Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

42 minutes ago, babadono said:

this question has only one answer....Kill it.

That was a great many years ago ... i don’t remember what we did with it.  I do recall when i was 16 and put one in the trunk of my Dad’s car.  Now, who remembers what they were doing every time they had a rattlesnake; but it was dead and i just forgot about it.  My Dad went to get his golf clubs out of the car one day and found it.  He very calmly said, “by the way, you can never drive my car again.”  That didn’t last long though ... like the day after i got my drivers license and he took it away.  I had accidentally forgotten to go to school, and so did two of my friends, so we goofed around all day,  and the school called to reschedule some sort of conference that i had forgotten about. After a few days of getting home from work and lying on the couch to take a nap and my Mom waking him up to go to the store, he finally said, “Your license is on my dresser, you can have it back, now go to the store for your mother."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I would rather have to deal with a rattlesnake, usher is not what i would do. Then I would spray for spiders including the yard, twice, maby more.:huh: 

I can't say that I wouldn't feel the same about gators.  We have some very alien looking critters. Jerusalem Crickets, sun spiders ... Those are beyond ugly. Not "so ugly, they're cute" either. 

sun spider.  these give me the creeps. They aren't venomous. Tarantulas are fuzzy and mellow in comparison.These dart around. Can chew up June bugs.

image.png.79224f9194c4da291a65a87bcff3c8e1.png

out here

everything bites, stings, impales or is otherwise poisonous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Richard Pryor?

I don't remember who it was, something like this.

Two men were out hunting in the woods and one had to go to the bathroom so he walks over to a bush and while standing there he was bit by a snake.

His friend said I will go back and ask what to do so he hurried to a local store where this old lady was working and asked what should he do. The old lady told him the old way of doing it was to make a cut and suck out the poison then try to get to a hospital. 

So he want back to his friend thinking about it the whole way and when he got there he told his friend, they said you're probably going to die.

• Like 2

we had a family of them. I learned how to trap and relocate them w/o getting nuked. In some ways, I'd rather a skunk than a coon.

there is a story that goes with the skunks. Long to short, I moved them because of rabies incidence in the area. Our cats played with them.  We have a country vet... I still don't think he would go for giving skunks rabies vaccinations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it is different. instead of suffocating from the humidity, we get a gentle sear from the inside out. The high humidity is tough, I won't deny that.

Semi-dehydrated is normal state. I gained a couple lbs of water while I was in Indiana. Plumped up like a raisin.

Feels like fall is coming. I'll be doing some fuel wood cutting this year. I kinda like doing a little. Can't cut much if I am using the Olds to haul it.

I always see BorderPatrol when I go cutting. I expect to see them. I'm w/i a few miles of the border. They see the beater car, trunk open and a gas can... Ask if I need some help.   Yeah, see the wood up there? Never gotten any takers. They do make me feel more comfortable. They will tell me if I might see UDIs. The travelers, I don't worry. It is the smugglers. Don't wanna be the guy with a chainsaw at a gunfight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

it is different. instead of suffocating from the humidity, we get a gentle sear from the inside out

Your right humidity can get rough, and things get hot to the touch but went to Arizona in the summer as a kid and you could not touch a gate to unlock it it was so hot. But I was a kid ?

• Like 1

it's about 15` cooler here.   and Yes... difference between being in the shade is 40` cooler than being in the sun.  Quite noticeable

Was talking to a buddy about a sub. He is a DJ... Reaffirmed what y'all been saying... Don't really NEED a sub for the music I listen to. Nonetheless, asked him to keep his eyes open for a Danley unit. He still has connections. And a moving van... and 2 young/er men.....

wife's secretary has folks she chefs for. They have homes in HI and AK... soon to have a place in AZ... for her. Must be nice. Maybe they will spring for a sound system. Since they aren't pinching pennies... There is a pair of RF7 II or III with a center speaker and RB81 II for less than a pair of CWIII that are also on local cl. Either way.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/amado-klipsch-rf-7-ii-rc-62-ii-rb81-ii/6972192231.html

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/tucson-klipsch-cornwall-iii-like-new/6968750184.html

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Your right humidity can get rough, and things get hot to the touch but went to Arizona in the summer as a kid and you could not touch a gate to unlock it it was so hot. But I was a kid ?

Your memory is good. Change left in the seat of the car can leave a mark. Don't park your motorcycle on asphalt. The kickstand will sink into it. Don't wanna leave tools in the sun, either.

I remember that from working in Tucson/GreenValley. We don't see 100` [very often].

• Like 4