. Both girls. Was NOT thinking of @Tarheel when Chuck was named. It just fit her. She's the kind that will stand in the middle of the food bowl and growl at everyone.... "It's MINE!!!"

wife offered to wash my hair the other day. I blew it when I asked her if that includes the beard.  Yeah... my back has been acting up. Not crippling, limiting tho.

time to rattle wife's cage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1