Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

you got that right, Ritchie

and add a certain amt of fat hits all the food related pleasure centers.

they have it all figured out. 

I'm glad there are any out here.   not for 40 miles

for me, I'm too cheap to eat out. I can't help to think that for the price of this burger, I could be eating steak or shrimp or .... at home. I'll wash the dishes

• Like 4

Tonight was Sushi.  Pretty good too. Grabbed a $150 bottle of Tequila while i was out ... came highly recommended and have been meaning to try it, so i figured no time like the present -- give it a whirl and see if it lives up to the hype. I think i’ll celebrate the final saturday of it being light outside at five o’clock (for the next several months at least).  I believe we change the clocks next weekend. boo!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i can quit anytime that i want.

* the fast food 12 steps -

- fries, no salt

- no fries

- double burger, no cheese

- no double

- single, no cheese

- no single

- chicken sandwich, broiled 

- chicken sandwich, no bun

- 100 oz. soft drink

- 50 oz. soft drink

- 12 oz. soft drink, diet

- Unhappy Meal with water 😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, richieb said:

* the fast food 12 steps -

- fries, no salt

- no fries

- double burger, no cheese

- no double

- single, no cheese

- no single

- chicken sandwich, broiled 

- chicken sandwich, no bun

- 100 oz. soft drink

- 50 oz. soft drink

- 12 oz. soft drink, diet

- Unhappy Meal with water 😢

You've got to move the chicken sandwiches up to the top, along with that crap call 'cheese'. One inproperly cooked can kill you, or make you wish you were already dead. The other is just plain gross! ☠️💩

The originators of Chedder Cheese, must spin in their English graves, every time someone asks "Do you want 'cheese' with that?" If you say 'yes' it won't be real cheese they'll slap on 99.9% of the time.

Wb

• Like 3

Mornin' All

On 10/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, BigStewMan said:

I believe we change the clocks next weekend.

I wonder what happens to all that daylight y'all are saving.  I still think [IF you must have DST] making the change an hour later during the winter is more practical now. I understand why it was done, WHEN it was enacted.

not a problem I have to deal with, even if I wasn't retired. AZ keeps MST all year

The bar had their "Halloween dance" last night. Sounded like our house band.  They're OK/good. The size of town is not indicative of the talent pool. No, I didn't attend. My ears are still ringing from wife's want for loud music.  

I should have grabbed a hair sample from her .... I do not think that was my wife. It looked like her, but. If this is an indication of how she is going to be when she retires, I'm for it. She needs to be able to let her hair down. Being a teacher is tough. Aside from all of the work, there is an image thing. Can't go to the bar and get crazy, ya know what I mean?

----------------------------------------

Mon AM

not too bad out. in the 50's. No dramatic warm up, though. We might get 75`.

Back to Peruvian beans.

Think I'm gonna have to rustle up some firewood. Because I am not taking a truck and trailer to haul, I can get away with pinching some from the national forest. We are allowed to cut for campfires.  The hunt is on. Deer, right now. I think dove season too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/26/2019 at 7:09 PM, BigStewMan said:

Tonight was Sushi.  Pretty good too. Grabbed a $150 bottle of Tequila while i was out ... came highly recommended and have been meaning to try it, so i figured no time like the present -- give it a whirl and see if it lives up to the hype. I think i’ll celebrate the final saturday of it being light outside at five o’clock (for the next several months at least).  I believe we change the clocks next weekend. boo!

Well??????  How was it?

My first album was probably a gift, and I think it was Burl Ives Christmas songs... 🙄

FOOD: There are a couple of restaurants that my wife and I can't go to as e will both get sick. I will admit to eating from street vendors in the Philippines and China and never getting sick.

Mostly we eat at home, preparing our own meals. My wife does like to try different places out, though once there she is miffed that they usually don't have rice. We visit a Mexican resto close to us that has been run by the same family for over 20 years. Absolutely love their food. I am not even thinking about my health when we go there.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Well??????  How was it?

I didn’t try it yet.  Suddenly, i wasn’t in the drinking mood, was going to open it last night; but, had a couple of beers instead. No rush -- i know where its at. although it may have helped after watching that Oakland Raider choke job.

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I didn’t try it yet.  Suddenly, i wasn’t in the drinking mood, was going to open it last night; but, had a couple of beers instead. No rush -- i know where its at. although it may have helped after watching that Oakland Raider choke job.

Go Texans!!!!!  LOL

It was a costly win though.  They lost JJ Watt for the year.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

* he seems to be very injury prone. At least three out of the last four years have been season ending injuries —

Will fuller is injury prone.  I consider any not contact soft tissue damage injury prone.  JJ on the other hand plays through injury and only goes down for something catastrophic like a ripped pec this year or torn groin last year.