Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

image.thumb.png.05b38d7e130090a6d7087500c7575837.png

Sorry to say I don’t remember my first album or download.  My first record would have been a 45, but I don’t remember that either.  I do remember other firsts such as bike, car, etc.  Who can, or would want to, forget that first etc.?

• Like 1

Now that my geriatric brain is caffeinated, I do recall my first and second pre-recorded cassettes, which were:

65C98191-1C73-4ECB-89BA-948F1E9E5F76.jpeg

731F644C-F472-408F-AEDF-EC59D44E90F3.jpeg

They were purchased to play in the Sony FM/cassette player I installed in my new ‘74 Olds 442.  Those might have been the only pre-recorded cassettes I ever bought.  The quality of the tape was dreadful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' All

wife threw me for a loop yesterday

one of those days at work.  Got home, no Hi Honey... it was "I NEED SOME LOUD ROCK AND ROLL" The neighbors got serenaded with 70s hair rock at concert volume.  I started out at normal "loud" level.... At her insistence, the volume knob settled at 6/10.... She was shouting at me to turn it up.

Now, I have a question

How many of your "significant others" know how to operated your system? Mine didn't. She does now.

by the by

She really does like my big black LS.    looks, too

She has a better appreciation for them after yesterday's "listening session"

WAF is a fickle thing

My policy: I change it out as soon as I can as soon as possible after she figures out the existing system. That means today, when I get a free minute. 

Wb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Upon swapping for my first turntable, i went out and bought four (one was a double) albums.

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees

Boston - first LP

Marshall Tucker - Searching for a Rainbow

Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach

I still listen to tracks off those albums (but digitally)

It took me a few moments to remember all four. Took me half a second to remember the first time I saw a lady wearing one of my shirts (and a smile)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

The Guess Who's Share the Land was first album I received as a gift. The Beatles Abbey Road was the first of many that I bought. Lot's of Grand Funk Railroad after that. Still have all the vinyl here.

I remember lot's of other memberable other firsts too, c/w music usually playing in the background.

Wb

• Haha 3

Mc D's?  Ray Krock is rolling over in his grave today!  I remember going to a Mc D's and driving 20 miles one-way to get there.  Today there's one a mile from my place and I drive right on by.  Done!

Females wearing my shirt's?  Why?  Nekkie was ALWAYS better cause you usually wound up that way sooner or later!  Why would I want burn holes in my shirts???  That was then.  Today?  Ha, a fleeting memory!  :)

On 10/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, Wolfbane said:

90 minutes later running for the bathroom.  I wasn’t aware that i had ordered a $20 colon cleanse -- it looked just like a sandwich.

Joke in Box does that for me. I had better be at facilities in 20 min. I am going to the bathroom whether I am in a bathroom or don't

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Sorry to say I don’t remember my first album or download.  My first record would have been a 45, but I don’t remember that either.  I do remember other firsts such as bike, car, etc.  Who can, or would want to, forget that first etc.?

Steve Miller band.  Book of Dreams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Joke in Box does that for me. I had better be at facilities in 20 min. I am going to the bathroom whether I am in a bathroom or don't

I stay away from fast food and especially so the inventor of the 1/2 pound hamburger patty. To me it will ever been known as 'Death in the Box' and that's if you're lucky. ☠️

The real unlucky people who partook in those burgers most of time wish that eating it had killed all of them and not just their kidneys. 

Wb

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

i don’t think i’ve been to a Wendy’s in a decade.  I very rarely go to Taco Bell. I’d go to Weinerschnitzel if there was one up here (had them all over SoCal). Don’t hate the Burger King; but seems that they’re incredibly salty. These days, i’m mostly going into legitimate restaurants and ordering something to go. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t think i’ve been to a Wendy’s in a decade.  I very rarely go to Taco Bell. I’d go to Weinerschnitzel if there was one up here (had them all over SoCal). Don’t hate the Burger King; but seems that they’re incredibly salty. These days, i’m mostly going into legitimate restaurants and ordering something to go. 

* salt + sugar - fast foods gateway drugs 🍔🍕🥪

• Like 3