Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

High of 70 today then a front coming thru and downhill the rest of the week.  Maples are dropping their leaves here in the hood but when the neighbor's oaks start I'm gonna get them ALL blowing across the street into my yard.  Can't wait!  hahaha   Soooo, until then I'll just hit the coffee and relax.

72843343-10219942244616488-5980240668277

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Before the discovery of vitamin c as a preventive for scurvy it was thought that scurvy and venereal disease were related because many sailors returning from long voyages suffered from both afflictions. 

Must have had a girl in every port, one named 'Brandy' such a fine girl! Then sailed across the sea against the wind. ;)

Untreated, both will kill you slowly.

Wb

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

^^^^^
* who was probably the most qualified candidate —

Although we've all exercised our franchise... none of them are qualified. The question is who will do the least damage to Canada's image in the world?

Here's an example of someone living near my daughter's place who is not clearly open to being independent - only time I've seen someone go to this extreme:

Wb

Serious_Sign_2019_2.jpg

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think we've seen enough of real estate people in office.

And far too much of professional politicians and their family members: Down south and here. We (western democracies) need to limit the people who run and win office to two terms with Recall Legislation where the voters’ can throw the bums out (ala  the former Governor of California ) when they lose the confidence of the people.

Right now we have a popular figurehead of state in our Queen here but I don’t know anyone looking forward to her son Charles succeeding her. The last King Charles was a bad King which is not a good omen.

I do like the USA system of two elected Senators from every state. Here they appoint political hacks as unelected Senators (they can ‘serve’ to age 75 and this system badly needs to change. The sooner, the better.

Wb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

What we need is a good car dealership owner in office. We need a good hot sauce man to lead this write-in campaign.  Vote Elway!

th.jpeg

Nooooo!  Much like the Texas Rangers improved dramatically when W went down to be gubner, the broncos might do the same without horse face.  Raider Nation will not stand for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think we've seen enough of real estate people in office.

Really?

I like when they run on their given name instead of an alias they "took" later in life!

Love the billions saved by our country and the fighting back part too!

Alternate where you obtain your info!

Just now, JohnJ said:

Really?

I like when they run on their given name instead of an alias they "took" later in life!

Love the billions saved by our country and the fighting back part too!

Alternate where you obtain your info!

You mean from the horses mouth isn't good enough?  It has to be filtered by sycophants?