Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If you saw behind the scenes at any restaurant, you’d have a hard time eating out anywhere.  Our business did some work for a large mid-scale chain restaurant that just opened a new place a few weeks ago.  Walking through the kitchen you would think the place had been open for years, rather than weeks.  It will be a while before I can eat at that place.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....................................

• Haha 4

I swear this town lives on pizza and fast food.  One Chinese restaurant (in an old gas station), a Bob Evan's, a locally owned restaurant, which is ok if you like a 30 minute (if ur lucky) wait for your food and a lil greek restaurant.  The gamut???   Mc D's, Wendy's, Tim Horton's, Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, Arby's, 7 pizza shops (3 local) and countless gas stations w/gut truck sandwiches, a DQ and an old Drive-In w/car hops (summer only).  Seriously? 14k people?  Nah, done.  Kids suck in fast food and any other place is doing you a favor while taking your $.  If I'm South somewhere I HATE coming back here.  The difference in food and service is amazing!  END of rant!  Carry on!  

• Like 3

On 10/17/2019 at 8:39 AM, Dave1290 said:

Coffee and rice!  Puuuurfect!!!  Hit the shed and shred those LS!  There goes the neighborhood.  The visual of you sittin back slurpin that coffee while ur jammin?  Enjoy it!  Oh yea don't forget the sarong.  May as well go for the gusto!

neighbors got a wake up call this AM

https://open.spotify.com/track/14rMaLx9jws2e442XNn7nv

• Haha 2

Samuel Adams' 'extreme' beer contains 'ninja yeast' — and is illegal in 15 states

0:00

0:15

Samuel Adams beer illegal in 15 states due to alcohol containment w
Ad: 15 seconds

Bottoms up ... or maybe not.

Samuel Adams released a new—and limited—batch of its seasonal Utopias beer that some states are already banning from shelves. While an average beer’s alcohol by volume, or ABV, falls below 10 percent, the new release is the highest naturally fermented beer at 28 percent, according to Forbes.

Only 77 wooden casks of the “extreme barrel-aged beer” were brewed this year, which also leads to its limited availability, Fox News reported. States that are already barred from selling the brew include Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont and West Virginia.

Samuel Adams Utopias limited release beer

Samuel Adams released its new batch of seasonal Utopias beers, which have an ABV at 28 percent. (Credit: Samuel Adams)
More

“In Utopias, you will get a beer that breaks all the rules and boundaries for beer,” Jim Koch, the co-founder and chairman of Boston Beer told CNBC. “It’s a labor of love. ... [And] it’s a fair statement to say it’s iconic.”

The custom 25.4-ounce bottle retails at $210. Previously, the brewer has distributed somewhere between 13,000 and 15,000 Utopias bottles, but it is unclear how many bottles will be distributed this year, according to Fortune.

The initial release of Utopias came in 2002 and now the beer company’s 11th release is the most “time-intensive” and “complex process” yet, according to Samuel Adams. With the latest batch, this blend of malt and hops have been “aged up to 24 years in a variety of barrels.”

“The brewers utilized several yeast strains during fermentation, including one typically reserved for champagne, and a ‘ninja yeast,’ created for its ability to survive and continue fermenting in an environment that has such a high alcohol level,” Samuel Adams’ website says.

Samuel Adams describes the taste as “deep, rich, malty, smoothness reminiscent of a vintage port, cognac or fine sherry.”

And as for food pairings, the brewer say the Utopias tastes best with clam chowder, cobb salad, fish & chips, mango-chili chicken for dinner and pineapple upsidedown cake or fruit topped bread pudding for dessert.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....................................

If I could meet Nietzsche, I'd sort him out.  That stupid idea of his has been going around for over a hundred years, but it's still stupid, and still wrong.

In the real world, the saying should be something like, "What doesn't kill you leaves you crippled".

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Try some stout when it comes available in the spring: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/top-rated/ca/

Guaranteed to cure what 'ales' you. 🍺

Wb

here in Oregon, it seems that the market is flooded with local microbrews.  For as many beers available, there is a large degree of “regional tunnel vision” and sadly, that limits our choices.  The store that i found the Molson Canadian in yesterday, just started carrying it.  I previously had to cross the border into Washington State to find it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Islander said:

If I could meet Nietzsche, I'd sort him out.  That stupid idea of his has been going around for over a hundred years, but it's still stupid, and still wrong.

Agreed, except if you take it from the emotional side of life it makes sense and maybe helps some. From a physical standpoint.... the rest of your statement stands 🧐                                                                Got my flu & pneumonia shots yesterday after lunchtime. I was wiped out and laying down at 7:00 pm. Shoulders still hurt but they'll get better soon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Islander said:

In the real world, the saying should be something like, "What doesn't kill you leaves you crippled".

Most of the time he is misunderstood or misinterpreted.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/what-doesnt-kill-you-makes-you-stronger/