Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

bubba Gump shrimp restaurant

is only 1 hour 25 minutes west of you !

I know I looked at the link earlier, I looked at the one posted earlier because I thought they had one in the French Quarter but they don't or it closed, I thought they did, I must have seen it on the coast or in Florida ?

If I happened to be there maby, there are so many good places for seafood we tend to not go to chain restaurants if we can help it. 9 out of 10 times we just go buy seafood and cook it ourselves, much cheaper that way and we get exactly what we want. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It should be punished, not congratulated.  Of all people, encouragement is not prudent.

When it falls of and were on the next page we can just erase it.

Al Gore called and said we made the internet skip a second when it was all loaded it was so much, the forum even slowed down for a few minutes.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know I looked at the link earlier, I looked at the one posted earlier because I thought they had one in the French Quarter but they don't or it closed, I thought they did, I must have seen it on the coast or in Florida ?

If I happened to be there maby, there are so many good places for seafood we tend to not go to chain restaurants if we can help it. 9 out of 10 times we just go buy seafood and cook it ourselves, much cheaper that way and we get exactly what we want. 

don't blame you at all !

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

bubba Gump shrimp restaurant

is only 1 hour 25 minutes west of you !

But when we drive an hour and a half we would pass at least 100 good places with seafood, New Orleans is an hour away and every neighborhood for 50 miles has little places that are really good, probably 500 neighborhood places that sell seafood and po-boy's.

30 minutes from here is the House of Seafood, twenty something dollars and it's a buffet, all the seafood you can eat cooked many different ways, and that's just one place.  We don't really go there anymore, the chances are very high I would hurt myself.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

When Dave and I had talked about marinating meat before cooking, well it was time to cook it. Just took this pic, it's only 3 chicken breast but half a pork loin also, it's only been on about an hour at most, the chicken is that color because of the marinate. The pork loin was covered in hot sauce twice, the second time was right before cooking.

0F0A5635-FBC9-4837-8E59-54D6CEE3AE61.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rplace said:

REALLY?!?! 

“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.” – Bubba

• Like 1

Mornin' Folks

was snappin' an' poppin' so close, last night, I was unplugging things  Rain?  Not here.1/4inch..... 2 - 4 inches around.  Wife had to wait for roads to be cleared before she could get to work.  She will head out at the first sign of rain. A little storm 20 miles away can stop the road. 40% chance of storms today. I think they got it right. Sun is out and getting warm.

Glad it cooled down. Emptied the kiddie pool [toad too] and refilled it. The tap water was warmer than tepid. You could not take a cool shower warm. 

Have a dark/light blend of Mex and Kona this AM. 

Kittens are underfoot every step. And climbing now.  I think there are ready to go.     cute as...

shrimp?

not fond of all the fancy breadings. coconut? not for me. That doesn't even sound good. Tempura or beer batter is about as fancy as I go. On a skewer over flame for a few seconds is fine by me.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, rplace said:

I don't think I've ever had one of my posts deleted :(

There you go, not hidden. it was not your post just the added 20 pages, much more than the word REALLY?!?! 

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The only thing you could do is edit it and delete the link or attachment. 

I tried that, maby didn't do it right? It's easy to remove pictures but i couldn't find a way to remove that.