Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Always wanted to do that too. I also don't have a workshop... Actually would love to build a reproduction of a Gibson ES140. I used to own one, paid $100 for it in original brown case with the pink lining. The body is about the size of an LP, but hollow with about a three to four inch depth. Very cool guitar. Mine was a sunburst like the one in the pic (not mine). The other is one next to an LP, so you can see the size (except it is a thin body).

Bruce

LP_ES-140T.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I have a sunburst epiphone copy of a 175 and it’s very nice (epiphone is a very good bang for the buck). i don’t have a les paul; but if i do get one i’m undecided between a gold top or a black beauty. my next electric is already picked out ... it’s a Duesenberg Rusty Steel -- a bit pricy at about $5K but that’s what i want.  

dtv-rs_stage.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i used to have a half dozen bowling pins around the house.  once upon a time, i was going to make a lamp out of one of them; but that never happened.

* with 6 pins around you must have become efficient at the “PBA 4”or “Greek Cathedral”  - providing you had the ball to go with the pins 🎳

• Haha 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you’ve been in that BS Section before, you know the amount of brain power on this forum

Well with that you should know you have nothing to worry about, maby improve the beating a dead horse skills and trying to change minds that could never change.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

Steve - you asked about the humidity. It hasn't bothered me and my skin likes the moisture. The drier climates are starting to do me in. While in the Philippines at Christmas, we were with family in Palawan. It was about 75 at night and 85 during the day with a nice breeze off the ocean. Yes, got a little warm in the sun, but it was nice. Manila would suck... hot, crowded, too many people and dirty air.

Culion_Palawan.jpg

Looks like you could always jump in for a cool down dip if you're too hot anyway. S-W-E-E-T

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

we need to make del taco great again.

That will never happen...except maybe it they leave the alley cats out of the food source line-up and use pure-breed cats, instead!  I doubt that they would do that, though, due to the additional food costs involved, since those alley cats are for free behind the place near the trash cans!

Chuck's new bubble !

2005 Ford

GT GTX1

$489,900

$4,401/month

Based on 20% down over 120 months *

Rare 1 of 38 GTX1 Roadsters 5.4L Supercharged V8 6 spd 1,916 Miles 3-pc Top

For Sale 2005 Ford GT
For Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GTFor Sale 2005 Ford GT
MORE PHOTOS

CENTENNIAL WHITE
BLACK
5.4 LITER DOHC SUPERCHARGED V8
6 SPEED MANUAL
  • Genaddi GTX1 number 13
  • Listed with the Shelby American Automobile Club Registry
  • 5.4 liter supercharged V8 / 550 horsepower
  • Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle / Helical limited-slip differential
  • Factory air conditioning
  • Power rack-and-pinion steering
  • 4-wheel power disc brakes
  • Removable 3-piece top / Removable rear window
  • Black leather interior / Optional McIntosh audio
  • Accufab performance X-pipe exhaust
  • Centennial White paint / Painted Midnight Blue stripes
  • The GT Garage upgrade and service record
  • All RK Motors vehicles receive a comprehensive, multi-point inspection
  • We can ship your new classic anywhere in the world

It's easy to look at a car like the Ford GT and consider it a solid investment. Taken at face value, GTs, currently selling for over twice their original retail price, are an easy way to bank a hard asset. But focusing on simple financials doesn't really do these classics justice. See, the collector car market is built around passion and the feelings certain cars inspire. And often the most visceral and exclusive machines bring the biggest money. The Ford GT is certainly a visceral experience, but this incredible GTX1 takes things to a whole new level! Not only is the car an ultra-exclusive variant of a highly exclusive halo marque, it also uses choice modifications to enhance an already thrilling driving experience. Want an investment that performs in more ways than one? We recommend this formidable Ford!

