Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

"What was the wife thinking when she bought this?" 5lbs of wings.

She was thinking, oh wings, I love wings.

Now you got me wishing I had 5 pounds of wings. :sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice, creole is so simple and my favorite to make!

Simple for you to make. me on the other hand...  Love it too when I'm South of the Ohio river.  The further South I go the better it gets.  Never fails.  Elden's worryin about 5# of wings.  Threw a 5# bag of thighs in a casserole dish w/some BBQ sauce and then cracked a bottle of @oldtimers HOT sauce for a lil dash and out came a double shot!  Marinated it all then had a "throw down" on the grill the following day.  They made Bobby Flay's "throw down" look like a Mama's boy's work.  Fantastic!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

.  Elden's worryin about 5# of wings. 

Well yea, wife going to the store this evening, already told her to look for wings. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Threw a 5# bag of thighs in a casserole dish w/some BBQ sauce and then cracked a bottle of @oldtimers HOT sauce for a lil dash and out came a double shot!  Marinated it all then had a "throw down" on the grill the following day. 

I do that every week, put chicken in a couple of zip lock bags and marinate for a couple days in the refrigerator then smoke. Lately I have been using some Dales and other spices. I switch it up to get different flavors, the only one we didn't care for was beer as a marinate. Have one in the refrigerator now, Dales and powdered crab boil for spice. :lol:

Got a pork loin defrosting now to marinate, it will be Sriracha sauce and granulated garlic and onion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

She was thinking, oh wings, I love wings.

Now you got me wishing I had 5 pounds of wings. :sad:

I'm just the same with thighs, marinate with hot sauce and 70 min indirect off the coals on the side of the Weber.

Potato chip skin chicken thighs.

Salt & pepper the skin (or whatever you want really)

Fill 1/3 of the grill or so with charcoal and cook indirect.

Chicken skin up for 70-75 min, no need to flip or check.

Fill your belly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

No blue cheese and celery? The cucumber and onion sounds like a good side with the wings though! Do you do the bake, fry repeat ten times on yours?

nah

i was in a hurry

bake... roll in the sauce ... serve. Was gonna dip, rebake and do the double dip... turned out to not be needed. There was enough zip on the outside to carry them. 

the hot sauce is Sambal Oelek.  pretty good for commercial stuff.

marinate was out. The wings weren't thawed when I put them in the oven.... next time!

that cuke/onion salad is a great summer salad. Refreshing. I usually toss a little tomato in ... just for color.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

because  it is warm, I went to get wet in the "pool".  Had company. One RiverToad... The thought of kissing it, hoping for a nubile, young princess crossed my mind.... However, that would be the only possible positive outcome. 

Chiapas.... Varietal Mexican.... Should be good.

• Like 4

Dang Mike!

If that's a $5.99 lunch down in `Bama I might just venture down there to with my Tigers cap on🐾!

* got to finish the yard today... man it was hot, the breeze was hot too, like a convection oven.

Only mid 90s but pretty muggy out, clouding up again back to the normal summertime setup around here with the renegade thunderstorms all around!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

You have officially won the longest attachment to a blank post in the history of the CC&C thread and possibly the whole forum.  

Congratulations :lol:

Trophy-HD-Big-PNG-Image.png

bubba Gump shrimp restaurant

is only 1 hour 25 minutes west of you !

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Have you eaten at one Mike? Is it as good as it looks?

i’ve been to a couple of them (Hawaii and California) ... just like any other place in my opinion. Not bad; but didn’t blow my doors off either. I’d eat there again; but, wouldn’t go out of my way for it. 

47 minutes ago, dtel said:

You have officially won the longest attachment to a blank post in the history of the CC&C thread and possibly the whole forum.  

Congratulations :lol:

Trophy-HD-Big-PNG-Image.png

It should be punished, not congratulated.  Of all people, encouragement is not prudent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2