Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Just made Gia breakfast.. And she wanted coffee....

She had it and replied.. " it sucks must be decafe "

That's a question I wanted to ask, can anyone taste the difference with decafe ?

Just wondering, tried some a while back and could not tell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's a question I wanted to ask, can anyone taste the difference with decafe 

Not me.  But, then people around here can hear the difference between every brand of cable, so i expect you’ll get a different answer. 

Pure caffeine is bitter; but, i doubt there’s enough to be noticeable.  I read of some study by this doctor that did a taste test with colas ... only 10% could tell a difference (or so they say).

Sincerely, 

The Neighborhood Sceptic

• Like 3

• Moderators

I didn't think so from what I tasted. About a month or two ago I told my wife to get the same coffee but decaf, mostly since I drink so much of it and it's not like I need the caffeine that much. I only noticed the lack of caffeine first thing in the mornings, but it's not like I need to get going to go to work.

I forgot when I was drinkings it that it had no caffeine until our daughter asked why the coffee was helping to make her feel better, she was tired. When we told her she said well that's :pwk_bs:. we went back to regular but I told the wife to switch to decaf again, I'm the one drinking it 99.9% of it time anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

That's a question I wanted to ask, can anyone taste the difference with decafe ?

Just wondering, tried some a while back and could not tell.

Brand specific, decaf or regular..side by side, yes. I'll bet you can taste a diff.  

can one tell non-alcoholic beer from regular, by taste?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing, I like them but this was good.

She cooked shrimp and grits, it has shrimp, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, butter, milk, chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning. It's pretty rich but very good.

I started with this to taste it, had to taste it a second time.

A4943CF8-27AA-486E-9026-DAA3A605DCAB.jpeg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing, I like them but this was good.

She cooked shrimp and grits, it has shrimp, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, butter, milk, chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning. It's pretty rich but very good.

I started with this to taste it, had to taste it a second time.

A4943CF8-27AA-486E-9026-DAA3A605DCAB.jpeg

Oh man, that looks great.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dtel said:

I know grits are kind of a Southern thing

Polenta is a staple of Italian cuisine, whereas grits are a Southern staple. While polenta is made from ground yellow corn, grits are made from white corn (also called hominy). ... The most notable difference between the two is in the texture: polenta is much coarser, whereas grits are finer

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/very-soft-polenta-with-rock-shrimp-ragout

• Like 1

+1 on the looks good

We would cook the corn mush a little harder, wrap the shrimp in it and call it a tamale

60` this AM. Feels a bit cool.

I have a wedding to attend/participate in, in 2 weeks. I'm the "best" man.

Should be interesting. Bride is Lakota. Bride and groom will be in traditional [Lakota] garb. I am expected to wear my sarong and robe.

oh..  anyone watch Forged in Fire?

One of the guys that judges the knives wears a sarong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

. Call me crazy but standing in front of a forge wearing a sarong seems iffy at best —. OSHA must not be involved in the show ?

plenty of "contestants" get the "quick trim" on beards and eyebrows.  The guy in the sarong isn't forging.

OSHA would have gone crazy on us at the bowling alley. We wore sneakers and  seasonally, shorts and coats. Heating/cooling? Oh yeah.... heating in the summer and cooling in the winter.

• Like 3