Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

49 minutes ago, babadono said:

?? what cha edging, solid granite:)

🤣

Just grass and weeds, thing is I was pretty good at keeping the string out of chain link fences but when the string was gone and it broke my stride I'd get pissed... Yep Irish in me, love taters and spirits a hundred different ways! Get pissed because the tap would not bring more string out so I'd tap harder string would appear.  Next time the harder tap produced no string so tap harder..... usually a few hours did it and the dummy that forced me into it would cuss. I'd say you hired me for such and such then tell me to do this and I told you what would happen. What's the matter here? Never liked weed eaters anyhow.

I was a good hard worker, 10 hrs work for 10 hrs pay... usually they'd laugh and I'd never have to touch one of those again. I have fired a few bosses in my life though.

The attitude is strong in this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes that's true @WillyBob, except the women fuss about them like cutting the yard on a hot day.

"It's tall, I've got time... I gotta cut it." 

"It's 99 degrees do it in the morning" 

"It's wet with the dew in the morning, and I was busy" "It doesn't grow when it's cold dam*$t"

My lawn mower died a couple years ago and I traded my Husky 350 for a dual blade 21" honda mower. That was a great saw, it put the oil on the chain by itself, started quickly even cut pine well if you cleaned it afterwards you could use it again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

haven't had to mow this year. I didn't water and it didn't rain.

I have a couple saws. 2 old electrics, a big as Jonsered and a little Stihl. Love that little saw. Been into the shop one time. It needed a pull cord.  I do burn through bars, chains and drive sprockets. Regular maintenance items.

• Like 2

I have a honda heavy pos auto drive sitting in my garage.  I should probably start it and let it run a bit.  I need a light weight nimble you do the pushing high wheeler, which I have in a yard machines with the b and s quantum engine.  Had it for years and it starts on the first pull once the season gets going.  The honda is a key turn starter.  Good gawd y'all who are the wimps out there demanding this product?  BTW, I got it for free tossed in with a commercial edger I bought from a co-worker.  They didn't need it any more because they started hiring out the mowing chores.  

• Like 3

so, i had a craving for a milk shake today and stopped at a Sonic Drive In.  Ordered a Banana shake. Drive off.  Noticed it tasted a bit unpleasant and then a chunk of chocolate comes up the straw.  Now mind you, i hate chocolate almost as much as i hate the Los Angeles Dodgers. I drank a 7 Up and that didn’t wash away that horrible taste. I think i’m going to have to take a shot of either Tequila or Bourbon.  I’m also tempted to grab my bottle of @oldtimer hot sauce and shake a few drops onto my tongue.

For those of you that consume chocolate ... how in the world do you do it?  that is some nasty stuff ... I feel like a communist or something.  I think I’ll go say the Pledge of Allegiance. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
47 minutes ago, billybob said:

Stay off the grass...

Get off of my lawn...

No and ok.

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have a honda heavy pos auto drive sitting in my garage. 

Hate Honda mowers, had a rider that has a carburetor part needing to be replaced, the Honda part number was for the whole engine, no smaller parts sold. Will stick with the tractor from now on.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

so, i had a craving for a milk shake today and stopped at a Sonic Drive In.  Ordered a Banana shake. Drive off.  Noticed it tasted a bit unpleasant and then a chunk of chocolate comes up the straw.  Now mind you, i hate chocolate almost as much as i hate the Los Angeles Dodgers. I drank a 7 Up and that didn’t wash away that horrible taste. I think i’m going to have to take a shot of either Tequila or Bourbon.  I’m also tempted to grab my bottle of @oldtimer hot sauce and shake a few drops onto my tongue.

For those of you that consume chocolate ... how in the world do you do it?  that is some nasty stuff ... I feel like a communist or something.  I think I’ll go say the Pledge of Allegiance. 

Yes on the hot sauce and the tequila or Bourbon, but I do like chocolate, dark the higher the number the better.

Maby not communist but just old fashioned odd.:lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you have a beautiful lawn ... the best lawn ever.  I’ve heard people say that, they say they’ve never seen a more beautiful lawn. It’s not like the lawns that other people have. You have a beautiful lawn. 

The thing is, it is a complicated thing.  I mow around certain wildflowers at certain times of the year.  No one could ever do it right without the in depth knowledge of the flora and fauna of the land, and most people just know derr, I mow the yard...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1