Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Along with the chicken's neck (which my Dad and I fought over) we also chewed and sucked on the feet.

That was a very long time ago. Sound's yucky now but food was short and it tasted good.

Nine in the family-nothing was wasted.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NADman said:

Along with the chicken's neck (which my Dad and I fought over) we also chewed and sucked on the feet

Yeah ... remember travelling to Taiwan in the early 70's and eating chicken wings. Was a delicacy there ... took at least another 10 years to become mainstream in the US :D 

• Like 2

Thinking of adding some square footage to LF's music room.  The music room at my house is about right for me but I'm rarely there. LF's room is about 13'x14' and I'm thinking about making it 13'x24'.   

Thinking no more than $30,000.  Would be moving one of the two systems at my place to LF's place when complete.

Worth while?  Considerations?

IMG_3133.JPG

• Like 4

your LF's space is just slightly larger than "the doghouse"...

yeah... an expansion would be nice if you want much more than a nice set of bookshelf speakers.

speaking of which

I can get a pair of RB-81 II local. The person wants $300. Seems a little high. If I want to take a little drive, there is a pair of RB-61 II and a small sub in Phoenix for $200. Anyone have experience with these models? I seem to recall the RB-61 series being pursued further with a couple model upgrades.

that pitch looks like something I wouldn't try....

I'm not a thrill seeker.... got over that before I broke myself.

I used to climb windmills at my buddy's ranch. Get all slimy in gearbox lube and climb back down the metal rungs.

I didn't "ride" herd.I don't trust horses. Big and squirrelly.  They can be your best friend, or kill you as fast

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dtel said:

I like the pieces and thickness of the whole tomatoes.

that's how my "sauce" is. 2 cans of diced tomato, 1 can sauce. Diced onion... peppers, mushrooms, whatever strikes my fancy

point is, there are recognizable chunks of "stuff".

mom used whole stewed tomatoes and crushed them. These diced work fine for me. If I was working with "real" tomato, things would be done differently

• Like 3

Mornin' All

Fall is here. The crisp AM's. It will be in the low 40's this week. Good thing it only lasts for a few minutes. Sunrise fixes that in a hurry. Find myself drinking more coffee to warm up.

Wife likes "fresh air" and leave the windows open. 50` is fresh enough.

Been watching this set of CF-7's, RB-81 II, and a fancy center. The person is splitting them up.  Has $1600 of the tall one, $750 for the center and $300 for the RB's.   Think I'll keep watching. There's a pair of RB-61 II plus a small sub in Phoenix. Asking $200 and they haven't gone anywhere, either. Looking for something to upgrade the R15M's in the doghouse w/o displacing to much stuff.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, NADman said:

Along with the chicken's neck (which my Dad and I fought over) we also chewed and sucked on the feet.

That was a very long time ago. Sound's yucky now but food was short and it tasted good.

Nine in the family-nothing was wasted.

My father would tell stories of slaughtering a pig when he was young (early 1900's).  He said that they would everything but the oink.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, babadono said:

You out of all of the people here, I thought you would get the song connection. This is a lyric from a song.

10cc lyrics can be thought provoking. who can forget these classic lines ... we’ll on second thought, i guess these are pretty straight-forward ...

I like to see you

But then again

That doesn’t mean you mean that much to me

so if i call you

don’t make fuss

don’t tell your friends about the two of us

I’m not in love ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 6:47 PM, Emile said:

Yeah ... remember travelling to Taiwan in the early 70's and eating chicken wings. Was a delicacy there ... took at least another 10 years to become mainstream in the US :D 

https://www.anchorbar.com/history

Teresa.png

On March 4th, 1964, Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar at the now-famous Anchor Bar Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Late that evening, a group of Dominic’s friends arrived at the bar with ravenous appetites. Dominic asked his mother, Teressa, to prepare something for his friends to eat.

They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup. Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn’t take long for people to flock to the bar to experience their new taste sensation. From that evening on, Buffalo Wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar.

The phenomenon created in 1964 by Teressa Bellissimo has spread across the globe. Although many have tried to duplicate the Buffalo wing, the closely guarded secret recipe is what makes Frank & Teressa’s the proclaimed “Best Wings in the World”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!

Been off for two weeks getting this new knee working. Amazing what can be done these days.

If this is a glimpse into retired life, I'll pass.

Key is to be healthy and active when you make that move. If not, it will bore the heck out of ya (me at least).

I will see how long I last today, don't have a lot a stamina yet, but I will be sitting at my desk all day, another thing I am not good at.

I am sure everyone will be so excited to see me. I should keep count as to how many times I hear "So, hows the knee?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My father would tell stories of slaughtering a pig when he was young (early 1900's).  He said that they would everything but the oink.

we're getting different animals now. selective breeding and all.

the chickens raised for meat die of heart at 6 months old and are too big to support themselves.

look at veggies. That super sweet corn doesn't taste like corn. I'll stifle a rant.

Good Morning!

Fresh and sunny. Can def tell summer is gone.Entertaining thought of getting a fishing license and going on a killing spree. The large mouth get tossed back... C&R at this lake for them.  I usually accidentally catch them. I'm after bluegill. Red-ear are OK for fertilizer and won't be wasted. They tend to be muddy tasting.

about gone thru a pot of coffee.  that happens when the weather cools off. Did I mention the wife liking fresh air?   I swear she leaves things open just so she can wear sweaters. I tend the opposite. I'm a less clothing person... to a point of modesty. Figured I better qualify that.

• Like 2

What a surname those gals shared!

The perfection of the hot sauce and margarine. Fried then baked... repeated several to many times for additional heat!

It's a time & effort intensive process to do it right!

Teresa Bellissimo took the piece that lots would not eat, turned it into the piece they couldn't get enough of.  Chicken wing shortages occurred during nfl playoff seasons back when that was the national pastime.

Additional kudos to whoever it was that placed cold crisp celery with blue cheese on the side. 💋(there isn't a pucker smiley I could find)

(&%#2s to the folks that advertise Buffalo Wings and then serve fried chicken floating in a bowl of red pepper sauce.

Is it this Frank?

download.jpg

• Like 1