PUTTING THE GTX1 IN THE GT

You might be asking yourself “What exactly is a Ford GTX1?” Well, simply put, it's a more intense Ford GT that's been custom-tailored with an array of world class upgrades. The car was actually designed by Ford's own Kip Ewing, one of the primary engineers behind the original Ford GT, the Shelby GT500 and the second-generation Ford GT. After debuting a concept at the 2005 SEMA Show, Ford's Special Vehicle Team, now known as Ford Performance, saw fit to put the design in to limited production. So, the team promptly commissioned 500 cars through pro coachbuilders Genaddi Design Group. However, as often happens with highly specialized cars, production was cut short. And after building less than 100 GTX1s, with each upfit costing roughly $200K, the program was unceremoniously discontinued.

Simple supply and demand dictates that abbreviated production is always a boon for collectors, and GTX1s were guaranteed collectibles from the word “go”. That said, the goal of the program was to provide owners with a car that truly enhanced an already amazing driving experience. So, in addition to being included in the NADA Guide, and listed with the Shelby American Automobile Club, GTX1s feature unique aesthetics that aid performance. Recently serviced by The GT Garage, GTX1 number 13 is led by HID headlights, a factory splitter and standard halogen fog lamps. That “Ford” branded nose points a lightweight, all-aluminum body, which hangs painted Midnight Blue stripes at the sides of roll-bonded floors. Between those stripes, body-matched mirrors reflect sequential Genaddi badging and a 3-piece, removable top that caps a removable rear window. Behind that targa, a lightweight clamshell hood provides convenient access to the car's reinforced engine bay. And that LED-tinged bonnet shades prominent splitters that, in the absence of a factory rear bumper, contrast well to the car's clean Centennial White 2-stage.

FEEL THE POWER

At the beginning of this piece we talked about the passion certain classics inspire, and how every great collector car is rooted in those feelings. Not only was the GTX1 born from that mindset, it defines the sentiment. Even compared to the other GTs we've featured in our inventory, this spyder is incredibly carnal. For sure, the car's 550 horsepower certainly provides big personality, but the carefully accentuated sound and pull of its 5.4 liter mod motor is really something special. Specifically created for the GT program, that burly V8 is founded on a unique aluminum block that's been optimized with a careful computer tune, dry-sump lubrication and a trick Accufab dual-blade throttle body. A forged rotating assembly plays well with four GT-specific cams and reengineered heads that were borrowed from SVT's awesome Mustang Cobra R. And all that proven hardware spins under a Lysholm twin-screw supercharger that's paired with a reduced-diameter pulley. 500 lb./ft. of torque flows through a Ricardo 6-speed transaxle, which powers a helical limited-slip differential. That drivetrain rides a fully independent suspension, which, complete with early-build billet control arms, is married to a sturdy, superplastic-formed frame. Turns come courtesy of power rack-and-pinion steering. Stops come courtesy of cross-drilled discs and power-assisted calipers, which make excellent use of electronic brake distribution and standard anti-lock technology. The raucous engine roars through Accufab's performance X-pipe exhaust. And all that track-ready prowess grips through handsome 5-spoke alloys, which twist 235/45ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1s in front of 315/40ZR19 Goodyear Eagle F1s.

OPEN-AIR COMFORT

Part of the appeal of modern supercars is, unlike their charmingly raw predecessors, they're engineered as the total package. As cars like the storied GT40 have been distilled from purpose-built track champions into white-collar status symbols, luxury has become a crucial part of the equation. Step over this Ford's custom sill plates and you'll find fitted buckets that stretch tight leather around bright silver grommets. In front of those seats, an Azdel Superlite Composite dash seats precise telemetry above optional McIntosh audio. At the bottom of that dash, a magnesium console plants a short shifter in front of a custom subwoofer enclosure. Beneath that console, clean floors float GTX1-themed mats beneath metal foot pedals. Fade-free door panels found keyless power door locks beneath factory power windows and requisite power mirrors. And the driver spins a leather-wrapped, “FORD GT” branded steering wheel around a tilting and telescoping column.

