Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just a handful of keepers at my 50th reunion.  Ever notice how sometimes the lookers back then have faired the worse while some mousy ones blossomed?  That seems fair.  Ever think you would be checking out 70 year olds

I would venture to say that the girls think the same thing......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Party at WillyBob's tonight. Wife is going to Tucson. Come on down and and hang with me and my buds... maybe smoke a few of 'em.

5 hours ago, Davis said:

Your gonna have to give me a little bit more notice :biggrin2:

Your right that would be a rough ride even if I had a couple of days, but it could be fun. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davis said:

The only H.S. class reunion I went to was my 30th. Seeing how bad my fellow classmates have let themselves go made me feel great about myself.

Went to my 25th many years ago.  It was so incredibly boring I left after a half hour.  It was a shame because I had found a really nice bottle of 1973 Cabernet that I had planned to share, but I never took it out of the car....

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Only went to one reunion, it was an all boys school so it was the same bunch of clowns just older. Never went back, I kept in touch with friends anyway, did not bother with the rest so why bother, plus a bunch are dead now I would think.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:
10 hours ago, dtel said:

It's tough being Steve

i certainly wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

actually, most of my fear is that i’ll contaminate something that someone else will touch, then get sick, and the thought of someone being hurt or sick because of me is pretty heavy. i’m less freaked out around beef; but, handling raw chicken -- forget about it. 

Your right chicken is the worst, just be careful and don't allow anyone to lick the raw chicken. Been cooking inside and out for a long time now and no one has become sick, you just be careful not to cross contaminate anything with raw chicken.

Like if your grilling or smoking keep the chicken where it does not drip on foods that take much lower temps to be done. Inside only put raw chicken where it can not touch anything it shouldn't, and wash your hands after handling it.  They even say to NOT wash chicken anymore, it just makes the sink contaminated and does no good for the chicken. 

I bet you can easily be more careful than the average restaurant is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

.It took me 4 days to hitch hike from Saginaw...We've all come to look for America.

I first read that and said it sounds like a song, then realized, must be getting down to the last few brain cells it seems, oh well.

54 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hey its Taco Day too...

A martini and a couple tacos sounds doable to me.

Doable at almost anytime, 24 hours a day, the taco at least. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Your right chicken is the worst, just be careful and don't allow anyone to lick the raw chicken. Been cooking inside and out for a long time now and no one has become sick, you just be careful not to cross contaminate anything with raw chicken.

Like if your grilling or smoking keep the chicken where it does not drip on foods that take much lower temps to be done. Inside only put raw chicken where it can not touch anything it shouldn't, and wash your hands after handling it.  They even say to NOT wash chicken anymore, it just makes the sink contaminated and does no good for the chicken. 

I bet you can easily be more careful than the average restaurant is.

is chicken safe to eat any more?  Sounds like prep for Fugu.

was that message by the Beef Counsel?

• Like 2

• Moderators

The beef counsel says eat beef :o But I am an equal opportunity animal eater, chickens, cows and pigs are my favorites, with seafood next.  

Yes chicken is safe, just with this overly sensitive modern way of thinking they try to exaggerate to sound worse everything most people knew all along.  Like now after many years of them telling us to cut back on red meat they now say oh we were wrong, sorry, just like they did with eggs for years. I will eat what I want and eventually die and they still will be changing their minds. 

• Like 4