Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

...but, i take no vitamins or anything.

Then you won't want to take this. It is a supplement. It is an OTC product. At worst, all you do is spend money on it. If it works, then it helps. It is suggested to try for three months, if it doesn't help, then stop. For me it is like other supplements... I can't tell if I take it, but if I stop, it doesn't take long for the pain and stiffness to increase.

Bruce

https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/arthritis-supplements#1

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 10/2/2019 at 7:33 AM, WillyBob said:

Didn't Coke start out as an elixir to help with "the blues"?

Yes but with a bad side effect, cocaine addiction, no wonder it "perked people up" and was popular.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Then you won't want to take this. It is a supplement. It is an OTC product. At worst, all you do is spend money on it. If it works, then it helps. It is suggested to try for three months, if it doesn't help, then stop. For me it is like other supplements... I can't tell if I take it, but if I stop, it doesn't take long for the pain and stiffness to increase.

Bruce

Bruce ... i wasn’t meaning that i was opposed to vitamins and supplements, just that i currently don’t take any. i’ll check with my doctor next time i go ... i take some meds for my asthma and to control my heart PVCs ... so i like to ensure that nothing i take conflicts. i’ve been told to take Turmeric.  Asked my doctor and she said it was okay to take; but, take it in pill form because you can’t put enough on your food to have the desired effect.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Marvel said:
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

...but, i take no vitamins or anything.

Bruce

It is supposed to be helpful for joints from everything I read.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I used to carry 200+ave.

Last time I bowled was comical. If I didn't get a strike, I was in trouble... and I was in trouble a lot. It's a stupid game, but fun.

I bowl regularly, about once every 15 years. My first game is always my best, because they sell beer by the picture.  :huh:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I used to carry 200+ave.

Last time I bowled was comical. If I didn't get a strike, I was in trouble... and I was in trouble a lot. It's a stupid game, but fun.

one year, we were about 60-something games into the season and i looked at the league sheet -- i was averaging 213 and only the third highest average on the team of five, I lead off ... #4 bowler averaged 222 and our anchor was somewhere in the 230s (he looked like Alice Cooper too).  

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Going back outside, just came in to cool off, thermometer says 97.9, humidity 37%. Working on some new DIY lights for over the new counter sink area out in the bar, I got a plan at least, hope it works. :unsure2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Don't think I ever got to 200, maby close but it was always just for fun no league or competition, just friends.

talked my then wife into joining a league. She hated me giving her advice on how to get better ... she wouldn’t even listen (but she’d listen if someone else said the same thing). She’d tell me, “I’m only here for fun.”  I told her that the only fun was humiliating your opponent so bad that they’d hang their head in shame and swear never to bowl again. She didn’t get it ... no fire in her belly, that one.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you can’t put enough on your food to have the desired effect.

Curcumin capsules are what you do do get the dosage high enough, but there are other compounds in the turmeric which work along side it for greater effect. We use turmeric on our food, but use it a lot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

It is supposed to be helpful for joints from everything I read.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

No it's to wet need a pipe, and it is really hard to light and smells funny burning, bring extra lighters. 

He's got a point there Steve.  Last I heard you guys from Cali were rollin up a quarter pound in a Pampers.  Couple lighters to get it goin cause the plastic liner in them was tough to light BUT when ya got past that and it stayed lit...  Yup, California Dreamin alright!  😂  😎

• Haha 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, babadono said:
15 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

OK

Ya got me

I'm speechless

Apparently not:)

Na WillyBob is from the desert almost to Mexico, they don't roll quarter pounders in pampers, they use dried corn husk, kind of like a hot tamale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We're having a bit of an Indian Summer now too. High 90s more often than not for a week and those tropical downpours the last couple of months are forgotten now.

**this is fd up.

Was watching the Hurricanes first game this season, lamenting another Staal as the chosen captain. Like the Staal brothers, heck like their whole family after listening to the banter with our announcers over the last almost fifteen years. But.......neither has proven to me to be a leader.

On the phone thought I was on one window when I was on another after @dtel posting about the warm weather in that thread last week!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

made myself dinner ... in the microwave of course.  two hot dogs buns, two slices of cheddar cheese, two handfuls of diced onions, four Nathan’s hot dogs, and a can of Dennison’s Chili -- doused with Oldtimer’s hot sauce (Birthday something) and then appropriately covered in ketchup.

i can’t tell you if it tasted any good because i ate it too fast.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators

Tried Nathan's hot dogs before and about every other brand, didn't think they were anything special, well for the price anyway. It seems when you buy a good hot dog it get expensive, for the same price you can get some good sausage which is great on a bun instead of a hot dog. Although I do love hot dogs also, don't know why. 

You could cook and you know it, but it is more of a pain for just one person, almost cheaper to go out. But you could cook if you really wanted. I know you say you can burn water but your a smart guy you could do it easily, if I can do it anyone can. Haven't killed anyone yet.

• Like 3