Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Wife got in touch with the gal that wanted the kittens. Notice past tense We have 2 kittens. Thanks?!?  

So...  I am gonna be busy.  At least we aren't feeding every 4hrs. 

Wife was funny last night. She went to the bar and had a couple pau hana drinks. 2 michiladas[sp?].

I put some old Beatles on. She was singing along. The louder the stereo, the louder she got. 

Good luck w/both the kittens and your wife's singing!  I can't carry a tune in a bucket anymore!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strangest thing happened to me today.  

I go to this place in the next town over to get some food -- never been there before. I’m ordering takeout.  Gal doesn’t ask my name and i pay in cash. When my order is ready, a different gal walks towards me and says, “Order for Steve.” 

I guess the jig is up ... I have to move now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I go to this place in the next town over to get some food -- never been there before. I’m ordering takeout.  Gal doesn’t ask my name and i pay in cash. When my order is ready, a different gal walks towards me and says, “Order for Steve.” 

Sure you weren't @ the Sunset Grill?  hahahaha 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

man you are on the grapevine now! Better cancel your land line and use only burner phones from now on. The ladies all know and it's only a matter of time until the significant others know too.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Wife was funny last night. She went to the bar and had a couple pau hana drinks. 2 michiladas[sp?].

I put some old Beatles on. She was singing along. The louder the stereo, the louder she got. 

Great!

Happy ladies are nice to have around!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

You weren't wearing a shirt with your name?

I used to do that... with a shirt that didn't have Bill on it... George or Mike

... and the folks wondered why I ignored them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Your a legend, ok maby it was like the twilight zone.

Or you like Windashine said you just look like a Steve, but you don't really, not the average  looking guy named Steve anyway ? :huh:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

At 70 and 68, the wife and I are riding our 1974 bikes to the duplex our sons rent from us.  We’ll take back roads to go approximately 8 miles each way.

Yesterday I loaded the bikes on the car to get the tires pumped up at my mechanic’s.  The Schwinn takes 102 psi and the Legnano requires 100 - 130 psi.  The kid (late 20s to early 30s) who put in the air was skeptical about those numbers until he read the specs on the tires.

5ae903b8dea80_after1.thumb.JPG.524655925e61ffc2a51541bf8e3204f1.JPG396BBA48-3A88-4660-A3D0-6D6E53DAD24A.thumb.jpeg.14ed44da4e4a91c672a4ecb7364eff9e.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, Ceptorman said:

That's because they've been sitting for 45 years 😀

I admit, like a lot of things, they are used less frequently these days than in the past.  There was a time when I did 30 miles a day on the Legnano.  On the spur of the moment I took the last ferry back to Mackinac Island, spent the night on a friend’s boat, and then rode back to East Lansing in two days.

The roads around here aren’t conducive to bike travel.  Furthermore, the logo’d spandex clad Pillsbury Doughboys don’t think the traffic laws apply to them.  They feel they can transition from “pedestrian” to traffic at their whim, which makes it hard for drivers and responsible riders.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

At 70 and 68, the wife and I are riding our 1974 bikes to the duplex our sons rent from us.  We’ll take back roads to go approximately 8 miles each way.

At 70 and 68 mph is pretty fast for those bikes, especially on back roads.

(tried to pull a Diz on that one)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Morning folks, checking In with a new coffee i am trying. I guess I'm a sucker for anything that states small batch. This coffee isn't to bad, but not worth the extra money for mail order. I think there dark roast could be a bit more bolder. They have lots of flavorful options if your into that, me I just like plain dark roast.6ebcf1436ede8b68b92580f2da9c8121.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4