Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

56 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

nothing wrong with that .... my best memories have been in the slow lane. That’s where real life happens. Cheers my friend!  Too early for me to hit my newest Tequila “Avion” but, i’ll pour one in your honor this evening.

Try the Herradura Reposado.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Life in the slow lane......

woke up from your nap, eh?

I've been practicing for a long time. We used to sit on the porch, passing a bottle of .... and raisin' hell with the passers by. 

now, I sit on the porch swing with my pipe.....

• Haha 3

do you tequila affectionados prefer it come from a particular agave?

I see ads stating all blue [better]...  From my understanding  . Blue agave are used commercially because they grow fast... es todo. That quality makes them "best".

......... for someone

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

do you tequila affectionados prefer it come from a particular agave?

I see ads stating all blue [better]...  From my understanding  . Blue agave are used commercially because they grow fast... es todo. That quality makes them "best".

......... for someone

yes to the blue agave.  The anejo, which i have, is small batch and aged two years (silver is unaged and Reposado aged six months).  I purchased this bottle by mistake as i was supposed to be getting Avion 44 (which is aged 44 months) 43 months in one barrel and one month in a petite barrel, and is reported to be noticeably better. i can tell you this Avion Anejo is the smoothest tequila that i’ve ever had ... great taste and very little bite at the finish. It’s definitely one that i’ll buy again and again.  

Well, my Tequila guy just texted me today asking if I’m interested in something called asombroso extra anejo -- that stuff is aged five years-- he’ll get an extra bottle for me if interested.  I said yes. 

• Thanks 2

not going to Canada... but I can visit lots of Canadians.... in Yuma.   Winter visitors/snowbirds.

Was talking to a friend there... Temp dropped to mid 80's. It feels cold.

made the coffee a little on the strong side. I'm not very scientific when it comes to that. Don't weigh the beans, or filter water.  Have a "spice mill" coffee grinder. no real control of the grind.  Judging by the taste... Too much beans, ground too fine. Kinda bitter this AM.

Boy rode in an obstacle course for horses yesterday. Got a 3rd in the novice division.

Novice is an understatement for him. He's got more time under a horse than on one. He's a trained ferrier.  He learned all he knew about horses taking the course.  Never rode until he got the job at the dude ranch. About 6mo now.  He rode a trail horse... One time thru the course as practice.... and they had to drag the horse thru one of the obstacles.   The other contestants' mounts were more accustomed to competition. It was as much a test of animal as rider. I think he did good.

Round 2 today. Hope he doesn't get cocky and hurt himself trying to go [too] fast.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@BigStewMan will be crushed if you take out all the taco joints...  Also don't target the ketchup plants WB!   You can have the Wal-Marts  :)

We will have to send in the Anne Murray Division to sing and 'dance' at the H J Heinz plant. I believe they march with a company of Scottish Pipers leading the way.

Should be enough to drive out all the staff without actually damaging anything.😉

You could always try French's ketchup if it happens. 🍟

Wb

• Haha 4

• Moderators
On 10/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, dirtmudd said:
On 10/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, dtel said:

looking forward to some good sausage and boudin balls while down there.

What are you referring too..?

Boudin balls is a coonazz sausage not in a casing but in a ball shape about 2" across, usually with something in the center, pepper cheese or some type of cheese, then fried. They are good, the the rest is just sausage but well seasoned in many different flavors but all good. Some of it has rice with the meat in it similar to jambalaya, or the red which has no or very little rice and blood from the pig, sometimes called blood sausage.

But there all good, they cooked gumbo yesterday while we watched football, plus they grilled some boneless chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon, very good.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The food at the wedding was great, all locally made by a friend of the groom, plus an open bar, there were a few casualties by the end of the night.

The place is called Acadian Village, 32 acres of cabins from the 1800's.  http://acadianvillage.org/

The little church in the village, the wedding party about to go in.

The next pic is a little ways down the path the place for the reception,  it was cool which was good because inside was crowded and the tables outside were full also. Very nice wedding.

kyle cameron-001-copy.JPG

kyle cameron-051-copy.JPG

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your probably right, I'm from Louisiana, spelling is not high on my list of important things. :lol:

The reason I asked is because you said: 

42 minutes ago, dtel said:

Boudin is a coonazz sausage not in a casing but in a ball shape about 2" across

I've never seen boudain that looked like that.  Normally it IS in a casing.

boudin_DSC3734.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Your right, I meant boudain balls, had to go back and add the balls word...that looks good wish I had some now.

Also found out it was spell check that changed it to boudin and I didn't catch it. 

I have not any I didn't like but this guy has some good stuff.

http://www.billysboudin.com/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your right, I meant boudain balls, had to go back and add the balls word...that looks good wish I had some now.

Also found out it was spell check that changed it to boudin and I didn't catch it. 

http://www.billysboudin.com/.

Never knew boudain had any balls...what about FEMALE boudains?  Don't make me raise the sex-discrimination flag in here!

• Haha 4

• Moderators

I would bet some day there will be a shortage of boudains, since so many of those parts have been removed.  Depending on the college campus or city we could get in trouble for even putting a label on either, Boudain dysphoria. :o

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, dtel said:

http://www.billysboudin.com/

has to be good.  The little restaurant that opened for me after hours, in LA, was on BillRd.  I call that a good sign. 

I have time to tell a story.

Was driving boy's car to him in NC. Wanted something decent to eat... not macs or.  Turned off somewhere outside of Shreveport and started looking. Didn't see anything, so a stopped at a mechanic's shop [or the like] and asked. Well, I found the place. Empty parking lot. Door locked.  Sitting in the car, ponder my next move when I see a kid poke his face from around the back corner of the building. 

Someone is "home".

I walk around back... Knock on the door. A couple come out and explain that they are closed from lunch and until dinner... I talked them into a plate of leftovers. They set a table [the chairs were on the table for cleaning] and we talked while I ate. Pie and sweet tea to go.  I gave them a sizeable tip. What they did was above and beyond. They could have been making tracks.  They were ready to leave when I showed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1