Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never had it, that's why I want to try it.  I never go off of reviewers thoughts as I've had some highly rated bourbons that I really didn't like and vice versa.

* what is the saying - “taste is in the mouth of the beholder” —

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never had it, that's why I want to try it.  I never go off of reviewers thoughts as I've had some highly rated bourbons that I really didn't like and vice versa.

based on our previous conversations, seems that prices are sometimes $10 higher here on the West Coast than what you pay.  So, for $49.95 i guess the expectations shouldn’t be too high.  I think that is the same price that I paid for the Antique.  I paid $25 for the Special Reserve. 

Got my eye on a new Tequila; but at $150 a bottle, i haven’t bought it yet.  I’ll wait until i finish the one that i’m working on ... it should be empty sometime next week. 

The new one is Avion 44 Reserva Extra Anejo -- I’ve had the regular Avion Anejo which is the the best that i’ve ever had; but my Tequila guy says that the 44 is head & shoulders better. 

The internet told me a place called Total Wine and More has it for only $99; but, alas ... one more store choice that i had in Los Angeles and don’t have in Oregon. I’m really finding out that LA had just about everything.  There are things that were commonplace there and I can’t find at all around here (and i’m not just talking about great weather). for instance, I haven’t found a good hot dog in this state so far; nor a good burrito. But, housing is stupidly more expensive  in LA than here. 

th.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Darn you guys!  I just found a Fender Telecaster that i think i need. Not that i need another guitar; but, i’ve had a hole in my heart since i stupidly got rid of a telecaster back in 1991.  I don’t want to blame myself for this purchase -- so i’m blaming all of you.  That’s what friends are for right?

If that's what it takes to fill that hole in your heart, I think it's a done deal. Hopefully it's the only hole in your heart.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

stopped at a local restaurant and got some food for takeout.  90 minutes later running for the bathroom.  I wasn’t aware that i had ordered a $20 colon cleanse -- it looked just like a sandwich.  Good excuse to put some alcohol in my gut ... kill the germs.

* oh yeah, the infamous shitt sandwich. 💩🥪 Sorry you were elected to take the bite —

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

stopped at a local restaurant and got some food for takeout.  90 minutes later running for the bathroom.  I wasn’t aware that i had ordered a $20 colon cleanse -- it looked just like a sandwich.  Good excuse to put some alcohol in my gut ... kill the germs.

It seems it's been all down hill WRT food safety in the USA since Theodore Roosevelt pushed for and got passed the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act . I suspect he either read Upton Sinclair's book 'The Jungle' himself (BTW; never, ever read this book) or was pragmatic enough to listen to public outrage over the quality of 'food' being imposed upon urban dwelling people over 100 years ago. One of your great President's.

It's too bad someone like him could never successfully run for high office in today's crazy world. :(

Wb

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, Wolfbane said:

If you are desperate, starving, traveling with a pet and your local Rotten Ronny's will cook to order at your request (i.e. from from raw patty to cooked while you wait the 15 minutes) McD's is just okay. However, I believe most of their beef comes from outside of N. America and mostly from old Bulls, not beef cattle. God only knows how the source animal is treated (which should be respect and good care) or what they are actually getting in their feed! That said, avoid their chiken sandwiches like death!! 

My wife likes A&W burgers and convience but if I'm picking it up she waits (for my 'cooked to order A&W burgers'). Believe me it is worth the wait compared to the reheated, tastes like shat alternative.💩

Wb

I've never thought mcD's tasted anything like beef except maybe a bad meatloaf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've never thought mcD's tasted anything like beef except maybe a bad meatloaf.

i’ve no problem with their “little hamburgers.”  Of course i’ve had better ... a lot better ... i think i’m eating one of the few pleasant memories i have of my life ... being a kid and being taken too McDonalds. Pathetic I know; but that’s just the way it is sometimes. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i’ve no problem with their “little hamburgers.”  Of course i’ve had better ... a lot better ... i think i’m eating one of the few pleasant memories i have of my life ... being a kid and being taken too McDonalds. Pathetic I know; but that’s just the way it is sometimes. 

When I was a kid `68 and five years old, I loved them and remember  they were like 17 cents. + 3 pennies for the pp cheese food. That was when the arches touched the ground in three places and we could run around them. 80s came and besides the regular joints Wendy's had opened and was in every neighborhood here. They were way better than even Burger King.

• Like 3

Mornin' All

wife threw me for a loop yesterday

one of those days at work.  Got home, no Hi Honey... it was "I NEED SOME LOUD ROCK AND ROLL" The neighbors got serenaded with 70s hair rock at concert volume.  I started out at normal "loud" level.... At her insistence, the volume knob settled at 6/10.... She was shouting at me to turn it up.

Now, I have a question

How many of your "significant others" know how to operated your system? Mine didn't. She does now.

by the by

She really does like my big black LS.    looks, too

She has a better appreciation for them after yesterday's "listening session"

WAF is a fickle thing

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

When I was a kid `68 and five years old, I loved them and remember  they were like 17 cents. + 3 pennies for the pp cheese food. That was when the arches touched the ground in three places and we could run around them. 80s came and besides the regular joints Wendy's had opened and was in every neighborhood here. They were way better than even Burger King.

I remember the Mickey D's that had the yellow arches that touched the ground.

One fond memory I have is when I was little and lived in Daytona.  We'd stop by Krystals and get a bag of their tiny hamburgers.   Ten cents for regular and twelve cents with cheese.

• Like 4