Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Carl ... what’s the best Bourbon that you’ve ever had?

Hmmmmmm.  Weller 12 has to be right up there.   I've got a couple bottles at the house that I think may be better but I won't open them till I have seconds to replace them with.  Colonel E H Taylor is very good (to me) as well.  If you tell me you'll be at the pilgrimage I'll bring a bottle of each.

Best is certainly subjective though.   You may not like what I do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Hmmmmmm.  Weller 12 has to be right up there.   I've got a couple bottles at the house that I think may be better but I won't open them till I have seconds to replace them with.  Colonel E H Taylor is very good (to me) as well.  If you tell me you'll be at the pilgrimage I'll bring a bottle of each.

Best is certainly subjective though.   You may not like what I do.  

Can we pilgrimage at my house?  I certainly am no Bourbon expert; but do enjoy trying new ones. I have an open bottle of Weller Antique and one of Fortaleza Tequila -- i find myself reaching for the Fortaleza more often. Guess I’m a Tequila man. 

• Like 1

Well I was having a cocktail so I guess it counts:

So I am sitting on the couch, watching TV, listening to our H.S. football game and attending to the puppy's belly rub when the back door is thrown open and my Aggie son appears unannounced. First visit since he departed in August.

What a nice surprise!!!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

has it always been Bourbon for you or did you grow into it?

Grew into it.  I went out for a birthday meal once and tried Weller 12 and was hooked.

Buffalo Trace is just ok.  I do have a bottle of single barrel  (store pick) Buffalo Trace that's really good.  A store pick is when a liquor store samples a bunch of barrels and buys a whole barrel of the sample they like the best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Well I was having a cocktail so I guess it counts:

So I am sitting on the couch, watching TV, listening to our H.S. football game and attending to the puppy's belly rub when the back door is thrown open and my Aggie son appears unannounced. First visit since he departed in August.

What a nice surprise!!!

That's the best! 

• Like 1