Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

There you go, not hidden. it was not your post just the added 20 pages, much more than the word REALLY?!?! 

That was my point to have the stupid quote all over again and Really? I'm not that far from NY. Once of these days I'm going to drive up there and listen to a few LPs with him, then punch him square in the mouth for all the gigantic, scrolling BS posts. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Why is that?

preface with... I/we live in an area that is referred to as  "remote". Wife works 25 mile further out.
Dry creek beds/washes. Bridge? Whatever for? We're lucky to get a culvert. Most of the roads parallel major washes. It can rain up in the hills and make trouble when it crosses the road en route to the "river"

In the rainy season, there are "wash parties" while we wait for the flow to go down.  It's a good idea to keep a little non-perishable food, water and some extra clothes in the car. You can get cold and hungry waiting. Not uncommon to take 4 hours for the road to get passable.They call the road passable well before that declaration would be made in the city.

The Olds is a boat in more than one respect. One reason I keep it. It is proven in water. It can take a foot or more w/o ingesting it.  The new car is not [to be' tried. Wife will stay in Sasabe first. The other 3 gals that work there have truck/4WD. She rides with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm sure we could round up gas money for you.

how bout for me ... i want to raid your bourbon locker.   Took a nice gulp of the Weller last night.  Initially, it has a very good taste, then a peppery sting. Tonight, was a couple of Molson Canadians and a shot of the La Fortaleza tequila.  I’m SO a Tequila guy, just love that stuff. Although it has a very long cork and i guess i wasn’t being too careful and twisted the top off and broke the cork -- just pushed the stuck part into the bottle and took my shot. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how bout for me ... i want to raid your bourbon locker.   Took a nice gulp of the Weller last night.  Initially, it has a very good taste, then a peppery sting. Tonight, was a couple of Molson Canadians and a shot of the La Fortaleza tequila.  I’m SO a Tequila guy, just love that stuff. Although it has a very long cork and i guess i wasn’t being too careful and twisted the top off and broke the cork -- just pushed the stuck part into the bottle and took my shot. 

If gas money was the only thing stopping you, you'd be here by now.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If gas money was the only thing stopping you, you'd be here by now.

Are we talkin' bout a Texas Gatherin" on Wed & Thurs Next week, the 28th & 29th, in Southeast Texas....  ending a day before that Harry Labor Day Weekend Traffic Jam?

• Like 2

i think there are more Texans on this forum than representing anywhere else. I’ve driven through Texas; but, didn’t spend the night or even eat there ... probably stopped for gas. 

I did see a bunch of Cadillacs noses into the ground ... wherever that is. Yes @DizRotus, i know where the ground is, i just don’t know where the ground where the caddies are buried is. Excuse my writing ...  I’ve been practicing for when you & I  go to Tip A Few.

If Carl keeps buying that Unicorn Bourbon, i may have to take a road trip one of these days!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

twisted the top off and broke the cork -- just pushed the stuck part into the bottle and took my shot. 

that's how we dealt with corked wine. We dinna carry a corkscrew.

Ya know that a fifth of wine will fit in the front pocket of bib overalls ... and you can still ride a bicycle.  I was a little younger... 40 years younger.

Kittens are going today.... if we can get a hold of the gal that expressed interest.  They're eating softened dry food and drinking water. Still like some formula... but, they are ready. We are momma bird to them. They will eat whatever we show them to eat.

We got a little rain last night. Been raining crazy 15 mile east. Just running out of gas before it reaches us. We get a smell and wind. The nature of "the monsoon".  Was the same way when I lived in Amado. Years when it seemed to rain all around.  Not there.

the Cadillac "sculpture" is east Amarillo

Didn't know they moved it A little c/p

Opened: 1974
Medium: Car
Did you know: Cadillac Ranch was moved in 1997 from its original site along Interstate 40 to a new spot two miles west along the interstate.

Drinking straight generic Mexican coffee.

• Like 4

I had some harbucks this morning, we rushed out of here at 7:30 to take her to her salon south of here. Made some swill called pikes place in a machine you put these little cupcake sized pods into WTF?    I've always brewed it. & I know why, I went outside and pitched it in the grass. They had "worked her in"... went and got the gas at the warehouse down there then waited until 8:45 and left her there reading another domesticated magazine!!  Went home to get my immuno that I have to take at 9am and got my cup off of where I left it, threw it in the wave and had good stuff for the drive back to pick her up.

@WillyBob

Liked `em better this way:

cadillacranch1.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Liked `em better this way:

that's the way I remember them. Used to drive by them on my weekly trip to Chicago.

Wife got in touch with the gal that wanted the kittens. Notice past tense We have 2 kittens. Thanks?!?  

So...  I am gonna be busy.  At least we aren't feeding every 4hrs. 

Wife was funny last night. She went to the bar and had a couple pau hana drinks. 2 michiladas[sp?].

I put some old Beatles on. She was singing along. The louder the stereo, the louder she got. 

• Haha 4