Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

We have thought about bikes for few years now, but thought we would probably get run over on these local roads, so considering our age decided not to.

I agree with your decision Elden.  Unless there are dedicated bike trails, we’re too old, and too smart, to mix it up with distracted drivers.

We took longer coming back, due to a stop for ice cream.  Now my coccyx is screaming at me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I agree with your decision Elden.  Unless there are dedicated bike trails, we’re too old, and too smart, to mix it up with distracted drivers.

We took longer coming back, due to a stop for ice cream.  Now my coccyx is screaming at me.

Just alot of backroads here, and drivers not paying attention. But really one thing that also bothers me is if I were riding along and without looking moved more to the center at the wrong time it would be bad. The roads are empty 90% of the time which can give you an impression no one is coming and one simple mistake and all this hard work of taking care of myself is over. :lol: OK I lied I don't take care of myself, but not to the point of being run over. :blink:

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, WillyBob said:

...if so,  he should be used to it by now.

I would think so, I am.

I could say there is a lion in the yard looking to eat someone and she happened to be looking at her phone, she would walk out and have no idea.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Sounds like an opportunity...

I don't know where to get a lion.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

mine hears half of what I say and then argues my exact point ....

I know exactly what you mean.

• Haha 2

Mornin' folks

I got quite a compliment yesterday.  My wife's secretary asked ME to cook something for her. People fly this woman around to cook for them. She regularly goes to HI and AK.  Either some spaghetti or my "famous" [not my words] enchiladas.

had to make two trips to the store this AM. Got everything but what I went for the 1st trip... tobacco got left behind.  Was talking to the owner. Found out that not only do we have a guy in breach clout, but 2 guys that wear kilts. Was teasing that one of the other owners [Roger] was going to grow his hair and beard and start wearing a sarong when he retires.

kittens are bouncing...  Wish I could go that hard and sleep so well. I almost think the one has narcolepsy. When she gets tired, she sleeps where she is. a lot of times, in the middle of the floor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A big day for this retiree yesterday.  A hair cut at 9am then to the tire store for 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/s 3+ on the 2012 Z4 35is.  Much better ride than the stock run flats.  Down side.......removing the goo that holds the weights for balancing.  4 applications of Goo Gone and patience.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 10:17 AM, DizRotus said:

Furthermore, the logo’d spandex clad Pillsbury Doughboys don’t think the traffic laws apply to them.  They feel they can transition from “pedestrian” to traffic at their whim, which makes it hard for drivers and responsible riders.

Exactly the way it is around here. I do my very best to give bicyclist extra space and be cautious but some of them make it very difficult

Also did they quit teaching that you walk towards traffic while walking on the shoulder of a road.

I travel a busy state highway and kids with headphones on walking with traffic are clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

then to the tire store for 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/s 3+ on the 2012 Z4 35is.  Much better ride than the stock run flats.

A new set of tires does wonders for the ride of almost any vehicle especially those dang run flats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

A big day for this retiree yesterday.  A hair cut at 9am then to the tire store for 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/s 3+ on the 2012 Z4 35is.  Much better ride than the stock run flats.  Down side.......removing the goo that holds the weights for balancing.  4 applications of Goo Gone and patience.

So....by buying new tires you re-tired 😀                       don't forget to tip your waitress!

27 minutes ago, Davis said:

Exactly the way it is around here. I do my very best to give bicyclist extra space and be cautious but some of them make it very difficult

Also did they quit teaching that you walk towards traffic while walking on the shoulder of a road.

I travel a busy state highway and kids with headphones on walking with traffic are clueless.

Isn't it amazing how many people get hit while walking along the side of the street? At least a couple a week, and half of them the driver doesn't stop.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1