Highly desirable and extremely potent, this unique Ford is a no-compromises exercise in world-class driving. Luxurious where it matters, with serious performance underneath, it's the perfect way to have virtually limitless fun in one of the market's hottest collectibles. If you're looking for an excellent combination of speed, equity and exclusivity, you're looking at your next classic!

----------

HIGHLIGHTS

* Genaddi GTX1 number 13
* Listed with the Shelby American Automobile Club Registry
* 5.4 liter supercharged V8 / 550 horsepower
* Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle / Helical limited-slip differential
* Factory air conditioning
* Power rack-and-pinion steering
* 4-wheel power disc brakes
* Removable 3-piece top / Removable rear window
* Black leather interior / Optional McIntosh audio
* Accufab performance X-pipe exhaust
* Centennial White paint / Painted Midnight Blue stripes
* The GT Garage upgrade and service record
* All RK Motors vehicles receive a comprehensive, multi-point inspection
* We can ship your new classic anywhere in the world

* For 120 months at 6.25% APR at $4,401 per month per thousand financed. The sale price of $489,900. 20% down on approved credit. Actual amount financed shown excludes Individuals Resident State tax, tag, $299 dealer administration fee or lenders origination fee.

$299.00 Dealer Administrative Charge is not included in advertised price. All prices and offers are before state, city and county tax, tag, title and license fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. Dealer not responsible for errors and omissions; all offers subject to change without notice, please confirm listings with dealer.

2005 ford gt gtx1

2005 Ford

GT GTX1

$489,900

Rare 1 of 38 GTX1 Roadsters 5.4L Supercharged V8 6 spd 1,916 Miles 3-pc Top

CALL: (704) 445-9105

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mike @dirtmudd the final assembly of those was done nearby at 1225 E. Maple Ave., Troy, MI.  Our business did some work there as they readied the place to produce the Ford GT.

It occurred to me that 1225 E. Maple Ave., Troy, MI was the address of AMT, the maker of 3-in-1 model car kits.  That address was seared into my brain after all the times, as a kid in Cincinnati, I mailed sweaty dollar bills to AMT to buy the chrome set to a 57 T-Bird Kit, a 63 Corvette body, etc.

I asked my contact at Saleen Special Vehicles, which Ford contracted for final assembly of the GT, if he was aware of the coincidental AMT history.  Not only was he aware of it, but he had worked there one summer in his youth as a forklift driver until he dropped a pallet of small plastic “racing slicks” and was fired after a tire fight with a co-worker.

I found it a strange coincidence that the real Ford GT was assembled in the former home of AMT Corporation.

471D1A40-C0E0-4333-A9A4-B54730AF70A0.jpeg

D2CA3E2A-E37F-481B-AE27-62E347DF56C2.jpeg

6D5937B6-FAF5-4F05-9516-2BB779FA2551.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

1225 E. Maple Ave., Troy, MI.

As soon as I read this at the beginning of your post I thought to myself 'Hey that's AMT's address. ':)

How many times have I  passed that building in my childhood/growing up? oh about a bazillion.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Going to a friend's son's wedding this weekend in Lafayette LA, will be looking forward to some good sausage and boudin balls while down there.

I couldn't live down there it has grown up so much and the traffic is rough, but they do know good food anywhere around that area.

Since there was talk about cars, this weekend is Cruisin the Coast, thousands of old cars. It has grown alot over the 25 years to the point where it now takes almost 30 miles of the coast.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/about-cruisin/

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dtel said:

looking forward to some good sausage and boudin balls while down there.

What are you referring too..?

27 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Not my GT Mike.  I did do a ceramic coating maintenance on the Z435is this morning.  Wash, apply Modesta Smoke, dry, apply Modesta Blast.  Going over the entire car 3 times left me a bit tired.

IMG_7942.JPG

It's hard being retired..... You always forget to stop...

• Haha 1