Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

It's the 2" NY Strip for me! Hands down the tastiest most tender I'll buy.

I don't consider the fillet, too $$.

I'd be real happy if I could find ham. All of it is gross now the "they" ruined it I think so sales would go down and wouldn't offend their business partners from over there that detest pork.

Smithfield doesn't even make an edible ham now for going on two years. Their regular bacon (the only kind/brand I ever bought) is *%@p, had to learn how to cook the thick that I never liked before.     

I think it was all salt cured before.

Any of y'all carnivores know what happened? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Any of y'all carnivores know what happened? 

Never noticed, no problem finding good pork here, ribs, shoulder/butt, loin or ham. Almost forgot some really good sausage, can't forget the sausage. 

• Like 2

I'll never forget the sausage Mr. Man, my favorite of the breakfast meats only because it's easier and quicker to cook than bacon! Like eggs but what good are they without the meat?? & the coffee and maybe grits or bread...

On that ham, I'm talking the simple pre-cooked vacuum packed "ham steaks" Three in the package at the warehouse, only one a pack priced high at the grocery store. I steer away from the gluten-free but I'm wondering if it's all gluten free now. Never paid attention to glutens, never will. I do know that they hold all of the texture and flavor that makes the food good! 

Other than that it has to be an altered curing process and darn... Smithfield is what I've trusted my whole life. 

That and Neeses Sausage made in Greensboro up the road. Similar to Jimmy Deans blocks of sausage done right and that's it!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== Cold? Sarong? You remember Seifields’ George Castanza, right? Shrinkage? Yeah, dig out the robe —🥶

That would totally change or eliminate the bob, WhillyBob.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

TBH John

I think it is the lean meat we are getting. Someone decided we can't handle animal fat.... and replaced it with Crisco

With respect to the regular bacon here, the thick stuff has had the meat content to it. The regular (thin) Smithfields that I used to always buy exclusively is mostly fat now so it isn't even worth buying at all.

The "them" that perveted our American food last decade think I eat five time my body weight in fried foods, soft drinks and salt and sugary crap.  Dummies... us "old" people know about the food pyramid and moderation. I just couldn't do that with alcohol a while back.

Heck I just had soda for the first time since mid June today.  And frying chicken is too messy, I only do that for making cacciatore, it's worth it when I'm finished and I can't fry it up as good as the colonel could. And I'm pudgy now so fat foods are few and far between except for that six weeks of continuous canollis a while back!   Wait that's dairy!! 

Eating out is too risky with hateful minions working everywhere - don't want their body fluids at all.

Gotta run, fifteen feet left of 150 of edging in the front yard, I do it by hand with a straight hoe, a broom and shovel. Broken dozens of weedeaters in my life.. I warned them whoever it was each time.. "I've done that before and they always quit working before the job is finished" 🤔 It never failed to happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Broken dozens of weedeaters in my life.. I warned them whoever it was each time.. "I've done that before and they always quit working before the job is finished" 🤔 It never failed to happen.

?? what cha edging, solid granite:)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1