Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Darn you guys!  I just found a Fender Telecaster that i think i need. Not that i need another guitar; but, i’ve had a hole in my heart since i stupidly got rid of a telecaster back in 1991.  I don’t want to blame myself for this purchase -- so i’m blaming all of you.  That’s what friends are for right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'll bet you have to get a permission slip to take one of those knives out......

Actually my wife does (mine). She does not know, or understand, the difference between a Bread Knife, Tomato Knife, Fish Knife and Paring Knife. The previous statement applies to the Japanese made Misono Knives.

She does however know I keep them very sharp and how to use sharp objects on someone. As such, I keep the Bread Knife high up in a kitchen cupboard she can't reach without a chair and try not to remind her too often of the above. The name Bobbitt is never mentioned. Better safe and quiet, then drunk and screaming!

Wb

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Exactly.  We should all be weaned by now.

Some still behave as if they have not. Most of these are politicians.

Game of Thrones illustrated perfectly that fact. Tyrion Lansistor: 'How many men had the snot nosed little wretch sent through that (moon) door already?' 

Too much of a good thing it was not.

Wb

31 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I likes oatmeal....with walnuts, raisins, a pinch of brown sugar and a dash of milk.  And I've made it 14 years on this forum with such a routine.  Whatever Carl was eating caused him to lose his hair......so be careful gents.

You can never have too many walnuts. Too many raisins is a relative thing. Good or bad at times. 💩

Wb

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I likes oatmeal....with walnuts, raisins, a pinch of brown sugar and a dash of milk.  And I've made it 14 years on this forum with such a routine.  Whatever Carl was eating caused him to lose his hair......so be careful gents.

I'm surprised that you can gum those walnuts.

• Haha 2

oh... I think I'll leave walnut crushing comments alone

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I don’t want to blame myself for this purchase -- so i’m blaming all of you.  That’s what friends are for right?

why not? How many purchases of audio equipment get blamed on peer pressure?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd pot of coffee going down... and I got up "late", 4:30

I am guessing the rodents are feeling the change in season. Cat's have been busy. The deaf housecat has got 3. Cool, except for that we have mice. She is teaching the kittens to hunt.

• Like 2

A while back I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the Z4.  Well this week I got a $100 rebate from Michelin and decided to splurge on some Bourbon.  For $97.41 I bought a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch (best small batch bourbon for 2018 earning double gold), a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch, and a 92 proof bottle of Larceny.  Change back from my $100.

Finished up the Bernheim Original last night.

Been doing a lot of reading on second shelf bourbons ($20-$40 range).  Elijah Craig and Four Roses kept getting thumbs up.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A while back I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the Z4.  Well this week I got a $100 rebate from Michelin and decided to splurge on some Bourbon.  For $97.41 I bought a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch (best small batch bourbon for 2018 earning double gold), a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch, and a 92 proof bottle of Larceny.  Change back from my $100.

Finished up the Bernheim Original last night.

Been doing a lot of reading on second shelf bourbons ($20-$40 range).  Elijah Craig and Four Roses kept getting thumbs up.

What?????  Small batch should run around 30 dollars.  I do agree, it's good but normally I recommend it as drinking above it's price point.  94 proof right?

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/elijah-craig-small-batch

Barrel proof runs around $55-60.

EDIT, you got 3 bottles.  That makes sense now.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

What?????  Small batch should run around 30 dollars.  I do agree, it's good but normally I recommend it as drinking above it's price point.  94 proof right?

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/elijah-craig-small-batch

Barrel proof runs around $55-60.

Hey Carl ... i saw something last night that said Weller Full Proof -- where is that on the hierarchy of the Weller Bourbons?

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hey Carl ... i saw something last night that said Weller Full Proof -- where is that on the hierarchy of the Weller Bourbons?

Buy it and I'll send you money to ship it to me.  I've been looking for that for a while.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Buy it and I'll send you money to ship it to me.  I've been looking for that for a while.

There is a website that lists liquor stores in Oregon where stuff can be found. I typed in Weller and it brought up Weller 12, Special Reserve, and Full Proof.  However, it said that no stores in my area had it in stock. 

Just now, BigStewMan said:

There is a website that lists liquor stores in Oregon where stuff can be found. I typed in Weller and it brought up Weller 12, Special Reserve, and Full Proof.  However, it said that no stores in my area had it in stock. 

If you find it let me know.  I'll pay for it or we can do some bourbon horse trading.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

If you find it let me know.  I'll pay for it or we can do some bourbon horse trading.

you’ll have to prove that you’re 21 and that bourbon is legal in your town. 

i will check that website periodically and if it shows a store around these parts, i’ll get one. 

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

So, where does it rank against the other Wellers?  I’ve only had Special Reserve and Antique.

I've never had it, that's why I want to try it.  I never go off of reviewers thoughts as I've had some highly rated bourbons that I really didn't like and vice versa.