Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, Marvel said:

Maybe the Queen wants to outlive him so he won't become king...

She's no fool and surely knows that to be succeeded by a Fool is not going to be good for the monarchy. No one would vote for Charles if he ran against his son William in a popularity contest! 

So far she has reigned longest of all British Monarch's. Her biggest mistake was her lack of obvious compassion when Princess Diana died in a vehicle driven by a drunk.

Ever wonder what she carries in her always present purse? My money's on a brick or small hammer to whack annoying PM's with in private. 🔨

Wb

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

hope she enjoys it and sticks with it.  music is weird -- very hard at first but then suddenly gets easier. 

when you realize that the only one person counts in the "likes" ... is you

... and that a sour note only lasts until you quit doing it

she dinna pick anything easy to learn. Double reeds [oboe/bassoon] are right with strings.

• Like 1

truth

when a buddy of mine was learning to play a trumpet, his folks got calls from the neighbors about a "car horn" honking for hours every day.

he did end up making a modest living from playing

surprise a yt vid.   he's a lot older than I remember Ya don't have to play it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

What's in that suddenly popular Beyond Beef Burger?

Check out the ingredients in your dog's food. Notice the commonality?

Wb

Well everything else, bread, potato chips yada, yada has been ruined already by "them, they, it"

lays, "can't even force me to eat one"

At least this is still the same and doesn't taste like the box it comes in!

& love it heated with extra milk in the wave on a cold am!

IMG-20191022-223320.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Well everything else, bread, potato chips yada, yada has been ruined already by "them, they, it"

lays, "can't even force me to eat one"

At least this is still the same and doesn't taste like the box it comes in!

& love it heated with extra milk in the wave on a cold am!

IMG-20191022-223320.jpg

Considering it all started after being ripped off from the Kellogg Brothers Grape Nuts and Post has done well. Much better than Special K and Corn flakes, which tastes like dried cardboard to me. I'm still partial to my Oatmeal in the mornings here. Wife refuses to buy me and make my childhood favorite 'Roman Meal' for reasons I can never figure out and she seemingly won't explain beyond 'UGH!'. :(

I keep putting it on the grocery list and it never arrives.

Wb

• Like 3

@Wolfbane I hear you!

I haven't been able to find "Roman Meal" bread in decades, good stuff there... whole wheat not adorned with bird seed!!

Sometimes I can find a very similar light whole wheat in the Publix here, glad they decided to follow me north since I moved back! They make a rye that isn't dark colored but the rye flavor is almost as heavy as pumpernickel. 

I miss Golden Grahams because I used chocolate milk for them and I have not been able to make chocolate syrup as good as what we used to be able to get in the tin can. Pringles didn't change too much, but they aren't really chips are they?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

What's in that suddenly popular Beyond Beef Burger?

1654159018_BeyondBeliefBurger.thumb.jpg.696839116735892d94d422a07bb29240.jpg

Check out the ingredients in your dog's food. Notice the commonality?

Wb

Beyond Belief Two.jpg

I warned y'all.

It may not have meat.... that's about all you can say.

..... and don't get any in the real meat.... The carnivores will scream adulteration/meat extenders

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks but I've known not to go to mcD's since the 1970s for a real hamburger:D

If you are desperate, starving, traveling with a pet and your local Rotten Ronny's will cook to order at your request (i.e. from from raw patty to cooked while you wait the 15 minutes) McD's is just okay. However, I believe most of their beef comes from outside of N. America and mostly from old Bulls, not beef cattle. God only knows how the source animal is treated (which should be respect and good care) or what they are actually getting in their feed! That said, avoid their chiken sandwiches like death!! 

My wife likes A&W burgers and convience but if I'm picking it up she waits (for my 'cooked to order A&W burgers'). Believe me it is worth the wait compared to the reheated, tastes like shat alternative.💩

Wb

• Like 1