Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Can't say I recall Boone's FuzzyNavel... of the choices. I think there was one or two flavors of Boone's at the time. What do I know? I was living in the sticks.

I remember MD20/20, TBird, and Ripple... the others must have been high/er class.

I about wrecked my car watching a wing-nut at DavisMonthanAFB doing a flat spin while in a "hover". Them vectored thrust planes can do some wild maneuvers.

I've had a couple jobs working by the airport. When the AirNatGuard line up on the runway, it's by 4. Was in a soundproof trailer... yeah right...The sound wasn't bad. The pressure would shake your eyeballs. I was testing communications equipment.

Not that important or technical. I was they guy that heard it. They were working on digital, now that I know how digital breaks up.  At the time, all I knew, was it sounded like someone talking underwater, with bubbles.

Talked to my buddy about the wedding. If there is gonna be any shock value in my appearance, it will be because I came in "civies". From what I hear of the guests, I will be low key wearing my sarong and robe. Bride and groom will be in traditional Lakota wedding garb... ribbon shirts and all...

.... it will be interesting

• Like 3

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Can't say I recall Boone's FuzzyNavel... of the choices. I think there was one or two flavors of Boone's at the time. What do I know?

I don't remember that one either, but i do remember it was like 89 cents a bottle back then, it's been a while.

Don't remember the Ripple but do remember the others, 2-3 bottles in an ice chest and go sit out by the lakefront, and she still stayed with me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't remember that one either, but i do remember it was like 89 cents a bottle back then, it's been a while.

Don't remember the Ripple but do remember the others, 2-3 bottles in an ice chest and go sit out by the lakefront, and she still stayed with me. 

if we were really trying to impress, we would spring for a bottle of Lancers'. 

I just shuddered thinking about us splitting a 6 pack and slamming 3 cans... and belching foam...that was fun?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

OK ... the Boones Farm was early high school, then it was Bacardi 151.  Now, the MD 20/20 that brings some disturbing memories ... couldn’t drink it now; but, once upon a time ...

I sense you are Bali Hi guy if i ever saw one.......

I remember some other flavors of Boone's. Those come after we "graduated". I wanna say that all we had was apple and cherry[?].

somewhere sangria needs to be on the list. Don't think brand is important. Not what we could afford.

Night Train and Cisco....  wino wines?

• Like 1

I took bottles of every flavor Boone's Farm to my last class reunion.  I was amazed at how many flavors they had today!  Funny how EVERYone remembered it yet very few admitted drinking it!  hahhaha  No clue who or where it went but at the end of the night they were gone!    :)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I don't recall Cisco at all and Night Train is barely familiar.  Do recall Fuzzy Navel though😐

* family was in the liquor business back in those days and Cisco rings no bells with me either, possibly a regional brew? And Boone’s Fuzzy Navel must have been part of their later releases as they hoped to capture the “pinky finger in the air crowd”.  Apple and strawberry were the Boone’s staples. And when these tasty treats grew old and you strived for wine drinking cred it was Riunite Lambrusco that introduced you to the finer things in life —

• Like 1

A quick search:

Top definition annie green springs unknown An alcoholic product labeled as wine, similar to boones farm or mad dog 20/20. Bottom shelf sweet stuff that'll get you laid every time, too bad they quit making it in the late 70s.