Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Polenta is a staple of Italian cuisine, whereas grits are a Southern staple. While polenta is made from ground yellow corn, grits are made from white corn (also called hominy). ... The most notable difference between the two is in the texture: polenta is much coarser, whereas grits are finer

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/very-soft-polenta-with-rock-shrimp-ragout

I had no idea what Polenta was, heard of it but had no idea.:emotion-21:

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We would cook the corn mush a little harder, wrap the shrimp in it and call it a tamale

I would try that also.

She just found this recipe and wanted to try it we have had it before but never tried to cook it.

It's my turn to do it next, it's going to be a little different than hers.

• Like 2

with the diversity we have, weddings can be interesting

Gave the kittens a bath, Fleas. They don't give much of a fight... the kittens, that is.

Must be getting some rain heavy clouds. Sat is pixelating.

Weather forecast called for a chance. We might get a little.... or not.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Another visual on Monday! 

It would taste a little different but not look much different I guess so no pic.

Instead of the heavy cream and milk, I would boil all the shrimp heads and shells, then reduce that to however much liquid I need to make the grits. This should make it not quite as rich and less creamy and have more shrimp flavor. It's crazy how much flavor comes out of the heads and shells of shrimp, I do this on occasion to start a gumbo. Do the same thing with chickens for chicken gumbo.

Plus I would add more spices to make it a little hotter, she is somewhat chicken to add alot.

'

• Haha 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, babadono said:

Don't have a cow man!:) He said he'll make broth with the heads and shells. It''ll be up to full stink and all the cats in the neighborhood will come and visit.

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Wait...  WHAT???  You leave the heads on?  Ok, THAT did it!  I'm warmin up the tubes but I'll be watchin cause it ALWAYS rolls down hill. Gonna be watchin EVERY bite I take in Hope!  Yes, sir..

You two are funny, but yes unlike BBQ shrimp you peel them first. 

I am not worried about cats, but was worried about the smell to us. Shrimp shells are by far the fastest thing to go bad and stink, you can throw shells in the garbage at night and when you wake up the next morning you would think they were in there for a week they smell so bad.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Don't have a cow man!:) He said he'll make broth with the heads and shells. It''ll be up to full stink and all the cats in the neighborhood will come and visit.

No cow yet but you KNOW how "Southerner's" are...  Ohhhhh, you're just sooo precious!   Yea, OK, gimme that #4 McValue meal...

• Haha 3

go easy guys...

I haven't had my coffee and that sounds horrible.

got a decent end of the season storm yesterday afternoon. A good inch of rain, locally.  Was a strange storm. Was so light out, that it seemed like the sun should be shining. Rain was coming in sheets and sideways.

Told the wife to leave the little car at the school and get a ride. Road was dry until they got to town. Figures.

got a Peruvian edge on this AM. These are good beans. Still prefer the Mexican.

Busy month ahead. 2 weddings. Boy is going to Amarillo. Wife is off to IL.  That one oughta be good. She attending a class reunion.

Wife wanted "something light" for dinner.

I made a "diet plate" for her. A portion of cod. A slab of lettuce. 1/4 of a red bell pepper, 1/4 of a cuke, a pickle and a portion of cottage cheese. So much "diet food" that she couldn't finish her "light" dinner.   We had a chuckle over that.

I poured some green enchilada sauce on the fish. Some ran into the veggies... I guess it make good salad dressing, too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

With ketchup dip and a Molson?

do you even need to ask?  actually, i’m out of the good red vitamin stuff and out of Molson too. Going dry for a couple of days since i fly back to California tomorrow and i know that the place i’m going to stay has alcohol and it’s a celebratory atmosphere.

• Like 2