Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, dtel said:

The Cod traveled a good ways to get to the desert. 

I feel the same way.  It not fresh unless it squirms on the pan.

we have to settle for "fresh frozen".  About the only fresh fish we can get, is to go to PuertoPenasco.  Just a 4hr drive each way. Of all the things... wife wants sardines, when I go there.  Aren't hard to catch. The trick is talking the "capt" of the panga that that is what I want. They do cook up nice, if you like oily type fish.

I did some shrimp in the green chile sauce, too. That was tasty. Could have used a little more zip. The sauce was mild.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well it is a rather intimidating invitation ..." The Pilgrimage:  i know we’ve never met; but, come visit us in the backwoods of Arkansas.  There is nobody around for miles and miles ... all you hear are the croaking of the frogs, the hum of flying insects, and banjo music.”  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well it is a rather intimidating invitation ..." The Pilgrimage:  i know we’ve never met; but, come visit us in the backwoods of Arkansas.  There is nobody around for miles and miles ... all you hear are the croaking of the frogs, the hum of flying insects, and banjo music.”  

and you forgot this

Funny dwarf goat with rubber boots and umbrella

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm just wondering if I have to bring my boots and a multi-colored umbrella.  I'm sure I'll need the boots and quite possibly the umbrella.

Not sure about the umbrella but no boots needed, unless you tend to wander off into a cow pasture which is lumpy.

Come to think of it I wonder if Beaker went picking and that's when he lost it, never mine I don't think he ever had it to start with.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dtel said:

What grows in them, which send you on a trip without leaving the farm.

I've heard of folks getting lost in wide open pasture...

after reading up on french press, I'm drinking leftover from last night.  a gasp from the crowd.

shot yesterday cleaning the coffee machine, shower head [used the vinegar from the coffee maker cleaning] and chipping 15 years of calcium from the toilet.  No wonder the toilet was slow. Took off a 3/16in layer. Time I spent, I could have bought a new one.  I have a little OCD and it got the better of me.

• Haha 3