Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

i tried.  i guess i’ll stop thinking and just drink beer and watch YOUR new england patriots tonight (rooting for the Jets though).  Question:  John Elway and the Broncos are playing against Tom Brady’s Pats ... who do you want to win?   (i know you’d prefer they both lose).

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i tried.  i guess i’ll stop thinking and just drink beer and watch YOUR new england patriots tonight (rooting for the Jets though).  Question:  John Elway and the Broncos are playing against Tom Brady’s Pats ... who do you want to win?   (i know you’d prefer they both lose).

Don't watch you are only encouraging them.  It would have to be a tie, and Brady gets hurt for the season and Elway breaks his hip in a fall in the luxury booth.  But I am a softie.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Yes, you screwed the Hmong the very minute Nixon pulled out of a Civil War the USA, S. Korea and Australia should not have been in. There were no favors for the rural people’s in S. Vietnam either. Caught between a rock during the day and a hard place at night.

Most people involved in that war should have read Bernard Fall’s ‘Hell in a Very Small Place’ and ‘Street Without Joy’. And paid attention to his conclusions. The book the ‘Ten Thousand Day War’  is also a great book on what used to be called French Indochina.

Uncle Ho was originally friendly to the West and in particular the USA when FDR and Truman were in the White House.

Wb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

King?  Queen?

Remember Napoleon lost first ‘The Battle of Nations’ and at Waterloo (the Prussian’s certainly made that result inevitable).

Invading Spain and Russia didn’t help.

Result: British monarchy survives their greatest threat since the Battle at Hastings and keep a throne.

Wb

It is more complicated than that. The Norman’s were originally Norseman who conquered western France. French was the language at all European Courts and of diplomacy for hundreds of years (Just like English is the language of air traffic control today). The British monarchy became German, cemented by Victoria’s marriage to Albert and yes their descendants had to change their German name to the made up name of Windsor.

It did not look good to be fighting Germany in WWI with a last name that is so obviously German.👑

That said, everyone comes from elsewhere in this world if you go back far enough. 

Wb

• Like 1

Yep, bleach around the bathrooms then the kitchen surfaces. Not with the same implement.

Won't matter if there is laundry left to be done, it won't go anywhere and could wait forever!

She'll recognize the effort and maybe reciprocate ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' All

Well, the party ends. I pick the wife up at 11AM ...  the house is pretty clean. Anyone have a sure-fire way to get glitter up? jk jk

Depending on the surface either a strong vacuum or a newly minted lint roller like you would use on clothes.

Wb

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Right now we have a popular figurehead of state in our Queen here but I don’t know anyone looking forward to her son Charles succeeding her.

Maybe the Queen wants to outlive him so he won't become king...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i was kinda right even though i’d never heard of the montagnards before today.

I was thinking about Steve Canyon, but haven't found anything about the montagnards in any of those stories.