Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I get a new knee in two weeks. I would imagine while I am laid up, I will spend more time here. (confirmed workaholic).

I hope since I will be heavily medicated, all this stuff will/might start making sense. 

11 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I tried... Doesn't work. But, you can have fun trying.

Where's my coffee and pipe... maybe I can make some sense of it all. lol

How many "likes" can you do in one day? I have a tendency to like everything and everybody when on pain meds. 

I get over it quickly after my stash wears down.

• Haha 4

They're always at the creeks here... the cottonmouths that is.

The gators are everywhere in FL because standing water, retention ponds, the drainage ditches with a bridge over them for driveways.

Used roundup a lot, but I put a long sleeve lightweight shirt on and wore a respirator or mask and rtfm `cause it's poison. WHO just wants to milk money from a USA company again! If you don't follow the directions you shouldn't be able to f'n sue anybody...  I wore a mask working around asbestos before Reagan turned it into a cash-cow because it's pretty obvious if you bump it you would breathe it!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

they do take a little getting used to. 

@dtel

don't you have cottonmouths and gators?

Yes and water moccasins, and plenty of non poisonous snakes, deal with probably 8-10 every summer on the front porch alone, non poisonous.

I am not scared of snakes or other bugs and grew up around alligators, had small ones as pets when I was a kid.

BUT there not big hairy spiders. It's spiders, just spiders, anything bigger than a really tiny one are a problem.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

How many "likes" can you do in one day? I have a tendency to like everything and everybody when on pain meds. 

I get over it quickly after my stash wears down.

That's funny, I don't keep track of them. When they first added them here I had no idea not being a phone or on any social media places. I went for 6 months before I realized how to use it and why that number on the top right of the page  on the bell was for.

I do tend to like it because you can somewhat comment on something without making a post, another thing I don't keep up with. I really think the post count thing is messed up, just a guess ?

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

don't you have cottonmouths

My great grandmother was bitten by a cottonmouth (also called black moccasin, water moccasin, swamp moccasin).  She went into the kitchen, took down a bottle of whiskey kept there for "purely medicinal reasons," poured some over the wound and also on a butcher knife, cut out the area of the bite, and then had a good slug of the whiskey.  Her great, great granddaughter (my daughter) started a band called Black Moccasin in her honor.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i grew up around black widows

I, too, grew up around black widows.  When my parents disassembled the sand box I played in, there was a nice black widow underneath.

My father was a quietly confident man, and of mesomorphic body type ... strong and brave, in my eyes.  One day I saw him bend over and put his mouth under an outdoor water faucet to take a drink.  Suddenly, he leapt up, did a little dance, and spit out a black widow.  No bite.

One day, I heard my mother shriek, "Gareeee!"  I ran into the kitchen and caught a snake slithering across the floor.   It was a harmless one, and hung around as a pet for about a year, even accompanying me on vacation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes and water moccasins, and plenty of non poisonous snakes, deal with probably 8-10 every summer on the front porch alone, non poisonous.

I am not scared of snakes or other bugs and grew up around alligators, had small ones as pets when I was a kid.

BUT there not big hairy spiders. It's spiders, just spiders, anything bigger than a really tiny one are a problem.

5 hours ago, dtel said:

had to dispatch a rattler last night. I was in the kitchen and heard it sound off. Yes, it was outside. 4 of our cats had it surrounded. Snagged the cats and brought them into the house.

After a few minutes of debate, we decided to do away with it. Asked the wife for something to bash it... She started bringing me things...

No, I need something better than the broom.  Eventually she found something adequate... My broadsword. Snake was coiled up... I got a good [lucky?] blow and hit it an inch behind/below its head. Done deal. 

then dtel's buddy came in for a visit. Had to usher a tarantula out of the house.

busy evening

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:
15 hours ago, USNRET said:

In the 60's, on the ranch, we were taught to take a razor blade, cut an X across the snake bite and suck out the venom (spitting it out).

Better not have a sore, or cavity, in the suckers mouth...

There is a old joke about that...............They said your going to die 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Then I would spray for spiders including the yard, twice, maby more.

Then they’ll become immune to the pesticide and grow bigger, stronger, and more aggressive. Then they’ll get smartphone and track your location via GPS.  You can run from them; but, you won’t be able to hide. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Then they’ll become immune to the pesticide and grow bigger, stronger, and more aggressive. Then they’ll get smartphone and track your location via GPS.  You can run from them; but, you won’t be able to hide. 

Well if it comes down to it, a sawed off 12ga, already have 24 boxes of birdshot, the floor is almost in need of replacement anyway. :unsure:

Zombies, spiders same difference, more scared of spiders really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Easy solution.....I'll cancel their phone plan 😀

• Haha 4