Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Tried Nathan's hot dogs before and about every other brand, didn't think they were anything special, well for the price anyway. It seems when you buy a good hot dog it get expensive, for the same price you can get some good sausage which is great on a bun instead of a hot dog. Although I do love hot dogs also, don't know why. 

You could cook and you know it, but it is more of a pain for just one person, almost cheaper to go out. But you could cook if you really wanted. I know you say you can burn water but your a smart guy you could do it easily, if I can do it anyone can. Haven't killed anyone yet.

i generally don’t buy hot dogs; but, i was at the store and i’m getting kinda bored with the restaurant choices around here.  There was this pack of Nathan’s marked down from $10 to $5 so i got them. 

but, i’m really a disaster in the kitchen.  I have made lasagna that turned out good. but, generally i ruin everything.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

dtel, try Polk’s premium franks & bun length sausage; should be available at your wally world 

I will tell the wife to look for it, thanks.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

but, i’m really a disaster in the kitchen.  I have made lasagna that turned out good. but, generally i ruin everything.  

To know if you have done well besides taste is how few pots and pans are dirty, :emotion-21: the least needed is best, clean as you go. I hate to clean up extra stuff later, and if one of our kids cook which they say they do to give me a break even though I like doing it, they leave a pile of dirty things. Problem is I do the kitchen since I like to cook in it.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, dtel said:

To know if you have done well besides taste is how few pots and pans are dirty

that is one of several reasons that i don’t cook ... i’m OCD and can’t use something twice, so i’m always getting extra pots and utensils dirty. that and i freak out around raw meat and i feel like i’ve contaminated all surfaces and myself ...so cooking ends up being more traumatic than beneficial. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

I'm kind of fond of contaminating my pots and smoker with raw meat because I don't know how else to cook it. :lol: Well I guess cleaning an animal is out of the question, what about fish ? 

It's tough being Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, dtel said:

they use dried corn husk

being from IN, you can imagine the look on my face the first time I saw dried corn husks for sale at the grocery store.  That was before I became naturalized.

We are having normal weather. Dry. Musta been a bump in R/H overnight. It's warm this AM.

Party at WillyBob's tonight. Wife is going to Tucson. Come on down and and hang with me and my buds... maybe smoke a few of 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

... for a few days. Class reunion in IL. Springfield

I never went to one, missed my 50th HS reunion. This summer they arranged a 70th Birthday Bash for those who missed it. Wife and I drove up to Peoria, IL to attend. We had a blast, over 60 folks showed up. Hadn't been back in over 40+ years. No family still in the area at all.

• Like 4

... and those girls we used to date turned into little old ladies. 

I've never been to a class reunion. Considering my class was less than 100, ya never get a big turnout.

I'll leave it at that.

I-19 was closed all afternoon, yesterday. Dignitaries.... Veep, Gov and Senator. They should have taken a helicopter. They basically stopped all traffic between Mexico and Tucson during their visit to GreenValley [the Cat proving ground. Ya saw that on TV]. The news dinna bother to tell us not to try to travel N/S. Turned the trip to Tucson into a 3hr one-way.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, dtel said:

It's tough being Steve

i certainly wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

actually, most of my fear is that i’ll contaminate something that someone else will touch, then get sick, and the thought of someone being hurt or sick because of me is pretty heavy. i’m less freaked out around beef; but, handling raw chicken -- forget about it. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Bought a package of Nathan's dogs ONCE!  Also on sale.  Pretty nasty imo. Chicken?  Nasty to deal with but I had great results with the last breasts I grilled.  Lil BBQ sauce then slathered in oldtimer's latest brew and left for a day or so...  Fantastic!  NO KETCHUP!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

... and those girls we used to date turned into little old ladies.

I dunno, the one recent widow who bought herself a nice pair of fake breast with the insurance money did not look like a little old lady.

Unfortunately she disliked me then and even more today it seemed 😉

I don't discriminate, I liked them both ways.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Bought a package of Nathan's dogs ONCE!  Also on sale.  Pretty nasty imo. Chicken?  Nasty to deal with but I had great results with the last breasts I grilled.  Lil BBQ sauce then slathered in oldtimer's latest brew and left for a day or so...  Fantastic!  NO KETCHUP!

I miss the old  Emge Meats in Anderson, Indiana.

The plant was just down the street from my grandparents house.

The biggest snapping turtles I have ever seen lived in the White River directly behind the plant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just a handful of keepers at my 50th reunion.  Ever notice how sometimes the lookers back then have faired the worse while some mousy ones blossomed?  That seems fair.  Ever think you would be checking out 70 year olds😑

Lunch out at a bar-b-q joint.  Had fried chicken, taters with gravy, and collards.  LF on the road again.

Stopped and bought blue cheese stuffed olives for martini night.  Still liking the Reyka okay.

• Like 4